Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My number 1 request is project management using tabs.

Sometimes I need to go back to an older project, maybe because I forgot how I did something, or because I can't remember how something looked like or whatever. At present, I have to close the project I'm working on, open that older project, close it and open again the one I'm working on, and so on... it's really time consuming.

I use other programs, like Anime Studio (currently known as moho), and it's pleasure to hop from one project to another by simply clicking on its tab (you can have several projects open). I can even move objects and tracks from one to another.

-------

Something that I also find really annoying is that when you're on a project, and you're using several tracks, if you do a symch by audio, the 2 tracks involved get sent to the "depths of the sea" (say they're tracks 3 and 4, they're sent to tracks 10 and 11, even if tracks 6 and 7 are empty.

I don't know why the program does this. If you only have 2 tracks, it's fine, it doesn't do it, but if you have a few of them, it does send them to the depths.

--------

Add the option to "unsplit" a track mark. Please!

---------

When you split a track, says in 2 parts, part a and b, I should be able to right click on one, say b, and silence it or hide it without having to move it to another track number in the timeline (at present you can only silence or hide full tracks). So, yeah, add the ability to manage split tracks in a more friendly way rather than having to move tracks in the timeline.

--------

sometimes sound tracks can be really short (less than a second long) so if you change the timeline view, they can be incredibly hard to find. There should be an option such as "do not shrink soundtrack icons in the time line even if they're less than a second long" in the settings somewhere.

---------
Thanks Tony, much appreciated!
Thanks carl.

I'm aware of that you can't save an object with a video, but you can save an object as a pip object in the pip "custom objects" library.

The problem with saving that object (+movement and sound) as a video file is that it'll probably need readjustments: green screening and, more importantly, positioning. Not to mention that loading all of the video files could become a very time consuming task.

That's why I think saving as pip with sound in the library would be the best choice.
You know how sometimes you create a custom pip that you'll be using a lot? well, the thing is, fairly often we need to add sound to that pip. (I don't know, a giant glove delivering a punch, an explosion, whatever)

I've checked around and I'm surprised to find that I cant actually save a custom pip object with sound (in the library I mean). It's gotta be mute and then I've got to add the sound track manually.

In my particular case, I'm editing some tutorials and adding sound to my custom pips everytime I use them can be a real pain, because I use a lot. Surely there should be an option to save sound to pips? it's really a very repetitive task...

Then again, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Because this looks like a pretty obvious feature to me...
Worth upgrading?

In my particular case, no way.

I'm currently using V13, and the 360º + vertical video editing are completely useless to me and the alleged speed improvements make little difference to me also, as I normally use it to make short video tutorials, and a few seconds up or down are no big deal.

I think Cyberlink has lost touch with its member base, and the product hasn't really improved that much over the last 2 years.

Also, I don't like the way Cyberlink tries to sell me other products which I will never ever use (photo editor, sound editor, etc), and then tries to put them in the same basket and say there's a 50% discount, or 60% or whatever! Yes, right... I too can give you a 99% discount on something you'll never ever use.

A feature several people requested long ago was a major upgrade for the subtitle room. Version 15 and you still can't just create a box and make sure the text appears just there, inside the box! is that really so complicated to code? (at present you can choose the X + Y position, but if the sentence is too long, it's nightmare, because if you need two or more lines instead of one, it no longer respects the x+y, not to mention that for some very obscure reason, the y position can't be lower than 1.00. Why????)

Sound synch is a really cool feature (available in previous versions too) but very well hidden (I actually only learned about it watching a youtube video recently). But when you have to synch more than 2 sound files, it's kind of complicated.
Thanks Opto.
Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I hadn´t considered that possibility, but it's a neat one.

I'm not sure it would work though, because essentially what you'd be doing then is seeing part of the transition effect, but not the full effect applied to an area. (the mask would hide the full effect and you'd only get to see a small portion of the effect applied to that particular area).

Still, it's a most valid approach.
Thanks Dannie, but that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking about applying the effect regionally, to a selected area of the video.
If it were possible to apply all FX and transitions this way, it would open up some really interesting creative possibilities.
At present, however, it seems that this can only be done with a limited number of effects and no transitions.
Thanks Carl, much appreciated.

I actually watched a tutorial on the blur effect the other day and learned how to apply it "regionally".
What I'm learning is:

- Some effects can not be applied to a selected area. It's either all or nothing.
- Some effects can be applied to some areas of the video using that effect's own mask, which is cool. But you need to apply the effect directly to the video.
- Some effects can be applied to a selected are of the video BUT only if you apply the effect to the effects track.

So I guess there's a fair bit of testing neeeded.

All good!

Cheers!
Thanks Carl, I'm aware of that. But what I meant is a "region" of the screen on the video clip.

Call it "regional Fx" or "regional transitions".
Is it possible to apply an effect to just a selected area of the cliip?

How about transitions?

I think this would be a great enhancement if it isn't possible yet.
Thanks a lot Playsound, I'll try that. I searched for .dzp files and couldn't find them, but your solution seems simple and clear!

Cheers!
I've got PD 12 on my laptop and I'm trying to save my custom particles so that I can use them with PD13, which is installaed on my desktop computer.

I can't find a way to export my particles to dzp format. Am I missing something?

I'm aware that there is an option to upload them to director zone, but I'd rather not make these particles public, as I'm using them for some commercial projects.
Thanks ynot, I'll try that.

I've been following pdtoots for a while now.
I'm working on a video I'm editing and I've come across a small issue which probably have more to do with my lack of experience rather than the program itself.

Say I have a layer with a video background (let's call it "a"). Then I want to add a smaller (in size) video on top of it (picture in picture, right?), let's call it b. What I'm finding difficult is to make sure that b´s size is imported at exactly 100% of its size. It seems that I can only adjust its size manually, and the video is imported at a size well over 100%, to fit the size of the background, but that's a big issue for me because then I can't seem to be able to readjust b´s size to its genuine 100% size.
Thanks Carl, much appreciated, the pix made it all look simple.
I tried it and it seems to be working, as there are now some more transitions to choose from (alpha transitions).
There's a slight chance that I was actually wrong when I said that Power Director "didn't see them" after installation though: I was under the impression that the essential pack and the premium content packed actually included more effects, but this is not so, there are no new effects in those packs.
Still, your suggestion is definitely the right way to go about it.

Thanks again!
I have two main Disk drives on my system, a C drive, SSD, 250 gig and 2 TB standard HD.
I'd like to preserve my ssd drive as clean as possible, that's why I've decided to install PD13 on my D drive.
The problem is, when I install all the content packs to the d drive instead of the default c drive, PD13 doesn't seem to be "seeing them".
I thought there would have been a menu option such as "import content from ...", but I can't find one.
What can I do about this? any suggestions? I think there's a way to simply click on each file to import it, but with something like 4 gigs of content, I don't think I want to do that!
Thanks Carl.
Here's a link to that one + 14 more subtitle editor reviews + links:

http://www.aboutonlinetips.com/best-subtitle-editor-tools/
Just like before then, it hasn't been improved.
Thanks for checking it out.
Does anybody know if there has been any improvement in the subtitle editing section? The main issue in v10 was that you could not pick exactly where the subtitles went...
After several emails and a couple of weeks, I´ve finally been able to sort out this issue with royaltyfreemusic.com : I can use the track in question without any problems for my youtube videos.
That gives me peace of mind as apart from the receipt, I also have their emails.
I guess it's a bit of jungle out there and we're all trying to make some sense out of it.
It's only fair that musicians should make some money out of their compositions, but many of us are pretty honest people who have purchased a license to use it, and we should be well covered.
Neill, Tony, thanks for your posts.
Yes, I'm aware that they are completely different (I'm still a beginner, but that's one of the few things I'd learned already! lol)
I think the titles room is pretty good. But you can't add subtitles using the titles room. I mean, theoretically you could, but it would take ages! (imagine translating a full lenght movie to another language using titles!)

But the subtitles room has no additional features. Text goes where they tell you and that's it... I think more flexibility is needed.
Go to: