Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you Warry for your attention.
I don't feel too capable to do all the tests. For now I can manage to produce a DVD with Power 2Go. I don't do a lot of them anymore, but I happen to produce some for friends. With PD, I can choose the chapters on the Timeline. The creation of the menus is more elaborate than with Power 2Go, where you cannot create chapters.
I thought this problem would be easier to solve.

Regards
Michel
Quote Warry’s recommendation may fix the problem if you can fix all the problems in Windows first. It may be that you had a problem in creating a DVD that caused this problem. Something PD flagged in the registry that maybe only someone at CyberLink can know and fix. See this post where something similar happened to me. An external ssd used almost a year is no longer working in PD avchd removable disk folder creation after one non responsive incident: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/107928.page .

Hello everybody

I read with great interest the subject cited by tomasc.
I'm not the only one having problems with PD 365, even if the problem is different.

My PC works correctly (I believe) assembled by a computer expert friend.
Motherboard Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro AX, Intel Core i7 - 11700 K 3.6 GHz, Disk Samsung 970 EVOplus, Internal SSD Disk NVMe M2 500Go, My Windows is Win 11 22 H2, up to date.
Corsair 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 graphics card.

Only my 2 DVD Roms are old and the firmwares are no longer upgraded, but work well with other video editing software, or Power2 Go 11.

Cyberlink support answers me at low speed and asks me very complicated things.
I have already sent them the DxDiag reports, screenshots and a video capture of what I was doing with the PD crash when I want to create a disc.

They asked me to provide them with the result of this test (test 4) but the link is missing ( line 4.1)

4 Program log
Please follow the steps below to gather the program log and send it back to us:
4.1. Download and extract the attached file
-LINK
4.2. Move the file “Dbgview.exe” in the extracted folder to the desktop
4.3. Browse the folder
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector21\
4.4. Move the file “MotionMenuGenerator.exe” to the desktop or another folder as a backup.
4.5. Cut the downloaded file “MotionMenuGenerator.exe” and paste it to the folder:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector21\
4.6. Browse the folder:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector21\runtime\authoring
4.7. Copy all files inside the folder to the desktop or another folder as backups.
4.8. Cut the rest of the files in the extracted and paste them to the folder:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector21\runtime\authoring
*Note: When a message pops, select "Replace the file".
4.9. Launch “Dbgview.exe” by the administrator
4.10. Launch PDR by the administrator, go to the CreateDisc room, and reproduce the crash condition.
4.11. Go to Dbgview "File->Save As" to save the log.
4.12. Rename the file name extension of the log from .log to .txt and then send it back.

I would appreciate if someone could help me and make the connection with the support
Regards
Michel
Quote OK, I see and understand. At least your windows system should be in better shape now :
I also understand why there are no crashes visible in the DXDiag file, because the error situation is captureed and handled by PD itself. Which in itself is good, because that should give CL an idea of WHERE things went wrong, at least if you have (hopefully everytime it happened), allowed PD to send the information to CL?!
If not, please do so, and indicate in the message space what you were doing and refer to the forum page of this conversation.

I don't think we, here at the forum can help you any further. It is for CL to solve. For now I would suggest that you produce video files that can be burned to DVD etc. with another (working) program...
Maybe others have better suggestions....

(Little side-note if you allow me: I see that you have used and inserted images photos with the original size. I cannot see what output format you use, but it is likely 16x9. If that is the case you see that there are black areas at the left and right side of the photo on screen? What I do in such situation (and the photos allow me to, I crop the photos to the 16x9 format so that they fill the whole screen in your video). The cropping can either be done within PD, are with a photo-shop-like program, whichever you fancy.)

CL support is aware but that takes time to respond to me ......
I 'll give them the link of the forum .
Regards
Michel
Please find here other capture of annalysis
Quote Looking at the DXDiag.txt file I see three things that catch my eye:
1 I don’t see any PDR crashes?
2 You have two DVD writers. There is a (very) small possibility that PD is not able to handle and select from the two? Maybe try to disable the one and if that not helps the other. Or even disable both and try the portable writer.
3 Your windows update process has stopped. This may be because there something wrong with the system (which I think is the latest version). Nevertheless, I would suggest that you fix that first:
Here's the steps you can try.
-Click Start, type CMD (or terminal) and run it as administrator
-Copy and paste the command below and hit enter.
Sfc /scannow
(look at what windows reports)
Wait until the pc finishes scanning and repairing any corrupted system files then proceed with the next command
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
(look at what windows reports)
Once done proceed with these steps.
- Press Windows key + X
- Go to Settings
- Click Update and Security
- Click Troubleshooter then Additional troubleshooter.
- Look for Windows Update and run the troubleshooter.

Thanks Warry for your help

I have done many tests with DVD writers :
Disabled each writer , then both and use the portable USB writer : PD 365 crashes .
I have changed also the USB plug ( front , rear , USB2 and USB 3..: PD 335 crashes

I have tested power2go and I can produce DVD in all cases .

About test of Sfc /scannow :
The analysis has found some errors and the repaired has bee done ( verification also verified twice )

About test DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Done also and restauration done . Operation succeed
The step 3 has permitted to unstalled Diagnotic Data viewer :
Not easy for me to understand .
Finaly , PD 365 crashes always .
I joined some captures of the process to produce the DVD . I can't see the DVD Writer in the menu
Thanks Tomasc
I have upgraded all my drivers , but the results are the same . Remains the update of the BIOS , but I think that the result will be the same also .
It is very srtange .
My 2 DVD writers are a little bit old and the new drivers don't exist ( I have just reunstall overwrite ) .I tested 2 days ago a recent portable DVD writer and PD 365 crash also when I try to launch DVD production .
What do you think about the DxDiag ?
Regards
Michel
Hello everybody
I updated PD 360 to day -> same result : impossible to create a disc.
I have disconnected my 2 DVD writer and I have connected a slim portable writer .
PD 360 crashes also .
I am very dissapointed .

The cyberlik support knows my problem , but for the moment no solution . They have the dxdiag , video capture of the crash ...etc
Theirs response are too long .
Regards
Michel

That DxDiag.txt is not attached or seen in your post above. Did you browse to the file name and location and click OK after clicking the attachments button?

Try this: You need to attach the DxDiag.txt on your next reply by clicking the blue attachments button at the bottom left. On the reply screen, do a Control-A keyboard keys to highlight the whole screen in blue. Right mouse click and click Translate to French. You should then be able to see the whole page including the instructions in your native language.

Thanks TOMASC

The file is attached now
Hello Everybody
Always same problem and impossible to create DVD from PD 365 .
My DVD appartus are OK et I have update my Windows 11 to day .
I can create a DVD from Power 2Go 11 .
I don't know what happen !
Cyberlink support can not know also .
Regards

I have produced the DxDiag , but I can't know how to join it

DxDiag File attached here
Hello
Thanks Warry for your response
I contacted the support last week and they ask me to list all software unstalled on my PC . I did that , but I have no response for the moment .

I wonder whEre is the problem ?
Regards
Michel
Thank you Tomasc and Warry for your responses .
I can't see the 3 options that you means . I can't see anything , no disks , Bluray , avchd.....
PD crashes immediately when I click on "créer un disk " .
I noticed also something stange ( I never noticed before ) : The color of tab production when 1 open PD director is blue ( see the capture .

I hace contact support cyberlink that told me to unstall and reunstall PD 365 .

Regards
Michel

">

I kept on my PC PD 17 and I have a good menu to produce the DVD ( see the capture ) . That confirmes that the DVD apparatus work very well .

">
Quote I created BD and avchd Discs today. Click the DVD button and it did not crash on my pc. Try clicking the two other buttons and see if they crash on your pc. Payment as you asked may or may not be necessary. Only Cyberlink support will know if you decide to contact them.

Hi
Thank you for your fast response
I don't see the two buttons that you mean ?
Please could you give me more details .
I join a capture

Regards
Michel

">capture of PD 365
Hi
I have download the new version 21 . I have produce easily a MP4 file but I encountered a problem when I want to produce a DVD .
When I click on DVD tab n PD 365 crash immediately . I don't what happen .
I have noticed also that my licence end yesterday and I have not yet my licence to day . Is the reason ?
I have cheched also my DVD apparatus and all is ok .
Thank you for help
Regards
Michel

My Windows 11 : new version 22H2
Quote If you still have that previous version of PD14 installed then you can access the SmartSound from PD17. On the top left Click on Pluggins/Media/Smartsound quicktracks.

The last version of PD to include smartsound is 14. You could go to the smartsound site and download it if you do not wish to install the PD14 in your screenshot.

Thank tomasc

Michel
Hi
After reinstallation of Windows 10 and PD 17 and Director Suite 365 , I can't find my Library of Smartsounds as in the prévious softwares .
Before , we use Magic Music to access to the library .
How do to find again this library ?
Thanks in advance
Michel

Image of Magic Music in PD 14

">

PD18 only has NB Essentials I, VII, and Paint. You will be missing other NB packs that you may be accustomed to using, for instance, VI, part of PD14 so on if you don't install those versions. So very possible you may need to install older versions even if you don't really want the older PD application available.

The FAQ is only for CL generated packages.

Jeff

Thanks JL-JL .
Hello

thank you both for your quick responses.
I will follow your advice.

Regards
Michel
Hello
I had to re unstall windows10 on my PC following troubleshooting .
I have all versions of Power Director ( 14-15-16-17-18 and Power Director 365 ) .
I would like to find the same state if possible for all plugins ( NewBlue,.....) and all packages.
I have kept also some folders for my own Titles .

Do I have to reinstall everything or just PD 365.
Thank you for your response
Regards
Michel
Quote New Blue FX and Powerdirector have had a bumpy road from time to time and the best place to get help for the watermark issue is probably New Blue Support.
NB support is very good and timely to answer, and their FX are quite good.

https://newbluefx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thank you for your help . I have contacted Newblue support .
I'll keep you posted on the results.
Regards
Go to: