Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I notice when using Colordirector 8, that anytime i go to edit a video, when i do edit it, sometimes it flickers in scenes and sometimes it doesnt. I dont recall any flickering happening using previous Colordirectors. Is anyone else having this issue? How can i get this fixed? Help on this would be greatly appreciated.
When you split a video into parts for editing or removal, can you join them back together after editing in Colordirector? I know you can do it in Powerdirector, but didnt know if it could also be done using Colordirector?
Sometimes when i go to open a project in Colordirector 7, it seemingly takes forever to open or i get the Isnt Responding message and wont open at all, so i have to close out and try to open the whole thing again. Any ideas what could be causing this and what i could maybe do to fix it so that projects dont take so long to open?
I have a clip where i dont want to change the color of the entire thing, just one thing or if i wanted to change the color of more than one thing without changing the look of the whole clip, can i do that and if so, how do i go about doing that?
Im using Powerdirector Ultimate 17 and Colordirector 7 Ultra, but the problem isnt with Powerdirector. With that, it will let me add any H264 video whereas Colordirector Ultra wont let me add any H264 video at all.
I try to import an mp4 file and i get the message, H.264 video playback is not supported in this version. Please upgrade to get H.264 support along with other great features. I have the Ultra version, so i would think it would support mp4 videos. I can open an AVI video with no problem but id rather use mp4 if there is a way. Also, i can open H.264 files in Powerdirector, which i thought was strange if i can open it there, but not in CD. Is there something else i have to get on the side to help me open mp4 files with CD7?
I have a video thats just under an hour and a half long that im trying to produce in Powerdirector. After i finish editing it and i go to start producing it, it says that its going to take 12-13 hours. To me, that seems like a really long time, too long. I used a video preset and the Video Denoise feature. In the produce section, i even have Fast Rendering checked, but it still is going to take that long to produce. I dont understand what would make it take so long to complete. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing producing to take this long? Is there a way i could possibly shorten the amount of time it says its going to take?
I just recently got Colordirector 6. I had a video in mp4 format that i was hoping to edit but when i went to upload, i got the message saying H264 video playback is not supported and that i would have to update. Update to what exactly? If anyone else has had this issue, were you able to fix it so that you could import an mp4 video?
I have a blurry video which could benefit from some sharpening so im wondering which method would give me the best results. Would it be best to use the Sharpness option in the Color Adjustment section or to use the NewBlue Sharpen in the Effects section? They probably would both produce about the same results i imagine. Also, what number would be best to set the sharpness at without overdoing it?
This maybe a stupid question but im not the most tech saavy especially when it comes to video editing lol. When finished editing a video, how do i render it in the same file size as the original file so that the video doesnt lose any quality? BTW, the original video i am editing is in AVI file.
Is there an effect that will at least reduce if not completely remove pixelation/macroblocking from videos? Would applying the Video Denoise effect help any?
Thank you for all this information. It was very helpful. So my video is pretty much gonna be slightly altered no matter what the format is its produced in?

Quote Hi CM120884 -

Don't be alarmed. That problem is well known in video rendering... & not just with PDR. Even far more "pro" software does similar things. The degree is what varies.

Producing to MP4 involves compression, so first of all PDR (and other NLEs) have to decode the colours - then they have to re-encode them for the rendered video.

Then you have the other variable - media players, televisions etc (i.e. the thing that facilitates the viewing).

As an example, I made a little video containing only plain coloured boards with the colours labelled their RGB values. After rendering as H.264 MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 16Mbps, I viewed the produced video in a numbare of players & other software. For this post I only grabbed the red slide and checked its rendered RGB value. Originally it was 255, 0, 0.

As you can see, there's barely any difference between the colour patches at the side... but it can make a difference when viewing a video. The whole thing might look a but duller, or darker/lighter.

Each app bumped up the green value, which makes it closer to yellow (unless the blue value also shifts).

I know - I get carried away sometimes.

Here's the rendered video if yo'd like to check with your equipment.

If you could post snapshots of the same frame in (a) the original video in PDR & (B) the produced video in PDR that might help.

Cheers - Tony
Quote I notice that whenever my video is done producing, there seems to be some kind of tint in the video and the video doesnt look the same on any of the media players as it does in Powerdirector. When editing, i get the video to look the way i want it to on there, but then it looks slightly different when finished producing. Ive tried using a couple different video editors and the video comes out looking the same as it did when using them, but with Powerdirector, it doesnt. I love using Powerdirector too because its very easy to use and work with. Does anyone else notice this with their videos when done producing?

Are you applying filters to correct color?
Tell us which filter (tool), to verify, also which format of the original video and which is saving in Produce.

Im not applying any filters. Just changing colors using Color Adjustment and sometimes using White Balance. The video is originally in AVI format. Im not really knowledgable when it comes to the different formats hahaha. Id like to producce it in mp4 format. Would producing it in mp4 really change the look of the video color wise? If it is produced in its original format (AVI), would it look like the way i want it to after editing?
I notice that whenever my video is done producing, there seems to be some kind of tint in the video and the video doesnt look the same on any of the media players as it does in Powerdirector. When editing, i get the video to look the way i want it to on there, but then it looks slightly different when finished producing. Ive tried using a couple different video editors and the video comes out looking the same as it did when using them, but with Powerdirector, it doesnt. I love using Powerdirector too because its very easy to use and work with. Does anyone else notice this with their videos when done producing?
It seems like it takes too long to produce a video thats not really long. Is there a specific setting that has to be used? I checked the quick sync before starting producing but it seems like it just takes its time. The video is an mp4 video that im formatting to 1920x1080p so that could be a factor. Any helpful ideas or tips to possibly speed up producing and reducing some time? Id greatly appreciate it.
Hi everyone. Im really hoping someone can help me. Im uploading and editing a video in AVI format. It is 704x400, total bitrate is 1758 kbps, frame rate is 23 frames/second. Whenever i produce the video and play it in either Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player, it looks slightly different than in the Preview window in Powerdirector. It has kind of like a greenish tint to it which i dont like or understand why it looks like that. Is there any possible way that i can make the produced video look exactly like or close enough to the Preview video without having the greenish tint??? I edit my video and get the coloring to my liking but it looks different when finished. Ive been using Powerdirector for a little while but im still a bit of a newbie at it. Are there specific settings i have to apply or not use? Again, any and all help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Go to: