Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So the answer to the question, "Doesn't only one video track appear at a time?" is no, you can have multiple tracks all appear at once. I wasn't thinking about overlay effects, such as subtitles, where the overlay background is transparent such that the main background shows through. I think I understand now. Thanks for responding to my newbie question.
I've been doing basic home video editing for years, but I have not once used more than two video tracks. And the only reason I ever needed more than one was because I needed to disable the sound on one clip, so I put it in its own track.

So, when I hear all this talk about people using multiple tracks, it makes me wonder. What are they doing that requires multiple video tracks? Why can't they do what they need with one, maybe two? Doesn't only one video track appear at a time? What am I missing here?
Quote: If you bought the downloaded version, did you install the Content pack?
I installed the retail version from disc, not the downloaded version. I did, however, download and install the latest update, 9.0.0.3305, after I installed from disc. Note that the disc installation didn't allow me to select any options. It was pretty much all or nothing.

In the Magic Music panel, there are no songs. Both the "Select style" and "Select song" pulldown lists are empty. I assumed that this would get install automatically with PD, so I uninstalled, then re-installed and updated to the latest build 9.0.0.3305. I am running Ultra64 on Win 7 64-bit. Any ideas?
Go to: