Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks, optodata. It sounds so complicated, I guess I'll just save the Shutterstock material to the very end and just do it on one PC.
Quote If you use OneDrive, the cache is here: \OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files

Thanks, but I use Dropbox.

So I've figured out that those files are stored in a folder on the home computer that is not in my project folder, so it's not within my Dropbox folders, and that's why I can't see them on my work computer.

Now my question is, Is there going to be an issue if I move them to a new location, within my Dropbox folders?

Jim

Hi,

Try C:\Users\{Name}\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I have a Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\Preview Cache Files folder, but not a Shutterstock Cache Files folder there. And they're not in that. I also have a Preview Cache Files folder in my project directory, but it's empty.

I do see image/video files in the ShadowEditFiles folder in my project directoy, but not all are there and those that are all have an added _0 at the end of the file name, such as 4070104_0.mp4, and using that doesn't seem to be working.
In what folder does Powerdirector put the downloaded shutterstock images? I'm editing on two different computers via Dropbox, and my second computer can't find any of them.

Jim
Thanks, optodata. I have uploaded the example to https://youtu.be/LN0lsn61KPY

You'll see the women's section when they enter that has blurred, while the men's section didn't blur. Same process for both.

And yes, I am exporting everything to MPEG-4, 1280x720, 30p (16Mbps).

Jim
I'm creating a virtual choir video. I have produced it in several sections: orchestra, men, women. I import each section as a track into the master project. Sometimes when I crop an imported track it gets very blurry. It seems the more images I have in the track, it's more likely to blur. Can anyone help me avoid this blurring? I'm not zooming in and enlarging, just cropping unused edges with the freeform ratio.

(I've tried several times to upload an example here, but it won't let me. It gives me a 504 Time Out error.)

Thanks

Jim
Thank you, Jeff! I'll start using it immediately. (Now if they could just get rid of the "Alt".)
Is there some way, other than grabbing the scroll bar on the lower right part of the screen, to scroll down through the tracks? You SHOULD be able to do it by using the scroll wheel on your mouse like every other Windows program, but that shortens the width of the tracks instead. You can't use the down arrow key nor the page down key. I'm so sick and tired of moving the mouse all the way to the right. Is there another way? Thanks.
Mark,

This is Jim, the original poster. I completed my first virtual choir and am about to start on my second. In my first, I did not get to the point of creating the kind of visual effects and transitions you're asking about, but I have an idea that I will be trying out: render ("Produce") the full video or portions of the the video. If you do it in portions, create different scenes throughout, i.e., section 1, only sopranos on screen; section 2, only altos, etc. Then import them back into your're project. (I believe PowerDirector actually imports them automatically.) Then put them on their own tracks in the project, replacing the individual singers' tracks (or just uncheck the boxes on the far left). You should then be able to apply effects and transitions to those newly imported clips. You could also import these newly rendered clilps into a new project and do the work there, which might be easier/cleaner.

I probably won't start work on my next one for several weeks, so if you try this, let me know how it works.

Jim
Thank you so much! This gives me a good starting point. I'll have to use the first method since I'll have more than seven video tracks in use. Now I hope to find a way to add some variety to the layout, like changing from one subgroup to another and add some transitions. But this is a good start.

Thanks again,

Jim
I'd like to produce a virtual choir video, which I've not done before. I'm sure you've seen them, but if not, here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BumCkswUUDA. I am reading lots of information of how to do it in general. Specifically, once I've imported all my video tracks (each singer recorded at home) and have them in sync, how do I create the grid (or tiles) of groups of people, inidividuals, or all the singers on the screen (like a Zoom meeting screen, or the Brady Bunch opening)? I'll probably have about 30 tracks/singers. PowerDirector 365.

Thank you,

Jim
Not sure if anyone has posted this fix, but I was just searching for a solution to the green preview screen. By trial and error I fixed it by unchecking "enable hardware decoding" under Options -- Hardware Acceleration.
Why do all my video clips have the date I imported them as their date created date? For instance, I just created a project and imported a bunch of digital video files. When I right-click and choose View Properties, they all give today's date as their date created, instead the actual date which was from a few years ago. How can I get it to display the actual dates they were created?

Thank you
I made the change you suggested, selecting "Auto-scene detection: During capture, detect scenes by timecode." I closed and restarted PD and captured the video. Upon selection in the timeline, there is still no Time Info button to the left of the trash can.
Having never uploaded screen shots, I'm not sure if I did this right. I attached two .jpgs, one of the capture settings, one of the edit screen where I see no Time Info button.
The User Guide says:

Time Info

When a DV-AVI video clip captured from a DV tape camcorder or an EXIF image is added to the timeline, the Time Info button is enabled. Click the Time Info button to enable the date or time stamp (displayed as an image) that was captured from the original camcorder or digital camera. You may also add a text remark to your video or image if required.

My clip is captured through PD12 from a Sony DCR-HC26 camcorder with digital video cassette (MiniDV) via Firewire. My Quality Profile Setting is DV-AVI Standard Format. When I select the clip on the timeline, there is no Time Info button to select. Why not?
To partially answer my own question, I've noticed that PD names the clips (viewable in the media room, the timeline, etc.) with the date and time stamped at the beginning of the tape (i.e., Capture_20070707153015, which is July 7, 2007 at 3:30:15 pm). But I have yet to discover any way to view the date/time of anything past the first frame of the tape.
I've just stared capturing video from a MiniDV camcorder. The tape has time/date info embedded in it; at any point while playing a tape I can toggle on time/date and see it on the camera's monitor. Is there any way to retrieve that information within PowerDirector once I've imported the video into a project? In other words, if I wish to display time and date in my project can I do so?
Jim,

I just downloaded and installed the latest Hauppauge USB-Live2 driver, and still no difference.

This has occurred on all my tapes recorded from 1996 to 2007. There's no difference between the beginnings and the ends of the tapes. Capturing in long or short amounts makes no difference; usually PD aborts the capture when the jitter gets too bad, with an error message something like "Copy-protected tape; cannot capture."

There are no artifacts on the camera's screen.

Jim
Jim,

Just downloaded and installed latest driver for AMD Radeon HD 7700 series. The problem persists.

Upon conversion from analog, the digital version can't seem to handle the video image created by the movement of the camera (Sony CCD-TRV41 NTSC from 1996). Anyone come across this before?

Jim
stevek,

If by up-to-date you mean with Windows updates, then yes.

The capture device was plugged directly into a front USB port. I've never heard there was a difference (between using front and back), however I switched to a back port and the issue persists.

AV off. System drive? Capturing to a folder on my C: drive.

I see the artifacts all the way through the process: during capture in the preview window, again during editing, and on the final DVD.

Jim
Go to: