Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The job title would something interesting like this "Shoot, Chop, split and pack" (SCSP )
It is possible to edit and insert titles we want. Right now I don't have access to PD.
Boongsong

Try filezilla. I use it for difficult sites. The link is https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client
This is a freeware
Alan
I was a little skeptical when you posted specs with ASUS MB. I had 2 of mine,Ivy bridge, breakdown. Threw them and went for Gigabyte.
Now happy as a lark
Duplicate post removed
Dryslot

Welcome to Power director cliub. Your apprehensions is looked at by our Mod who will forward your issues to Cyberlink. As hoped the newer patch should address these issues. The response from CL is way far better than competitors. I too own VS where the help is as NOT as good as Cyberlink.

We have an able moderator and dedicated expert users who help to resolve the most complex issues faced with Power director users.

We have Carl,Cranston,Ynotfish,Barrythe Crab and Dafydd, mod who pitch in to help.

Sometimes there are issues, like the ones you mentioned, which are beyond the realm of user experts and mod and little patience from you will help.
There is. You have to pay for it, like New blue transition pack. Visit their site http://www.newbluefx.com/products/transitions
boongsong

Cancel the download and try again. CL server often plays up. There are quite a few grumbles about CL' download speed.
Patience pays
Fitcoach

1. Insert the video in the time line
2. Stretch the video till you see frames ( Hold the mouse over yellow time markers and move the mouse right )
3. Move the scrubber (the red line ) where you want the cut
4. Split
5. Select the portion you want removed by clicking
6. Hit delete
7. You will be given an option to move all the time lines and close the gap or leave a gap. Choose an option
8. You are done
Post removed
Hmm; how many more skeletons in the CL's cupboard
Edit:
Post Removed
CubbyHouseFilms

Patch went for a patch
All his videos removed. Spammer !
I infer from all the posts that problem is NOT NVidia cards alone. It is vicious cocktail of Haswell+700 series cards + windows 8.1+PD 12.

We have to isolate
1. People with the above pc config. and having problem
2. People with above config and do not have the problem
3. People who have Haswell+nVidia 700 series cards+ Windows 8+PD-12 and having the problem
4. People with above config and do not have the problem

If more people meet condition 1 & 3 then it is PD-12
Optodata

Just a ponder

Have you disabled 3D and Geforce experience program options when you installed the driver.
Try if you have not. Maybe you will be in luck
Honestly I love PD as this has never failed me so far. My editing is few and far between but PD has lived to my needs brilliantly.
I also have VS X7 which when encoded as MPEG-2 does not play on my TV, while PD-12 does. I can only use MP4 in VSX7 which is a trifle disappointing.

Again PD-12 is hard to beat as far as rendering speed goes. VSX7 lags while PD-12 blazes ahead

Optodata

If you look at performance per dollar Ivy bridge beats Haswell on many counts. CHeck Anandtech, Primelabs geek bench, tom's hardware and many more sites.
Optodata

Not much attracted to Haswell. It runs hot, draws more power and is difficult to overclock.
Mine came up instantly. and I run 8.1 windows on Ivy bridge
To add to optodata's post WD has 10,000 RPM HDD (Velociraptor) which is the fastest. The performance diff is significant where the average access times go to 115-120 MB/s and MTF is higher compared to 7200 or 5400 HDD. As Optodata said go for 7200 rpm drives for archiving. I have a 4 TB drive. For faster access go SSD or 10,000 RPM drives especially for HD video editing.
Go to: