Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote ...Is there a way...

how about parking the pointer at the extreme corners???

upper & lower left and upper & lower right, same place, so that it's little more conspicuous...

PepsiMan

Hi PepsiMan

If you ever tried ig Minecraft you would know that can't park the pointer outside the game - and it's the mouse movement that make changes / moves at the scene.

but nice suggestion - thanks

I'd have thought this would be the case! In many instances, the mouse is crucial to the operation of the software, be it gaming, video edition or any other purpose, thus when you want to do a screen recording, it's inevitable you'll have that little mouse cursor arrow dancing around in your recording.
Quote Error messages are a useful pointer to what has gone wrong. I wish PDR would always throw the error but it doesn't!

I'm building a Windows application for my computer which runs in an 'always on top' window with amongst other things shortcuts to all my apps. While testing, the shortcut to PDR simply wouldn't work?? Task Manager however revealed four instances of the process running.

Have you tried using Ctrl+Alt+Delete to enter Task Manager? You may see it(PD13) sitting in there and listed as "running". Click on "End Task", that should shut down the "phantom" running of your Power Director 13.
Quote Thanks for the replies, i've now sussed it!!! I Just put the two tracks in the audio timeline them produced as a 'wav' file and this now plays as one track in my itunes!

However I have another question. When I first produced the track there is a box with two musical notes in it. Now I thought that would be the best way to save 'produce' the file especially as there are 'better than CD quality' choices in the drop down menu. However when I save it that way the file wont play in itunes but plays in a seperate box. How can I save it so it plays in tunes?

You can call up extra audio tracks(as many as needed). There's an icon just next to the selector between timeline & storyboard. It looks like a filmstrip with a '+' sign on it. Click there and add as many audio tracks as you need. I'm working off PD14 but PD12 isn't that far removed in its functions.
Quote A
Now THAT is a clear, concise, measured response. A rarity here sometimes, but most welcomed. Do you "shrink" the visual footprint to prevent loss of picure due to TV overscan? Not sure if that is an issue with a mere file, I will see shortly and report back.

I use the CLPV system to convert the 4:3 to 16:9. I learned about CLPV after asking how they got episodes of the old 1960s TV sit-com "I Dream Of Jeannie" into wide-screen without all the actors looking like they've raided the refridgerator! I was so impressed because I knew that the show was shot in 4:3 and the first season was even in monochrome. When a poster answered my query and told me about CLPV I decided to try it...... YEAH! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! This'll breathe new life into that old VHS stuff! I reprocessed several old 4:3 vids I'd shot of Steamfest and Richmond Vale Railway Museum from over 20 years ago and uploaded them to YouTube under my Trams & Trains heading. Here's the link to one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIgEiY_4TwA The title of the video is SMR Loco #24 At Pelaw Main. December, 1996. It was originally shot on a Video-8 cam-corder in 4:3 aspect ratio and serves as a great example to answer your question, Barry!
Quote Hi Anja -

We're stuck with cursor recording, I'm afraid. There's no option to turn it off.

The colour setting which you have set to Ø is for mouse click highlights (the colour of the ring when you click), not the actual cursor.

For now, if you need to do a screen capture without the cursor you should use something other than CL Screen Recorder.

Cheers - Tony

Actually Tony, I don't think you CAN escape having the cursor appearing while using a screen recorder programme, ANY screen recorder programme. I've not long ago(as I write this) uploaded a fresh Video Editing Tricks & Tips edition, dealing with Chroma-Key Superimposes, and the screen recorder I used(sorry, not Cyberlink Screen Recorder) also has the cursor visible. But that's the whole point of a screen recorder software, to capture EVERYTHING on your computer screen, including the cursor!
Quote Hi, Eric, thanks for getting back to me. I asked about Public Domain to clear up any misconceptions. What's your view of this YouTube situation? I'm sure you'd have read the to-ing-and fro-ing in other threads about this subject and I wonder what you make of it all.

As I see it, YouTube needs to learn to determine which is actually "copyrighted" and which is meant to be licence-free for use in YouTube clips. When they finally learn this, we can all breathe easier.

Cheers!

From what I've heard, it's more of an issue if someone creates their own version of, say, a classical piece that's in the public domain, but there's also a performance of that piece that's copyright protected...and Youtube can't distringuish between them. Besides that, I don't know. Lots of people use my tracks in their Youtube videos and I haven't heard of anyone having problems.

That said...

It's a little hard to believe, but Soundimage turned 3 years old this
month, so I wanted to send out a big thank you to everyone who has been
so positive and encouraging from the start. Creating original music is a
lot of work, but it's thrilling to hear my tracks in your games, apps,
videos and emerging art forms like interactive novels. I feel like part
of me is in your work, and it's incredibly satisfying to be able to help
you make your visions into realities.

Thank you!

In a few more weeks, I should have seamless looping versions done of nearly every track on the site.

That said, this week's new free tracks are from my sci-fi pages. They are:

"Retro Sci-Fi Planet"_Looping

"Night Winds"_Looping

"Eerie Cyber World"_Looping

"Dizzybot"_Looping

http://soundimage.org/sci-fi/

"Dystopic Technology"_Looping

http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-2/

I hope some of them are helpful!

Eric

Hi, Eric!

As I've always understood Public Domain, the composition itself is out of copyright, but the physical recording is covered by "mechanical copyright", be it on compact disc, vinyl single or LP, or even cassette. While anyone can perform the tune themselves, they cannot play the recording in a live environment or over public radio frequencies without permission from the holder of the mechanical copyright. For example, in 1963, Roy Orbison recorded the Stephen Foster composition, "Beautiful Dreamer"(there've been other recordings of the song as well, but we'll concentrate on "the Big O's" version for now). The lyrics themselves had long been out of copyright, thus anyone can perform the song themselves, however, Sony, having acquired the Monument backlists, hold mechanical copyright claims on the physical recording of Orbison's performance, and this is renewed every time that recording is included in any new compilation of Orbison's work.

Your material, Eric, the copyright, both in the music and mechanical recording/replay is held by you to distribute as you see fit. That's my best understanding of the process. Obviously though, YouTube doesn't seem to have that understanding.
Quote Thanks Tony,

What a petty - otherwise, it's smart that after a recording one can go directly to the PDR - but, then I have to go back to Bandicam.

Fortunately, the PDR now is able to deal with variable frame rates unlike previous versions.

Have a nice day

Cheers - Anja

Actually, I find the mouse cursor quite useful! Especially the blue rings appearing when I click on something. I've started producing my "Video Editing Tricks & Tips" videos recently and having the cursor and blue "clicking" rings helps to point to what I might be talking about in my narration.
Quote Devices like these, intended to capture from analogue video sources(video decks, VHS or Beta) or older cam-corders(Video-8, Hi-8 or VHS-C) are generally "plug-and-play" when you hook them up and give your computer a few seconds to "recognise" them. The issue may not be with the computer, but might possibly lie within the circuitry of the capture device itself which might be stopping PD12 or even later versions of Power Director to recognise the signal coming in via this device. That's my guess.

Curious that Windows seems to recognise the device, and a couple of other applications too. Using PD for the whole process would seem like the correct approach. I suspect that by design, my "trial" software won't work with devices like these. I am wondering why that would be.

Meantime I have found one mode (MP4, in very low res) that the Easycap software can capture in, and PD can read and edit. But less than ideal...so far.

I thik you may have answered your own question when you said your Power Director was "trial" software. As is often the case, trial versions of software, as well as having a limited use time of 30 days for "evaluation" purposes, also have many of their advertised features disabled. Recognition of your capture device may well be one of those features disabled due to the "trial" status of the software. Upon activation to become permanent software, your capture card may function as intended. Good luck.
Devices like these, intended to capture from analogue video sources(video decks, VHS or Beta) or older cam-corders(Video-8, Hi-8 or VHS-C) are generally "plug-and-play" when you hook them up and give your computer a few seconds to "recognise" them. The issue may not be with the computer, but might possibly lie within the circuitry of the capture device itself which might be stopping PD12 or even later versions of Power Director to recognise the signal coming in via this device. That's my guess.
Quote I sent many requests to Cyberlink for assistance but never received a reply.

[Content removed by Moderator. - The original statement was untrue. The member was given the chance to correct the misleading statement but he chose to leave the statement as a matter of public record and add an addendum to the original post. This gives Mods no other option than to remove the misleading statement and make clear that statements which are not true cannot be left as public records. The poster has been notified of this action.]

.......................It's only via this forum that you'll find anyone with suffivient knowledge of a situation such as yours to be able to provide an answer. As it eventuates, you have corrected the situation yourself, as shown by your subsequent post. Well done!

Cheers!

Post-submit comment: Cyberlink Forum Administration sent me a Private Message, asking me to amend the above comment to say that Cyberlink DO offer a Help and Support service. Asking me to amend the comment is one thing, but the experiences of Yaverlander 1 and others tell a vastly different story. I added this at 9.06pm, Monday Evening, 27th February, 2017(Australian East Coast Daylight Savings Time).

Neil - it's just stitching like in a regular panorama, but way more complex because it's stitched in multiple directions rather than one.

Cheers - Tony

Hi, Tony! I knew what they were talking about, but the line lent itself to my er... "warped" sense of humour! There, I said it... Warped! I dobbed myself in right there!
Quite recently I looked up the site for downloading DaVinci Resolve after seeing it demo'd on YouTube. So far, so good. Tried to download as prescribed by the YT vid..... BRICK WALL! Only got as far as filling in details, there was nowhere to click to initiate the download. After about 5 or 6 attempts I gave up. Can't be bothered! I don't care if I never hear about this software ever again... I'll stick with Power Director. I've got PD8 and PD14 on my computer, they'll do me!
Quote I would love a few sample clips directly from 360 cameras to add to my site for people to download and test. No more than 15 seconds and family-friendly of course.

Barry, before or after stitching? I can do some later today.

Stitching? Are we using needles with cotton thread to edit video now? ha-ha!
Quote Hi,I am brand new to editing anything and a pure novice. Therefore, buying an expensive and awesome 360 camera is currently a waste of time and technology for multiple obvious reasons.

SO:Any advice on relatively affordable basic 360 cameras so I can take some 360 video and learn how to manipulate it, etc.?

Added info: I have Windows 10 and I own a Galaxy 7 Edge.

Is there a cheaper option than dropping 250-400 dollars for a beginner?

Thanks for reading!

An affordable, basic 360-degree camera? I don't think there's any such beast! Not yet, anyway! 360-degree videography is still in its infancy so a lot of cameras capable of shooting this type of video are gonna cost megabucks for the immediate future. It might be wise to hold off and keep an eye on the videocamera market to see what happens. Newer models will come along and as the current models get displaced so their price will come down as a result. PD15 is the FIRST NLE(non-linear editor) to accomodate this type of videography as far as Cyberlink goes(I don't yet know of any other NLE's that can cope).
Quote Just a guess but many times that is a error given in response to a poor signal from the video tape or device. Are your tapes in good condition?

Note: That message is usually used to prevent copying of copy protected content off a vhs tape.

The tapes where made when my daugther was 3 years old . Now she is 24.

I do not know how i can judge the quality of the tapes .

Do you know a way to bypass the problem?

thx for your reaction!

You can lift the protective flap that covers the tape in a VHS cassette but you can really only see the section of tape that's exposed at whatever point the tape is at. There's a little button on the right-hand side of the cassette with the flap facing away from you, which is normally pushed by a lever as the tape is inserted into the VCR. Pushing that button will allow you to view the tape itself. Probably the best thing to do is view the tape before you attempt to capture the content. Severe audio/video dropouts along the tape, which also affect the control track, can cause the phenomenon you're experiencing, I've seen this myself when transferring old VHS content to my computer. View the tape, stop and eject where you see any dropouts and inspect the physical condition of the tape. Even if it isn't "crinkled" there might be foreign matter or partially-erased portions that might trigger that "false copyright warning". Any number of problems can occur when trying to capture from old analogue sources, probably helps to keep your fingers crossed for luck as you recover those "precious memories".
Quote Scott -

There's a way to share that Snowman timelapse on FaceBook, without getting any copyright notice. If you upload it to YouTube (which still hasn't issued me a notification), you can simply paste the YT link in a FaceBook post, as I've done here. See the attached screenshot.

Neil -

Some of the music to which you refer cannot be accurately described as "license free". For example, if you purchased "Whimsical Journey" directly from Triple Scoop Music there are license purchase options (shown in attached screenshot).

Now - I don't know what kind of deal Pinnacle, Corel or CyberLink have done with Triple Scoop Music or Muserk... but I'll bet they didn't pay to cover thousands of NLE users!

Cheers - Tony

Well, Tony, looks like I won't be using any more of Triple Scoop Music(Muserk)'s content. As they say, once bitten, twice shy. I had downloaded a few of Eric Matyas's tracks, I may try one of them but I may need to open it in my Sound Forge and re-save it with a variant of its title format, thus: Eric Matyas] MAGICAL GETAWAY(E. Matyas) Eric Matyas 2017, then, on saving, delete the sfk file that gets generated with MP3 files. That should(might) get me past copyright flagging(fingers crossed).

Cheers!
Quote Or something that gives you permission if you are not monitizing. I just want to share. If I decide to try to make YouTube money then I should have to pay at that time and either get the permissions or remove videos without permission. Still cant figure out why Facebook cares.

Good point! I've elected not to monetize due to the nature of what I upload, which is about rail transport(towit, Trams & Trains) and more recently some video how-to segments I've produced on how to create various effects in PD14. I've used music in a video just once and got a notice that it was copyrighted. Tony(Ynotfish) has picked up on this, scroll back up the page to read his comments.

Suffice to say, I'm now extremely wary of using music in my videos because of this.
Quote Hi Neil,

It's really not in the public domain because I have my own license (it's on my "About" page.) My lisence is exactly the same as "CC-by" except that I probit my work from being used in things that are considered obscene by Youtube community standards.

Anyhow, I hope some of my tracks are coming in handy.

Here are this week's new free tracks:

On my Quiet 2 Page, we have:

"Desert After Rain"_Looping

"Vast Places"_Looping

"Autumn Leaves"_Looping

On my Upbeat Page, we have:

"Calmer Times"_Looping

And on my Sci-Fi 5 page, we have:

"More Introspective Machines"_Looping

Enjoy!

http://soundimage.org/

Hi, Eric, thanks for getting back to me. I asked about Public Domain to clear up any misconceptions. What's your view of this YouTube situation? I'm sure you'd have read the to-ing-and fro-ing in other threads about this subject and I wonder what you make of it all.

As I see it, YouTube needs to learn to determine which is actually "copyrighted" and which is meant to be licence-free for use in YouTube clips. When they finally learn this, we can all breathe easier.

Cheers!

$ 80 sounds reasonable for it all but not per track.

Yeah! $80 for one track IS very steep! But a lot of this mess is of YouTube's making. If only they'd "get off people's backs" when they're using music that is supposed to be licence-free and intended for the very purpose of adding to the soundtracks of videos intended for YouTube. It'd make things a whole lot easier!
As the heading says, I'm building up a small(at first) library of videos under my heading of Video Edting Tricks & Tips. I've already posted links to two versions of Appear & Disappear Like A Ghost. Others I've produced are: Creating A Novel Closing Credit Sequence, Aspect Ratio Conversion(I also do a comparison between PD14 and the older PD8 and the way they convert aspect ratio with CLPV), Colour Breakthrough Intro and Closing Effects, and the first cab off the rank for me was Video In Reverse For Comic Effect.

I'm putting out a "feeler" here, If there's any interest, I can provide links via this thread. For me it's asimple matter of opening my Word Document list of uploaded clips to YouTube, copying the relevant link and pasting it here, no need to click on Insert/Edit Link, I've already tried this and it works like a charm! I won't use Insert/Edit Video as it's easer just to provide links.

Those links will take you to YouTube, if you're a member there you can log in and leave a comment there as well as here, if you're not a member of YouTube, you can still comment here.

I'll leave it with you!
Go to: