Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi RossCo -

What's the source of your .MOV files? Camera? Model?

I've just checked a dozen or so clips from various Canon & Nikon DSLRs, iPhones & iPads etc... the audio plays back correctly in each case... in PDR15 & 16.

Tom - what's your camera?

Cheers - Tony

It's a video system in a courtroom.. 3 cameras, mixing board etc... the recording is done on to a device made by atomos the device name is Ninja 2.. It records to a digital hard drive then there is a usb interface that plugs the hard drive to my pc..

I have been using a free converter from the web for a year to convert to mp4 from mov files. I recently bought PD16 thinking I could import and convert the video. The free converter is so painfuly slow that it takes hours to change it to mp4.

The MOV file imports to PD16 but no sound track.. went back to the free converter and converted to mp4 and it has sound.

Don't know I am at a loss on this one.

Handbrake is very fast for me. But then I have a decently powerful computer. How current is your computer, RAM size, graphics card, etc? That may be a restriction to your conversion times.

Thanks Handbrake seems to work well.. Converted mov file in about 35 minutes.. Not an answer to the problem with PD16 but at least it got my MOV file converted to where I can use it.. Good temporary fix..

Glad to hear that! Progress!
Quote Hi RossCo -

I've just checked a dozen or so clips from various Canon & Nikon DSLRs, iPhones & iPads etc... the audio plays back correctly in each case... in PDR15 & 16.

Cheers - Tony

It's a video system in a courtroom.. 3 cameras, mixing board etc... the recording is done on to a device made by atomos the device name is Ninja 2.. It records to a digital hard drive then there is a usb interface that plugs the hard drive to my pc..

I have been using a free converter from the web for a year to convert to mp4 from mov files. I recently bought PD16 thinking I could import and convert the video. The free converter is so painfuly slow that it takes hours to change it to mp4.

The MOV file imports to PD16 but no sound track.. went back to the free converter and converted to mp4 and it has sound.

Don't know I am at a loss on this one.

Handbrake is very fast for me. But then I have a decently powerful computer. How current is your computer, RAM size, graphics card, etc? That may be a restriction to your conversion times.
Quote Hi Tom -

Here, with QT installed, PDR15 & 16 both play audio from the Canon T3i. Do you have QT installed?

I can't get hold of a sample clip from the Casio EX-ZR1000, even though I came across a previous thread of yours where you'd posted some samples. That's a forum issue, not anything we can fix right now.

Would it be too much trouble to post another sample?

Cheers - Tony

I don't think I have QT installed anymore, ever since PD eliminated the built in music creator. I am certain I uninstalled QT as I do not use any Apple products.

Thanks Tony!
Quote Hi RossCo -

Cheers - Tony

Tony, my camera's are Canon T3i, and a Casio EX-ZR1000, both create MOV files.
Quote Having the same problem with PD16 ..

Import the MOV file and there is no audio track. Play the mov file with quick time and it does have audio.

Haven't been able to figure why it is not importing the audio track with the MOV.

Really kind of stuck in converting the MOV to something I can use.

Anyone had any similar experience and how did it get resolved?

Thanks for any help you can provide..
Ross

I never found a fix within Cyberlink. I have resolved to using a third party software to convert MOV files to MP4 files. It works well for my needs.

It is called Handbrake. Do a serach for "handbrake software".
Quote Hi, Do you see the audio wave form in the timeline and is it half way up or more? Is the nativer audio track active? (Dot near the name of the track)?

No, that is part of the strangeness. No audio wave in the track when I drop it down to the timeline. No audio in the preview window.

Yet it has audio and plays it if I watch the video on my PC using the PC video player.
Is this a known problem or just a glitch in my personal copy?

I shot a MOV video today and it has an audio track that plays when I watch the video in my camera or on my PC. However, when I import the MOV file into PD15, there is no audio track.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Quote Thanks so much for posting this. I had the same issue with a brand new installation (in the middle of a deadline). I wrote to CL tech support and, if I get a response, I'll post it here. In the mean time, the .dll attached by Mr. PDtoots is working...though I'm a bit nervous about it. Ya know? (Did you have any further issues after replacing the file?)

Deborah Ann, no I did not have any other issues. Mine is working as it always had before. It is a very strange glitch and very interesting to learn another use had the same thing happen!
Tony, your file worked!! sealed

Thanks again!! laughing

Cheers, Tom
Quick, before I try installing your file, look what I just saw! The Magic file is dated the exact time I tried to open PDR! And it has 0 kilobytes.

PDR Folder
Quote Hi Tom -

Strange error given that it's been running fine.

I don't know if it would help to replace that Magic Tools.dll, in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15, but I've attached one. Worth a shot (in the dark)?

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you very much. I will give it a try and report back.
Hi guys,

I edited two videos on Saturday. PDR has been working fine. Just now I wanted to run PDR and edit another video and I got an error. It will no longer open PDR.

What can I do besides "run the installation" all over again?

Thanks!

Error
I contacted Cyberlink technical support and learned that it is quite easy to install the upgrade without having the previous software "installed" on the new PC. However, you must have your CD license from your previously purchased PowerDirector software in order for the upgrade to install itself. It will ask directly for the previous CD license. Once it is inserted, the upgrade goes ahead as normal.
I bought it direct from Cyberlink. And it did not uninstall PD14, I can still use it.

Thanks for the comments.

Still looking for a definitive answer.
Hi all,

I upgraded to PD15 from PD14 and installed it no problem on my PC.

Then just the other day my wife got me a new PC! Lovely wife and lucky me!

So, I still have time to download the files from my account. But this new PC does not have PD14 or any PD in it.

My question is: Can I do a cold install of PD15? Or must I first somehow get PD14 into the new computer first?

Thanks!
I normally don't shoot MOV files. So maybe it is not "sudden" but has been a lingering problem that I just did not realize.

I have learned that I can use a converter, and convert the MOV files to an MP4 so that is what I am going to do as a work-around for now.

Thanks!
I just tested an MP4 file and the audio plays normally. I am having the issue with MOV files.

Thanks!
Quote Hi folks,

I normally don't have any issues so I have not posted in a long time. However, today, suddenly, my PD14 will not play the audio from a MOV file. I get en error message which I do not understand. Please see attached screen cap. I have not had my PD14 refuse to play audio before.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Attached a DxDiag text.
Hi folks,

I normally don't have any issues so I have not posted in a long time. However, today, suddenly, my PD14 will not play the audio from a MOV file. I get en error message which I do not understand. Please see attached screen cap. I have not had my PD14 refuse to play audio before.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Thank you Tony!
Go to: