Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes, thanks Dafydd
I could not see any 4:3 settings set and only 16:9.
Have attached pic of timeline and you can see preview window is chopped a bit (although no black border now) and if you look at clips in timeline they are not clipped?
2nd pic shows video manager YouTube with chopped top and also has not generated any thumbnails and after some hours thumbnail is still not showing in YouTube page. This clip took quite a long time to load and thought it may not load.
Seems like may be other issues and will redo to see if can fix.
Another video have started looks fine so just wondering what happened.

Peter
Have just upped to build 3403 and have this black border around preview window and also is cropping videos. Latest to YouTube has produced like this. Am I missing a setting or have I set something wrong?
Thanks to you all.
Yes, agree with O/S on SSD as have done this on notebook we take overseas and works well.

Am dividing some longer videos to part one, two and this also helps upload to YouTube. Have noticed if too much time passes loading can get authentication errors.

Will edit subject to SOLVED and thanks again for your help.
Yes, thanks 1Nina and optodata. Have had success in loading .wmv to YouTube at 720 or even 1080 but taking quite some time. I had for short time good ADSL speed at 7 down and 1 up but am some distance from connect point here and they have stabilised the ADSL which slows it but I do not loose connection, or so they explain. They have not explained how I had great connection before and don't now?
In any case the manual YouTube upload works and have noted how can change to higher resolution with settings there. Did not realize that before.
Also think my system is a bit light for video editing and considering getting this. Optodata you may have some thoughts on it and hope Dafvd doesn't flame me for this. Think am still on topic though, maybe.
These are details of computer and appreciate your opinion. -

INTEL i7 -4770 with ThermalTake case

Intel-I7-4770 3.40GHZ,4 cores,8MBCache, LGA1150,

Asus Motherboard, Z87, LGA1150,SATA6G,USB3.

Thermal Take Armor Revo Gene Black Mid Tower case with top mounted HDD Docking Station.

2 TB Sata 111 Hard Drive. (Western Digital 3.5 Caviar Green 2 TB Sata 111 Hard Drive).

2gb Graphics Card.... Sapphire 2gig 256 bit GDDR5 PCIE3.0.2*HDMI DSP DX11 OC (HD7850_OC 2G GDDR5 DP/H/2D graphics card).

16gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM. (2x8gb).

128gb Digital Hard Drive. SanDisc SDCZ60 128gb,Cruzer Glide.

700W Power Supply. Thermal Take Litepower.

BluRay Combo.. Pioneer BDR 207DB BluRay Combo.

Windows 7 Ultimate installed.
Thanks 1Nina, and know you will get well soon. Springs around the corner and maybe you need some time in one of those famous Nordic type saunas.

Pettros
1Nina, the YouTube screenshot is the file uploader I am trying to use and not working for me. But have just spoke to my BB2 provider and first thing she said is reboot my modem and that should do it weekly. I remote power off everything else but leave modem on 24/7. So result is speed is much better and will try again.
Optodata, will attach a Speedtest result and file info, not sure am getting right info.
Have started same upload and ettload is less than half so looking a lot better but still not as good as it was.
YouTube file info re type are either .wmv or .flv. Note attached.
ISP provider tells me these figures are well within averages for BB2.
This is Australia downunder and all is upside down here so maybe this is why it is slower.
Thanks 1Nina and Optodata, trust your all having a nice weekend.
What truly confuses me and also likely repeating myself, is that most of the almost 80 uploads to YouTube are HD, over and hour long and often straight from .mts to YouTube using PD uploader. And most of them done with 4Gb of RAM and no dedicated graphics card?
And they all worked. Now have 8Gb of RAM and dedicated GC. CL have at least admitted to me there are problems on YouTube side of things.
Tried an MP4 upload and did not work as per attached and also info on ADSL2.
Thank you an do hope this all works out. Will post again with result.

Been in Oz since '70 and did see Expo Omnimax theatre in '84 or '88 and Expo '88 in Brissy. Previous to Vancouver Expo '86 False Creek in Vancouver was so polluted I think if you lit a match there it would explode. Used to go on dive trips from there.

I can say that near the woods in front of us we have a Buck kangaroo that when he stands up he looks eight feet tall. I don't want to meet him on a dark night!

When you say. 'You don't need to create a DVD, just produce the output video as an MP4 or .m2ts file.'
I thought I was already producing H.264 AVC and that is the output?

Okay changed my export folder and discovered it produced to the import folder and found the 8Gb .m2ts file there which am now trying to upload. Still trying to reach 1% and indicating approx. 60hrs to complete. This is not looking good. At that speed I can get back to you on the weekend to let you know the result
The .m2ts file plays fine in Power DVD. Will persist for a bit and see how it goes. Gidday and Gnite for now.
Wonderful and will give it a go as they say down under.

My Canon video data is AVCHD 1080/50i. 1080/25P (Max. AVCHD 24 Mbps) And not sure of difference.

I have used mostly 1080/25 but have tried 1080/50i and have not noticed any difference.

May all the nicest sunsets shine on you. Am long time ago from West Coast B.C. and remember nice sunsets.
Thanks optodata (Man), now that has a nice ring to it.
Yes, do have permissions to large YT uploads. Over last couple of years or so have uploaded around 80 and most over 1-1 1/2hrs. long. And many direct from .mts files. Lately been trying MPEG4 and others but none working. Although smaller files do which may point to the large file issue.
Actually YT in there format to use to not show .mts but they have obviously worked. Have always used PDs' YT uploader and works well as it takes my completely edited video produced from PD. I have put some together in earlier times but is a bit painful but to note it has got somewhat better.

So my questions are based around what has worked before not using PD12? Because all worked with PD10 which I have upgraded from Dec. 2013. Since then all my issues have happened.

And CL support after much back and forth and sending my source files finally admit there are problems. Comment pasted in my first post in thread.

If you noticed 1Ninas' comment, I quote: - 'The safest way is to just produce your video and then use YT’s uploader.'

My question back to her is how to you save a file in PD12 other than a PDS, which of course cannot be loaded to YT, and then load it to YT?

InPrivate session of IE is new to me, have not used IE for many years. Only Google Chrome. What is InPrivate session? Have not noted this in GC but just now have noted 'New Incognito Window' in control window and this must be what you are saying. But still leaves my question how to upload a PD12 fully edited video to YT not using PD12s' uploader?

Thanks for your help and realize have missed something very simple. That is that normally I just put together my .mts files, save a .pds and then create a DVD and folder. Then go back and use the .pds to upload to YouTube.
I have done this since PD8 and has worked quite well, but not so with PD12?
My question is how to you save a produced/edited video that is not a .pds? Otherwise one has to load separate files and assemble with YouTubes' editor which is a bit limited in what can be done.
Do think CL has still some issues to resolve to get PD12 right and then of course so does this foggy old brain of mine.
I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem uploading to YouTube?
CL support recognize this problem as per their reply: -

'Dear Peter,
Thank you for writing back.
Regarding your concern, i want to inform you that our RD team has discovered this uploading to YouTube issue in PDR12. It seems like YouTube server has changed something so it affects some platforms.'

I am mostly loading 1hr+ files and maybe this is the issue but am not sure.
At present am trying converting .mts to MPEG4 @ 1280x720 and then loading to YouTube at same resolution and even this will not work. The conversion and the produce to seem to go OK but YouTube cannot convert.
Your suggestions and help appreciated. Thanks

YouTube attachment is typical of end results am getting there.
When producing to You Tube say .mts to .wmv as per yknotfish examples:

Here's an example. I shot the original clip on my Canon XA20 - 1920x1080 50p @ 28MBps and produced 2 files.
1. AVC 1920x1080/50p @ 28MBps - file size ~96MB - http://youtu.be/6unlZlJ1nkA
2. WMV 1280x720/25p @ 6MBps - file size ~22MB - http://youtu.be/04DokCfSnxg

Correct procedure is to produce file first and then save to project file and move to 'Online' and produce to YouTube.
Or can you just go straight to YouTube.
And you thought there where no idiots here!!!

And then of course YouTube does its own thing. Have had problems loading to YouTube.

Received this from CL support re YouTube:

'Thank you for writing back.
Regarding your concern, i want to inform you that our RD team has discovered this uploading to YouTube issue in PDR12. It seems like YouTube server has changed something so it affects some platforms.
We are now investigating this issue.'

Regards
Peter
Do not know if even in the ball park here but mine took 13secs.
Have 4Gb RAM at moment as awaiting replacement 8Gb under warranty.
I have stayed with 334.89 as 335.23 seems to be all about gaming improvements. Am not sure if installing this is useful or not. Some comments from NVidia re video editing improvements would be helpful?
If cannot even download this Beta then should be an easy answer? Would not think this would be off topic.
Have been working with CL support for two weeks. Even lifted to higher level and still nothing. Last advice was download V2616. Even after emptying download folder still comes up I do not have correct version. Tried v. 2626 and same thing. Am at v.2509 at moment and will not upload to YouTube. Rendering is slower etc., not good.
This should just work as most S/W usually does.
Support is either very slow or very overloaded dealing with problems with PD 12?
Have been happily using 4Gb RAM for last two years and just upgraded to 8Gb. Unfortunately am back to 4Gb as one of the new sticks died and as dual pair have to send both back.
Trust there is some light at the end of all this.
Sorry Carl, been busy. Yes is bit long and some problems with LAN port to wireless router. LAN port has died and now using onboard wireless and bit better. Like to use LAN to router so will try a PCIEx LAN card to fix.
Have used MP4G to upload to my YouTube account and attached shows result.
Am using PD10 on my notebook and will try from there.
Also some pings to Google attached.

Question: How to you get quotes in message box. Yes and getting older definitely plays a part in this.
Hi Hellebauer
You must be on fibre optics!!
I am having some problems with LAN connection on desktop and now using onboard wirless to connect. And is much better, I usually get speeds at +500KB/s.
Do not think is problem with ISP. Did a quick ping test to check as per attached.
Have done the reinstall as CL support suggested. Did an upload to YouTube and same problem. As per attachment.
Have sent to CL support and wait their reply.
I believe am doing basic editing and rendering which should work without any problems.
What do not understand is that I have upgraded from 4gb RAM to 8gb and computer is definitely faster but PD12 is slower. Did think I read it will render up to 40% faster? Feels like 40% slower.
Thanks borgus1
Have gone from PD8-PD12 (not PD11) and have never had so much problem as having with PD12.
CL support after I described all my problems have said download all new files and do a reinstall.
I have already got all these files but can see their reasoning. I had PD12 at latest Beta patch v2613.
At present have spent all day downloading files as per attached .jpg. Exe file no problem just over an hour.
But the content pack a total different story. 7hrs for first one including a fail at approx 2hrs and now am
at 2hrs left on the second pack also which failed half way through!! What has happened to picking up
downloads where it stopped and continue with download?
I have an ADSL 2 BB conection and downloads from CL have been anywhere from 40 KB/s to 175 KB/s.
Am beginning to think that video editing S/W is not only complicated but can be problematic. I believe CL
can do better. My problems with PD12 rendering did not happen in PD10 so am quite frustrated with it.
Enough said but will send this to CL support also.
Peter
Go to: