Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you Tony!
Don't know what to call them, buttons or something else?

Anyway, the "File, Edit, and etc" buttons across the top no longer work. I click on one, and nothing happens.

Any ideas what to do to fix it?

Thanks!
I have this page bookmarked in my favorites so that it is easy to find when I need it.
The conversion by Handbrake is quite good! In fact it may even look slightly better!

Thanks again borgus 1.
Thank you borgus 1, I am downloading now.
Thanks Tony for checking it. I did what you suggested and then tried that file again, same issue. It could be that the particular file is corrupted or something. Not sure yet. Will have to try some 'new' MOV files instead of old ones and see how it goes.
Thanks Carl. I had the previous version of QT so I installed the latest, and it made no difference.

I then decided to uninstall all AMD drivers. I then installed back the AMD drivers from two versions ago, dated April 2014. That seems to have made some improvement. I was able to load three different file formats including a MOV file from some older videos I shot, and everything worked smoothly. No freeze ups and no syncing problems.

But the strange thing is the video I completed the other day, from three formats including one MOV file, will still hang up when I load from my saved projects.
Thank you Carl for looking at this. Having a slow CPU could explain it. I never knew it was a slow one, used to seem okay.

I have shadow files turned off, because as I recall a few generations ago it seemed the chatter in the forum was that shadow files were very undesirable and should be switched off. I do not recall the reason why.

My system has no issues at all with MT2S, or AVI, or MP4 files, even in mixed use. It has always been very fast to use while editing. Only the MOV files are the devil. Slow to import into PowerDirector, even. A MOV file will just slow everything down now, right from the point of importing it.

One other thought I had today. Not too long ago, a week maybe two, AMD sent me an e-mail telling me an updated driver was available and I should update. Being programmed for many years now that "you should always install the latest drivers" I did as I was programmed to do and I updated it. I am beginning to think this might be part of the cause of my issues.

Anyway, I have spent two days and umpty ump hours editing a 3 minute video. During the process I got a few of these blanked out screens. Here is a screen capture of one.
Does anyone have a suggestion about what I might try to get this going a little easier? It is so hard and difficult to try to edit anything if there even is a single MOV file in it. Right now I am trying to edit a video with MOV, MP4, and AVI and it is a super hassle with the constant frame freeze, skipping to the end, and all that stuff.
Jenny, I have not used my ColorDirector lately. But previously, I had no issues however not sure I ever used a MOV file with it.

I have used PowerDirector since Version 4. I only have had an issue with MOV files since PD12.
Thanks for checking up on them Tony.
Okay, let me try this again, lol.
5 seconds. Crap. I just shot 5 minutes each. Dang, what an idiot. Should have double and triple checked.

I will do it over.
Yes Dafydd, working on it. It's been raining.
Here are the diagnostics Dafydd.
Whoops...
Hah Hah! That's it? Man I thought there was some super complicated process!!

Seriously, I thought Dafydd wanted 5 seconds of each MOV clip I am already using in PD.

In the meantime, here is a typical problem when trying to work with a MOV file. You will note that the video freezes, while the audio continues. Then the video starts again, but it is not quite in sync with the audio.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Duane, I have the preview resolution set low and lousy.

Dafydd, I will get the info you asked for. However, I do not know how to get 5 seconds of the MOV video without running it thru PD. How can I get the samples you ask for? All I have are the original files and it is huge.

The cameras I am using that save MOV files are a Canon T3i, a Casio Exilim ZR1000, and a Walkera iLook+ and maybe one other too. I forget if one of my Gopros's is MOV or not.

Hey fella's,

I am having a heck of a time with MOV files. It started in PD12. Now that I have PD13, I have the same problem.

What is going on is, the MOV files don't play properly in the timeline. The audio does not sync with the video, and often the video just skips to the end while the audio stays back. It is making it impossible to edit any MOV files.

I keep hitting pause and start and pause, etc trying to get the time line marker to stay where it belongs, but that is not working.

Oh, another thing. When I load a MOV file, the icons all disappear. I have to sweep my mouse cursor around inside the window to make them show up again.

I have three cameras now that all shoot MOV! So this is making me crazy!

Any suggestions?
Thanks Phil.

I wanted to update this issue. I still have PD12 with the latest patch. The .mov file that made me start this thread, still plays out of sync audio/video.

However, today I shot some new .mov video and from a different camera. I just loaded it into my PD12 and it played normally. Audio and video are synced correctly.

So, after all of this it seems just that one days shooting (two separate .mov files) in that particular camera, was glitchy in my PD12.

Strangely, all other .mov files shot using that same camera have played correctly.

It's software. And as the saying goes, "shat happens!"
Thank you for the link PLaySound.
Go to: