Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
and id si working

What is working? You can't play UHD Blu-rays with your HW. Wrong CPU, wrong mobo and highly questionable drive.

I readed on AVSForum about support UHD BD on the LG BH16NS40 (new model after 2015). But need confirmation of it.
Quote What optical drives are supported in PowerDVD 17 for UHD BD playback?

I have Pioneer BDR-207MBK (BDXL) this optical drive are supported?

There are only two optical drives on the market at present that support Ultra HD Blu-Ray, Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK and DBR-S11J-X.

www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=50827

I have asked Pioneer support about support UHD BD on the BDR-207MBK. They answered me:

"As long as your computer software you are running supports this forplayback and decoding then the drive will read this information and pass italong to your software."
What optical drives are supported in PowerDVD 17 for UHD BD playback?

I have Pioneer BDR-207MBK (BDXL) this optical drive are supported?
Quote I have question about PC configuration for UHD BD playback.

This configuration HTPC suitable for playing UHD BD with HDR:

CPU: Intel Pentium G4600 (G4600T)

MB: ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac

I'm using a older version of that MB ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac and it is working (except for HD Audio bitstream, see my other thread). Cannot say for sure about the processor as I'm using a 7700K. But according to CyberLink requirements it should work. BUT if you are looking to use the Pioneer UHD Drive it has it's own requirements:

http://pioneer.jp/corp/news/press/index/2064/

And according to those you need i5/i7...

Thanks. I know this specification.

I think the main requirements are the Intel SGX and HD Graphics 630.

For example in this specification there is a requirement: Intel 200-series motherboard. But you have previous version of motherboard and it works
I have question about PC configuration for UHD BD playback.

This configuration HTPC suitable for playing UHD BD with HDR:

CPU: Intel Pentium G4600 (G4600T)

MB: ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac
Go to: