Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have almost the same problem but my TV is a samsung. It worked fine until after some update of PD during summer or autumn.

I have solved my problem by using not the default audio codec AAC but changing this to a custom setting LPCM as in the included screenshot.

It is only when I use the TV built in videoplayer I get the problem. Using for example VLC there is no problem. So I think that the updated? audio codec AAC in PD is not compatible with my TV-player. During spring 2021 I did not have this problem.

Have a nice day

Sven Erik Elfgren
I have the same problem but with files from Gopro hero 8 Black and 2.7 K 100FPS.

I see the problem if I use the edge enhancement to get a little sharper videos. I reported this to CL support.

If I use the sharpening effect in Colordirector it seems to work but need som more testing.

I also noted that the stabilizer indeed cause the same error. If anyone is interested I uploaded a project where this can be tested.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t4y7gb0xh3KnMfwXmVbssI22z0wcyRv8

Best regards

Sven Erik Elfgren

Thanks for reply. I am still facing the freezing at 80% last 2 days. Hav eto break up the hundred files single project to 2 projects in future to avoid this unless PD software people solve this.

So are you using shadowfiles? If so Have you tried my workaround shown in the video ? For me it saved a lot of work not having to split my big project in smaller ones.

Best regards

Sven Erik Elfgren
The link below is to a video showing two bugs that crawls to the surface if you are using large projects. The video also shows workarounds for these bugs.

The first bug is loading a large project using shadowfiles. It freezes for hours at 80%

The second bug is about inserting a transition on a long timline
and trying to change the length of the transition. Maybe someone found the obvious workarond earlier.

Best regards

Sven Erik Elfgren

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h1wN6dBCS1zcqwtYUDaIZEzl53FO3ylt/view?usp=drive_web
Hi I am having the exact same problem. I have a usb3 ssd drive with mp4 footage from my gopro and mtx files from my sony.

Programs hangs at 80% when loading this project. If I leave it on it might continue after a couple of hours!!

The program is not dead but takes about 7% cpu and about 1 Gb memory or 23% memory no disk activity.

I just updated to latest version today an the program now hangs. On the timeline I have about 5 hours footage where most of the
mtx files are on track 2 while the gopro mp4 files are on track 1. at the first 45 min the mp4 files and the mtx files are mixed on track1. The thing I know so far is that I have a lot of gopro mp4 files with 100fps and 200fps and for some of the 100fps files I slow down this to 50 fps to se this footage in slowmotion.
I have w10 and a amd with 8 processor 16 threads and 32 Gb of ram The gpu sometimes show 1-2 % activity.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Best regards

Sven Erik Elfgren

Actually I found a workaround. As the gopro footage is mostly 4K 50Fps I use the shadowfile possibility. Now Turning off this before loading, the loading is smooth and fast ! After that I can turn it on and editing goes faster. It is obviously some kind of bug when loading a project with the shadowfiles turned on.

Best regards

Sven Erik Elfgren
Seems as this bug is fixed in the latest patch although not mentioned in the patch enhancement list. cool

Hi optodata, everywhere except is strong since I just tested a few projects. I found one that did not work with Remove All Unused Content from Library but this one worked with Empty the Library so I will use this until Cyberlink fixes this once and for all.

It is a very simple and fast workaround.

Once again Thank You very much.smile

Sven Erik Elfgren

I have done some more tests as the support at Cyberlink cannot reproduce the error. I tried to use a big dirctory containing only .mp4 files from a gopro5. With only .mp4 files in the library the .mp3 waveform seems to work. The libraries that does not work contains mostly .mts files generated by my sony fdr-ax33. So can it be that there is something with the .mts files that causes the trouble?

Sven Erik
Quote That's valuable feedback.

Just to clarify: Are you saying that you see Remove All Unused Content from Library work everywhere except your big project, but Empty the Library does work there?

Hi optodata, everywhere except is strong since I just tested a few projects. I found one that did not work with Remove All Unused Content from Library but this one worked with Empty the Library so I will use this until Cyberlink fixes this once and for all.

It is a very simple and fast workaround.

Once again Thank You very much.smile

Sven Erik Elfgren
Quote Sven - you've done it! You've cracked the mystery here! You found consistancy, which had eluded the rest of us, and you found that the library was involved. Those two clues are critical to the workaround I've just found. Thank you so much for sharing your findings! cool

It turns out that it's not the size of the library or how many clips are inside - but something in the library code is absolutely key to triggering the waveform to be generated (or is preventing the waveforms from being generated).

I first tried doing your test (EDIT: using my own clips, NOT the ones in your Google Drive folder). I imported 224 media files (well over 100GB in total) and dragged four of the video clips to the timeline. In your video, the waveforms appeared and you only had trouble when you dragged an MP3 clip to the timeline from File Explorer.

On my system, none of the 4 clips had a waveform, and neither did an MP3 clip that I dragged onto the timeline. If I copied those four video clips to a new project and pasted them on the timeline, there still weren't any waveforms, even though the library was empty. Opening and closing PD had no effect for me, so there had to be something more than just library content or size.

As I was working on the library;'s possible role, I found that right-clicking in a blank section of the Media Library and choosing either of these commands would be the solution!

There are only 3 steps in my proposed workaround, but all are mandatory:

1. Open a project that doesn't display audio waveforms, then right-click on an empty part of the Media Library and chose either Empty the Library or Remove All Unused Content from Library. It doesn't matter how many clips are there to start with or how many you end up with. Even if the library is already empty, or if its only contents are the clips on the timeline, chosing one of those commands is needed to trigger the waveforms.

2. Save the project (or Save As), and then close PD. This is required!

3. Reopen PD (and the project too, if needed), then watch and wait while the waveforms are generated!

The best news is that once these steps have been performed, my testing shows that the project will always generate waveforms EVEN if you manually delete any of the ~PD_xxxx.txt files from the waveform cache folder. In other words, PD should finally work as expected

I have tried this over a dozen times on several different projects, and it works every single time. If other people can confirm that this approach forces wavforms on their machine then we'll finally have a reliable workaround for this issue, and hopefully Cyberlink will be able to work out what's been going on all this time.

Please post back with your results. Again, a huge shout-out to Sven (Elfgren) for his detailed effort!

Thank you for appreciating my work. I understand you also have digged in to this problem. And yes I tested your workaround and it works for some of my testprojects but not for all. The one it does not work for is the the one with all files from my vacation in the library and almost everyone of theese files on the timeline that is I have about 3 hours on the timeline. However if I use the Empty The Library menu pick it did work! so thank you very much. This will help me until Cybelink hopefully fixes this bug

Best regards
Sven Erik Elfgren

That's a very interesting discovery! Could you please reply and paste the video link using this button?

<a>https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AUrv4I9rhgfAznwLB-OMMc4hAi5kdJ3M</a>

This one would work I hope.
If you take away the <a> at start and end
Best regards
Sven Erik Elfgren
Hi, I have the same problem and i have one example where you can see the error (that is you do not see any waveform on a mp3 file added on the timeline) and one example where you cannot see the error (that is you see the mp3 waveform) The one and only difference I have seen between theese examples is the size or maybe the number of files in the project library. So I created a huge? project library by adding all the files from my latest vacation (the 64 Gb memorycard contained about 40 Gb of raw videofiles.)
Then I added just a few of these files to the timline and saved the project and finished PD17. After restart PD17 and starting the saved proj I added a MP3 file to the timeline... No waveform visible! Making this again(Fresh restarted PD17) with a project library containing only the files on the timeline. You can see the waveforms. So a possible workaround is this: From the file menu choose

Pack Project Materials. Save this in a suitable directory. If you close down PD17 and restart it by doubleclicking the .pds file in the packed filedirectory you will get a project with a libary that only contains the files you had on the timeline. You should now be able to see the waveform on the MP3 file ! Now try to open the original project and hopefully you will be able to see the waveform there as well.

The support at Cyberlink works on this problem and hopefully they will find the error (bug) and fix it

Best regards

Sven Erik Elfgren

To PD support 2

I do not know if the link above works but if it does you may see a screenvideo of how the see the error with huge libray and not with a small library.
And of course obviously as a live subscriber you can not download pd15 as you are entiteled to...
I am also waiting...

Very frustrating when you just paid the subscription money for one year and not getting the update...
Why is this update not for live subscribers?
Go to: