Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disappointed to hear about possible size issue. At 1.2gb and 7,800 pictures I'm only halfway there.

Tried to insert the dxdiag.txt but got an error on submitting. Will try to sent first page.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/16/2013, 12:30:38
Machine name: REELTRIPP
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: p7-1254
BIOS: Ver: HOL_715.ROM vHOL7.15
Processor: AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7666MB RAM
Page File: 3475MB used, 11856MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
I have been getting more and more program crashes as my picture count goes up. I'm at 7,575 now. I have been filling out the popup error report with exactly what I was doing at the time and included my email address.

I think there is a problem with the Faces database getting so large, mine is about 250 mb. Backup will not save my Faces file and export will not save it either. I have to backup using windows to copy the project folder. So far I have not lost any data (knock on wood), and I have had success by opening a small test project, then using Project Open to open my main project. After a couple of unsuccessful trys I will reboot my PC. Each crash generates an error report. I had at least 20 today. Is anyone looking at the error reports? Do I need to keep filling them out? Is there a problem with large projects?
I don't use the Flag marker so I can use it for subset. If I want a subset of just face "Alton" and nobody else I select a face that is in "Alton" pictures, Use Ctrl A to select all, then Photo/Mark as/Flag. I flag all the faces that I want to NOT be in the final subset. Then I pick Face "Alton" and set the filter to "Flagged". Now my subset contains pictures with Alton only. This same method can reach across types. You can flag a Tag then pick an Album and filter out the flagged pictures. Just remember to reset the flag off when you are through.
Thanks. I'll add a suggestion.
I'm importing photos into Albums (2012, 2013). My photos have tags like "07 Jul", "08 Aug" for the month they were created, and "Ocracoke", "Shack" for location (plus several more). I want a selection of all the pictures in July of 2013, but I get all the July pictures from 2012 and 2013. I was able to get the selection by Exporting to Project - Album 2013, then "open project"
the new project. Of course the PhD has to stop and restart but it does give me all the July 2013 pictures. There's got to be an easier way.
I'm new and read through the whole manual but stumbled on the fact that you can add multiple tags in a selection by using the ctrl key. Works for faces too.
I found it. I had to be in "Show One" mode. Thanks for the help
Thanks for working on my picture but I can't find the "Face Tag Editor". Look at my screen shot and see the difference to yours. I just downloaded v4.0.3926.0 and I've clicked on everything to no avail. I also don't have the icon for "Add Face Tag and Details".
Thanks, I bought a full version just to be sure.
Any ideas on why these faces were not tagged?
Just downloaded and tried out PhD 4 Ultra Trial version. It states that there are some limitations on the trial version but I can not find out what they are. I tried to change things on import but the "Apply on import" did not allow anything but a copywrite notice and a typed in tag name. I hope you can do a lot more. Do I need to pay for a copy then ask for a refund before 30 days if things don't work out?
Thanks, I think I will try it.
Not a user yet but considering.
I have 18,000 pictures that date back to 1930's. Many are scanned so the picture date is not correct. Can I import and set the date? Can I use an approximate date like "CIR1930" or "June 1930"? Can I then search by these dates like pictures in 1930?

Go to: