Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Depending when you purchased,the download service is no longer available to you anymore.
I had this problem on PD 10,since then I make back up copies on CD and thumbdrives.

Info about download service by Cyberlink:

Extend the period you can download your Digital Copy with the CyberLink Extended Download Service

Worried about losing installation files caused by system crashes? By purchasing the CyberLink Extended Download Service you are able to download your software at any time for up to one year from the order date.

With the CyberLink Extended Download Service you can:

Re-download your CyberLink software when you need it during a 1 year period (standard service coverage is 30 days).

How to use the Extended Download Service?

Please click the "LOGIN-LINK" that you received together with your order confirmation e-mail, enter your account data and then the "Download" area. In the Download section you will find your software and can re-download it.

Please note the following:

The Extended Download Service entitles you alone to reinstall a replacement copy of the purchased software onto your personal computer.
The Extended Download Service only applies to software that has been purchased in conjunction with this service.
The use of the software downloaded in conjunction with the Extended Download Service is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the End User License Agreement of the software.
Try this guide.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/32385.page#175843
Will give a go and see,also there a new settings on the preference menu for Intel effect acceleration parallel.

I cant check mark it it's disable for me.
Just did a test and no more Nvidia logo shows up using H.264 M2ts AVCHD with hardware acceleration on.
On your preference option set your timeline framerate of 30 instead of 60 or 50fps.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38014.page#195643

Work with 30fps for time being till Cyberlink fix this issue.
Make sure you have the latest official patch install and your video card drivers are up to date.
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

Also follow the steps to post your Dxdiag.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page
I personally use flash video downloader for Firefox addon,it lets you save the 1080P videos with audio.

It downloads the video and audio separately and then combine them automatically due to youtube encryption method.
DUDE!
Thats my problem,I use 60fps on my project and my video are in 60fps that causes videos to unlink.

Once I changed my project timeline fps to 30,no more videos go unlinked.

You narrowed it down whats causing it,well at least for me but now its fixed so far.

I tried editing videos past the 41 minute which I describe my previous post beta forum and now the bug is fixed for now.

Reopening and closing my saved project does't break my video and audio.

So the problems narrowed down to high framerate and maybe how the info is stored in PDS file project,probably not saving the info correctly.

Thanks man or madam for this info,it helps alot for me since i produce an hour video for my youtube.

Also you can now snap videos together with out to much worry of out sync symptoms.
Still causes problems with video and audio to unlink in this patch as describe in the previous beta patch forum.

Also there's a new way to reproduce the bug always no matter what time frame it is using only one clip.

Put one video in any time frame between 7mins and 8 mins.

Save the project and close PD 12,now open it and you will see everything is ok.

Now move the clip 2 secs either right or left and save the project and close PD12.

Once you open the project again,the video and audio is unlinked(bugged).

New drivers still woks with the beta patch for PD12.

I'm currently on the latest patch for PD12 (v2613),so far it working.
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Under the "Question Type" select "Other"

Next "Select the question type" there you can make a suggestion officially.
Thanks.

I just found another bug in the timeline that cause the audio and video unlinked(Bugged).

I used a small 17 sec clip to test it,put any clip in between the time line of 14mins and 1 sec up to 14mins and 40sec will cause the bugged the clip of unlinking.

Any video that's pasted before the 14mins and 0 sec the video is fine,also in the time line of any video that pasted on 14mins and 41 sec the video is fine too.

So the affected time line area is between 14mins and 01 secs to 14mins and 40 secs,so any video that there will be affected by the bug of the audio and video to unlink.

Will post more bugs if encounter,but for now that's the only area that videos will be effected on the timeline.

EDIT#1
Ok it's seems that when put the video first time on a new project on timeline 14m and 01sec and save the project the first time and re open it, the video is fine but not always.

But when you reopen it the second time,the video might be fine intill you move the video at least 1 sec to left or right and save the project and then reopen it,the video is now bugged.
Just discover another bug that can cause video and audio to unlink.

Use one video clip only or two if you want but one clip will do it at least for me every time.

To reproduce the bug is drag a clip to the time line at the time of 45mins,don't put the clip from the start move it to 45 minutes make sure the length time of the video clip stops at 45 minutes.

Now save the project and open it,you will notice that the clip is normal and not unlinked from video and audio.

Now move the clip after 46minute and 30sec's using one clip,now save the project and re open it,now you see the video and the audio is unlinked(bugged).

I done this twenty times and each time a clip is pased the time line of 46minutes and then after will create the bug.

So it seems that PD is only limited to produce videos of under 46 minutes,anything over that limit will create an unlinked audio and video bugged.

So try it and see and verify it for me,because for me it comes the same result each time.

So now I have make videos under 45minutes before it bugs out.
Well I did more testing and I found out what also cause this problem for me alot.

Each test always produce the problem and here what I did.

Add two clips while they are snapped together edit the second clip on the right while its snapped to the first clip,let say split the second clip and remove the clip you just split.

Now move the clip you kept and snap it to first clip,add a transition like fade on the second clip,save the prject and open it.

Now the clip has the video and audio unlink bug but also the first clip,the first clip may not look like it but is is affected,remove the second clip and leave the first clip.

save the project and open it,now the first clip is also affected because of the second clip.

Now after several testing I find it that,is the two clips are snapped to get when you first put it on the timeline,dont edit neither of the clip.

Separate them before you edit them,once separated edit either the first clip and the sceond clip add them some transitions to them while there seprated.

save the project and open it again,now both clip are no longer unlinked (bugged).

My advise is before you edit any clips,keep the clips apart from each other while you edit them,it should no longer be problem even with a transition speed of 0.8.

It seems PD doesn't like to clip snapped together even though you can disable the snap feature it still a problem.

EDIT#1
Did more testing and even with transition 2.0,still causes problem.

I narrowed down whats causing it,but I don't know why,but it can be reproduced the bug problem over and over even with out transition.

It's basically what I have stated on my comment on this post,add two clips make sure both clips are snapped together,cut the second clip and remove the portion you don't want,now move the clip you want and snap it together with the first clip.

Save the project and reopen.don't even have to add any transition on the clip,it still cause problems, video and audio is unlinked again on the second clip with out any transitions.

It now seems Pd is strongly doesn't like clips be snapped together at all, even if you edit the second clip while it's unsnapped from the first clip.

But if you add one clip and split it and add effects or transition on the same clip and snap it together with a transition and longest its not from a different clip source then problem doesn't occurred.

I believe the problem is actually the PDS file(the project file) it's probably miss calculating on how its saving the information of the two clips from different source,but has no problem with a single source clip that's edited.

Please pass this information to the team,thanks.
I get those to alot!

It happens on PD 10 as well alot.

The only way that occurs lesser problems with that is to add videos one by one on the time line and cut and edit when you need to then add the next video and repeat.

Also don't keep videos snap together,keep them apart with some distance between them which seems to work a bit.

Edit:
I just saw Dafydd post.

EDIT#2:
Wait we have to leave the default at 2.0?
I don't remember what was the default value on PD12.

There's one thing that this patch finally fix for me that's not normally mention or documented official supported.

For me it's finally fix for using a custom profile for AVCHD using over the limit bitrate of 280MB,it no longer creates a huge crystal ball with blocky artifact on middle of the video.

Normally the inbuilt profile maker only lets you select the bitrate up to 48MB,but if you edit the profile using notepad you can go higher up to 135Mb with no problems in the previous patch.

Anything higher then 135MB will create a ball with lots of distorted block and blurry effects in the middle of the videos.

I play games and record in Fraps,my games has very high motions,135Mbitrate wasn't enough for me to maintain artifacts or block effects free,I needed higher bitrate over 250MBitrate like I had on PD10 which would let you go up to 300MBitrate but not on PD12.

Currently the highest you can go is 280Mb,anything higher then that will disable the hardware encoding and only use your CPU to encode instead of your video card,which will take super long to create on CPU mode,one minute video will take up to 10-15 minutes to encode.

I can finally now encode HD lossless quality video to use on my Handbrake for the final encode before uploading to youtube.

I just hope what ever new patch comes out wont break this.

I had submitted a ticket on December describing this problem and the person told me they couldn't normally fix it because it's not supported normally cause of the inbuilt profile maker,but they were aware it can go higher over 100mbitrate in PD12 and I already told them in PD10 I can go up to 300MB but not in PD12,in the end they just close my ticket and that made me mad, but now I'm currently happy with the program that i paid on November.

P.S
MY custom profile:
Ran a small problems when using either the MKV,MP4 or AVC using profiles 2k and 4k doesn't let you use fast video rendering and hardware video encoder option when trying to produce,there greyed out.

The profiles of 1920x1080 and below does lets you use fast video rendering and hardware video encoder.
Preliminary test on my side shows that indeed it works with latest beta of Nvidia 331.93 Beta drivers.

Using win7-64 Pro.
Depending how much tilt it is,if it's only a minor I suggest use borders for you video black colors and use the rotatinal tool but don't zoom in.
You need to download some pip or something.
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/search/effect-search.do?keyword=border&x=0&y=0#EE,SOUND,TT:title,MT,PFX,PRESET,AVATAR:avatar,AVATARC,ACC,BG,MGS,AR,ENV,ACE,TP,CP,DB__Relevance__AllTime__All__ALL__All__-1__2__16
Yeah tried it this morning,still an issue.
Go to: