Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I want to have a whole bunch of photos to display for half a second each, is there an automatic way to do this instead of by dragging each photo, setting time of each, etc? also if they could be automatically placed in a certain location (like left side of screen) that would also be awesome)
My full version is 11 I guess. Then I upgraded to 13 in 2015, and 15 just now. I guess in 2019 it will be version 17> I also wish that with upgrades they just check that you own the previous version (they actually have a record of it based on my email) AND JUST GIVE YOU THE FULL NEW VERSION - I see no difference whatso ever, in fact I wish I would have just paid the extra $5 for the full version.
Quote I guess that's bad news for me, since those "not widespread problems" hardly get fixed. I have no idea why I had it, but since Barrythecrab mentioned both versions can be installed at the same time, maybe I will try to instal 15.

I always have the FULL versions of PD, not "upgrades", so I am not 100% sure if the same applies to those types of downloads. I'm sure Tony knows!
I guess that's bad news for me, since those "not widespread problems" hardly get fixed. I have no idea why I had it, but since Barrythecrab mentioned both versions can be installed at the same time, maybe I will try to instal 15.

Quote Hi rytis2015 -I can tell you that the difference in performance you've experienced between PDR15 & earlier versions (whichever one you have) is not a widespread problem.I just built a dummy project in PDR13, involving multiple tracks, custom & standard masking, various PiP effects, keyframed opacity & overlays using 4K & 1080p clips with video bitrates of 50Mbps+. I saved the project then opened it with PDR15.
  • Playback was no different in PDR15
  • All masking, keyframing & PiP effects were present... exactly as I made them in PDR13
Cheers - Tony
I figure sooner or later 13 will become obsolete like 11 did with windows upgrades (that's why I bought 13 couple years ago) while at the same time 15 will be fixed of any bugs, and I will just install it then. For now 13 is good enough. thanks.

Quote Whew, got the version 13 back - smooth video and masks are back. I'm only out $65 on the useless v15, but at least I'm back where I was 2 days ago, what a relief!
PD13 is an excellent program, as is V15, however if it is within the allowed timeframe I imagine you can ask for a refund. I will mention that you didn't ask about performance, we might have been able to assist you in that regard.
Thanks! A refund would be nice, UNLESS they have identified this exact problem (mask incompatability+skipping video), are intending to fix it in the near future, and there is something really useful nea features in the 15. please let me know how I can get the refund if possible, without too much hassle.
Rytis, if you just bought PD15, then you have some time to trouble-shoot it, but you will need to reinstall first. All versions of PD can coexist on the same machine, but only 1 can be open at any given time. Start a new thread with appropriate title, provide us with a dxdiag, and let us know what the file types are, or perhaps attach a 5-10 second sample. As for refunds, you need to go to customer support, we have no ability to assist with those types of issues.
Quote Whew, got the version 13 back - smooth video and masks are back. I'm only out $65 on the useless v15, but at least I'm back where I was 2 days ago, what a relief!
PD13 is an excellent program, as is V15, however if it is within the allowed timeframe I imagine you can ask for a refund. I will mention that you didn't ask about performance, we might have been able to assist you in that regard.
Thanks! A refund would be nice, UNLESS they have identified this exact problem (mask incompatability+skipping video), are intending to fix it in the near future, and there is something really useful nea features in the 15. please let me know how I can get the refund if possible, without too much hassle.
Whew, got the version 13 back - smooth video and masks are back. I'm only out $65 on the useless v15, but at least I'm back where I was 2 days ago, what a relief!
Whew, got the version 13 back - smooth video and masks are back. I'm only out $65 on the useless v15, but at least I'm back where I was 2 days ago, what a relief!
I have a suggestion: make version 15 compatable with version 13, because I was very happy with the powerdirector (version13) until yesterday when I purchased version 15, and all my masks (I always crop clips with masks) were gone in my existing files. (it is a lot of work, (not to mention the fact that all video stutters in v15)) so I had to uninstall the 15, and hopefully 13 will be working normally again. I have no plans to use the purchased version 15 until these issues can be resolved first, the only question is will I ever be notified if they are resolved.
What is even bigger BS is the fact that yesterday when I was purchasing the update 15, I noticed the price for UPDATE is practically the same as the price as if I would have purchased it newly ($65 vs $69.) - and now it's giving me BS for not having some "required" old version??? WOW. How many versions do I need to have saved? I saved it each and every time.
This is just beautiful. After the purchase of update I am rewarded with being unable to use the program I had for years.
Quote The content pack is a bundle of additional content that populates your PD installation. It usually consists of PIP objects like frames and animations, in addition to titles, music, particles, disc menus, etc.

I suggest keeping it and running that after your initial installation of PD.

I wish to add PLEASE keep and make copies of your downloads, off your computer (in case of crash or death of machine).
I did - but it only saved the downloader files unfortunately, that is why now I am having trouble even installing the previous versions that I purchased - I do not understand the deal with these small "downloader" files that are not the actual programs.
This is what I get when I try to install the 11, which is required to install 13.
How come I do not have the option to save these programs with my purchase, only the small "dowloader" files. Now even if I try to run the 11 downloader file, it takes me to 15 - I DO NOT NEED 15 - it's CRAP. I just want to have what I had 2 days ago.
Purchasing version 15 yesterday was the biggest mistake ever (not only masks on all my work are gone, but all videos stutter. Unfortunately system restore did not work, so I uninstalled all powerdirector files from yesterday, but now apparently the pd13 downloader file I had saved with the purchase is not the actual file of the program, and I get the "you do not have the required version of the program installed on your system, the installation will abort, please contact your application provider" - IS THERE A WAY TO HAVE ONE FILE TO MAKE THINGS SIMPLE??????????
2_CyberLink_PowerDirector_ContentPack_Essential_PCP160714-011.exe came with version 15 I bought yesterday, and the reason I am asking is because it is a large 2.4 gb file that I downloaded in hopes that maybe it will get my version 15 working (which ever since I upgraded yesterday from version 13, no more masks on my existing work, and all videos stutter, so I am doing a system restore to go back to v13) and I wonder if there is any use keeping this large file on my drive. What's in it? Anything valuable? (took me 5 hours to download it)
Quote Oh, so you're opening a project made in a previous version and the masking you added is missing? Is that what you meant?

Cheers - Tony
Yes, and all clips everywhere stutter - nothing plays smooth.
Quote I always obstained from using transitions, because they alter the timeline, audio of everything afterwords. And if I just insert two transitions at the end and at the beginning of the two clips, it's unnatural looking because of it's "double" appearance. Is there a way to do the standard transition between two clips without altering length of clips in any way? I just want to mask that the clips are from different takes.
Select "Cross" in Preferences > Editing for your transition behavior. Overlap shortens the clip.
Thank you very much.
Actually I noticed that even the clips do not play normally in this new version. I am uninstalling it and going back to 11
Quote Relax rytis2015 -

"Masks" have their own separate module now because they're separately keyframeable.

Select a clip - go to Designer > Mask Designer.

Cheers - Tony
Quote Relax rytis2015 -

"Masks" have their own separate module now because they're separately keyframeable.

Select a clip - go to Designer > Mask Designer.

Cheers - Tony
Is there an easy way to restore all masks of clips in the project?
Quote You just highlight an object on the timeline, then go to the preview and right-click on it. You will get the option in the popup.
thanks. I just updated to the version 15 from 11 and the masks are all gone, including the feature. Any suggestions? It's a lot of work masking all my images and clips
I just upgraded from 11 to 15, and all my old work plays different now, masks are gone, and I noticed the feature is not even available in the properties any more (the third "mask" tab is missing)
Go to: