Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi ! I have wedding video taken inside a reception area. There were many videos taken.

The first 10 videos showed no dot video artifacts at all. Later, the last 6 started showing the SAME artifacts in the same places in the video... some were white and some were red and some were blue.... not many only about 5 to 6 dots scattered around the video.

Can PowerDirector 17 remove these? If so, how can this be done ?

Thanks for all your help.

Here is the link to the sample video on Youtube. You will see about 4 dots scattered around the video.

https://youtu.be/Y8DROpVQF1Q
I turned off the Shadow File generation and I've NOT had any more hangups with PD17 at this time.

... as a side-note - while SHADOW FILE CREATION was tuned ON, when I PRODUCE a large wedding file, upon completion and I select EDIT and go back to the EDIT screen, it copies the large file into the LIBRARY. While doing this, I see it is in the process of creating a shadow file.

Ok... I save the project while this is going on, and I exit PD17 to try and get around the hangups. But is would hangup in THIS situation, because, I believe that the PDH server is still making a shadow copy of this large file. Since PDH server is still running, and still probably has hooks into several of the other source files for the wedding, it will not allow PD17 to reastart until it is done. Maybe.... I dunno.

But when turned off the Shadow File generataion, it seems to be working ok for now.

YMMV.

Tommy

That's very helpful info to know. The DxDiag test only deals with media issues so there isn't any info on antivirus programs. TinkerDog, I wonder if you could disable your AV app for maybe 10 minutes and see if that lets you restart PD more reliably. If you're worried about being "defenseless" for that test, just unplug/disconnect from your internet connection for that period.

I also see a couple of issues in the DxDiag results that may help with system stability and possible with producing as well. One thing is that the Intel driver for your i7-4770's built-in HD4600 iGPU is almost a year out of date, and you can download the most recent update here,

At the very end is a list of the 10 most recent serious crashes, but I don't know how long ago any of those crashes occurred. The two that stand out are the "HoneyScienceCorporation" javascript browser extension (which apparently searches for coupons) and problems with the Windows Store search/update agent.

You may want to remove that javascript or at least disable it if you don't want it running, and you can try resetting the Windows Store to see if that gets it working better. It's very easy to do, as shown here.

I'll try these out later on Wednesday..... Thanks !!
Here you go..........

PD17 Version #

DxDiag..... ( in attachment )
I see this has been discussed back in December, but those who missed the discussion thread "Cyberlink PD refusing to load without system reboot", the cause of why you can't start Power Director 17 back up after closing it is that the

PDHanumanSvr Application

is still running in the background, and you can't start PD17 up while it is running. The developers need to have PD17 check for the background app running, and if so, turn it off, THEN start up PD17 and THEN start up PDHanumanSvr after the PD17 is up and running.

Then ONLY workaround is to go to TASKMASTER and manully close the PDHanumanSVR Application EVERY SINGLE TIME you restart PD17.

Now.... if you aren't having any trouble with it, then you are fortunate. Maybe that is why PD17 hasn't fixed it, due to themselves NOT having any problem with it not shutting down when exiting PD17.

Hope they get it fixed...... it's hanging not only makes you have to shut it down, but when it is still running, it hangs the video files it was working on.... you can't delete them... sigh.....

Cyberlink, please fix this. It would be a simple fix, and it makes your software amateurish and not ready for prime time or professional use.

Thanks
Tommy ( I use the PD17 for Wedding Video Production, so I put it through its paces every day !! )
Quote I created an ISO file from PD16. I'm trying to use AVS Disc Creator to burn to DVD-R but it says it's an unsupported format.

Similarly, if I burn my project direct to disc then try and copy the disc, I get some message about not being able to copy multi-session files.

Is there some setting in PD16 that makes the disc copyable or the ISO burnable?

Have you tried RIGHT-CLICK on the file from WINDOWS EXPLORER, then selecting BURN DISK IMAGE ?

I do this all the time without any problem burning the ISO files to DVD.
I have the very same problem with PD v16. If I use more than 1 clip (MP4 in this case) H.264 AVC and Audio AAC 48Khz Bitrate 128Khz, the wave form will not show on any of the clips. The rubber bands are there, but I need the wave forms to show to help ALIGN the clips.... without them, it is extrememly difficult to align them.

I was hoping the update would fix it, but alas, it does not.

Please forward to the Technical Department. Thank you.
Go to: