Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have to add the fact that when PD9 crashes at start up it ALWAYS puts the sound volume to ZERO. ie: no sounds and I have to turn the volume back up in the system tray.

Odd that !
Back Again as I tried my PD9 without the calendar splash screen and it crashed first time !

But started the 2nd time !

Anyway, without wanting to go over ground again I went to control panel and Event Viewer and found the PD9 error report for it's crash just now.

I'm wondering if this information may help in the PD9 crash dx or maybe it's just a lot of standard tech jargon ?

Stephanie.

Below is the error report of my PD9 crash and also a Dr Watson report.

Error Properties

26/04/2011
Source: Application Error
Event ID 1000

Description

Faulting application pdr9.exe, version 9.0.0.2702, faulting module pdr9.exe,

version 9.0.0.2702, fault address 0x0008c259

For more information see help and support @ microsoft

Dr Watson Report

The application, C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\PDR9.exe, generated

an application error The error occurred on 04/26/2011 @ 14:09:05.093 The

exception generated was c0000005 at address 0048C259

(PDR9!CCLAuMixerAPI__operator=)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Good Afternoon Robert ..Just a quickie before lunch to say that after a morning of fiddling, poking and experimenting with my PC I've actually discovered why my VLC video player seriously flickers when dragged across the screen.

And this 'maybe' might be the case why my PD9 crashes 'sometimes' at start up...maybe.

Anyway, I took the skin off of my VLC to discount that and it still flickered, but more so when it got nearer the centre of the screen and disappeared near the edges !

And whilst dragging it slowly it suddenly dawned on me that my 'Vueminder' calendar lite splash screen calendar appeared to be causing the problem cozz the splash screen is up on the screen all the time. And of course once I minimized the calendar splash screen my VLC and Video played perfectly. Soo, i put the Vueminder splash screen back up and found by trial and error that if I put the 'opaqueness slider' anywhere between hard left [ least opaque ] and maybe three quarters to the right ( full opaque ) then my VLC flickered badly but if I slid the opaque slider fully right, ie: splash screen calendar fully visible then my VLC videos played perfect !

Would you believe it ? Goodness !!

Anyway, I'm kinda wondering if this is the cause of my PD9 crashing on initial start up ?

I mean I'm soo nervous with anticipation I daren't click the PD9 .exe in my taskbar !! lol

Will report back when I have trialled PD9 start up sufficiently enough to say one way or the other.

And I'm kinda thinking it might perhaps be a good idea not to use the splash screen ?

Stephanie.
Hi Robert and thanks for the advice.

I don't have any trouble at all editing or producing or anything at all with PD9 on my computer and it's only with starting the program 'now and again' and it always starts on the 2nd attempt >touch wood< And sometimes PD9 opens really fast. I just wondered if this glitch was 'fixable' but if it isn't I don't mind for the now as everything is working sweet.

Yes, this pc was built by my partner's nephew last year and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg so I am very grateful. As for buying a new pc then I know that will have to wait for the now as my partner want's his upgrading first !

As for updates then I updated the G41 Chipset graphics drivers and also my SB 5.1 sound drivers just yesterday as it happens. I know they sound dated but that is the latest versions available. I was going to check the Gigabyte MB drivers but I didn't get round to that due to a very proactive weekend totally formatting and re-installing windows xp to remove all trace and damage caused by a half a dozen Magix programs !

There is 4 gigs RAM in my system but XP only utilises 3 of them ! le sigh . But having said that my system is running better now than ever. And just for the record PD9 did the crash at start thing before and after the windows reinstall.

Hmm, Just had a thought and considering my Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10 and also Trakaxpc Pro have always run perfect I'm just wondering whether this 'periodical crash' of PD9 has anything to do with the splash screen initialising with the PD9 woman there. Maybe it has something to do with the graphics on the screen, or flash ? I only say that because I've recently had bad flickering of videos playback in VLC only when I move the video player across the screen and also sometimes when I move other items around the screen when a video is playing. The video flickers quite alot. I must emphasis that it doesn't do that in PD9.

But anyway, that's another thread for windows xp ! Getting carried away again.

Apologies and thanks.

Stephanie.

Attached is my dxdiag and I'm using build 2702 of PD9.

Many thanks

Stephanie.
I was looking for a thread with this problem of crashing and here we are..

For quite some time my PD9 has 'sometimes' crashed at the splash screen when opening the program. I then get the windows error box and do i want to send a dx to microsoft.

However, it has 'always' booted up on the 2nd attempt and it will do it when i'm really busy using stacks of ram or even when nothing else is open.

And strangely, when it crashes on that first attempt it always knocks out my sounds volume control in the system tray. ie, it goes from full to off when PD9 crashes and sometimes i forget and then wonder why there's no sound on the pc !

Soo, although it's not a biggy at the moment I'm always wondering what happens if it fails to open on the 2nd attempt !

It's just that PD9 did it just now and I'm wondering if there is any similarity with the OP ?

Stephanie.

Windows XP sp3
Pentium Dual Core CPU 2.8 Ghz
3 Gigs Ram
Just discovered it was my Sonne DVD Creator that installed ffdshow on my pc.

But everything works in harmony with PD9 so that is good..
Thank you soo much SeptimusFry for explaining to me the workings of dll's and drivers etc and for putting it all in words that I can understand.

Since joining these forums I have learnt quite a bit about PD9 and also a bit about the mystical world of the Pc.

I'm truly grateful to all those here who share their knowledge.

Stephanie.
Oh My Goodness !!..Not this thread again ?, lol, Yes, it's me, again and yes, I've changed my 'nick' recently...

Anyway, I apologise to all you long suffering people here with this thread but the 'only' reason I'm adding this bit is for the archives in case someone else with PD9 encounters anything similar with crackling mp3's !

The last time I was here was when I discovered it was actually Stoik iMagic 5 photo and video editor that was causing MP3's to crackle on the PD9 timeline. Soo, reluctantly, I uninstalled the iMagic which I had paid for, and the crackle on PD9 disappeared instantly.

But, yesterday I kinda got it in my head to try and tinker with Stoik and actually determine what was causing this within the workings of iMagic ( and that attitude has gotten me into pc bother before ! )

Anyway, I re-installed Stoik iMagic 5 and of course PD9 started crackling on the timeline once again with MP3's.

Soo, I took a peek around Stoik iMagic in the settings in the programme and when that didn't work I decided to look into the installation files with 7 Zip and after 15 minutes gave up and was all prepared to say my fond farewells to the software. ( Also in Stoik settings you have to tick which video and audio codecs you'd like to use but no matter which I ticked or unticked made any difference to PD9 )

Soo, I went to uninstall it and was greeted by a modify option so rather than totally remove it I clicked modify instead and was greeted by 3 modify options that being "Remove Program Files", "Remove Help Files" and lastly "Remove Shared DLL's"

Soo, I instantly latched onto "Remove Shared DLL's" and although I have no idea whatsoever what it is or what it does it really did sound suspect to me in conjunction with the MP3 crackle problem.

Soo, I clicked the Modify and "Remove Shared DLL'S" option and rebooted and then opened up PD9 WITH Stoik iMagic installed and with baited breath played some MP3's on the timeline !!

And do you know what ? lol

NO CRACKLE and that's "WITH" Stoik installed too. Just to double check I then opened up Stoik and did a few things with it and PD9 played perfectly....

and soo, in this instance, ....I can have my cake AND eat it too !! lol

I have no idea how un-checking shared dll's would fix the problem but if anyone else has the problem then I hope all this info helps.

Soo, that's it.

Enjoy your day,

Stephanie.
Another PD9 Success story !..I googled the problem and found some other forum threads on this issue and they more or less suggested what I do quite often by way of empty caches, reboot, defrag and check the dvd size is big enough.

I deleted all the caches inclusive of the PD9 one which was only 2.5 Mbs full but I did it anyhow as I've noticed that even with a mere 300 Mbs in the PD9 cache it really does slow down the operational speed of PD9.

But I'd had a few crashes this afternoon with other programs and this was 'after' I had updated my Intel Graphics drivers so my other half suggested rolling back the PC and trying to burn again. So after a think I rolled the pc back to Friday and tried the Burn process again. ( I was thinking rolling back to Thursday so I could have pay day again ! )

Anyhow, I made a few alterations to the final output settings and ticked 'create folder' and initilised the Cyberlink Lounge Theater Sound and did it in Widescreen and 'to fit'

Soo, it started off authoring at a rapid rate and slowed down at the half way mark but then cruised to the end thank goodness. The actual burn was very rapid indeed and I was soo rapt to get it to complete. My first PD9 Burn !

I tested it on the television and it was a good job done so I've finished the day on a good note. But my partner is wayy sick to death of all the recent Celtic music in this house so I need some new tunes for another project !

Stephanie.
Hi again, I tried for the first time tonight to burn my movie slideshow to DVD but it failed twice @ 84%.
It comes up with an error code @ 84% and says :

PowerDirector
Error Code eEB130581
eEB130581

Soo, I do have a couple of burning software programs on my pc that work so everything is fine there but it would be nice to be able to complete the whole movie process on PD9 for that feel good factor.

Soo, I'm wondering what the error code means ? Anyone know what it implies ?

It's an 8 minute slideshow and 285 MBs and I'm burning to Regular Display and Standard Quality DVD and Dolby Digital.

The Final Output Window shows my DVD drive and has automatically put in the words NEW_VOLUME on the disc volume label and I have no idea what the latter is for. Also the 'Create a Folder' box is unchecked.

If anyone here has any ideas on this then I'd appreciate it.

I did a search for this burn error but couldn't find anything.

I apologise if this has already been covered somewhere else.

Stephanie.
Good News !

Updating my graphics drivers didn't make any difference to the credits judder so I decided to use a different Title Effect and I ditched the Scrolling End Credits one and used the Default chequered Title and typed in all my end credit information then selected scroll up and Hey Presto the ending crdits played perfectly with no judder whatsoever in Fullscreen, Half Screen or small screen, it was all continuously sweet !

I'm soo pleased and can now concentrate on getting to know the program better. (Actually, I learn't a few things extra about PD9 just by trying to solve this problem, amazing ! )

Anyway, thanks heaps to everyone with their suggestions and assistance.

Stephanie.
Hi Robert, I went to Intel and used their driver auto detect system which wasn't available last time I looked and there was indeed an updated graphics driver so I'm currently downloading and installing that.

There were no other Intel updates except this one.

Hoping this update may help the PD9 crusade !

Many thanks for the tip.

Stephanie.

description of the driver update.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19412
Hi Robert, as I said it isn't a new computer but isn't extremely old. I have in the past looked for updated drivers earlier this year and made problems worse and ended up totally reinstalling windows so I'm kinda leaving things as they are for the now until such time as I can afford an upgrade to a sleeker model. If I remember rightly there were 'No' driver updates on the Intel site for my pc, 'Only' for windows 7 LAN.

For me then I don't use the programs I have in a professional manner and I just like to enjoy myself and have fun in whatever I do. I totally love my pc music and love 'tinkering' with video editing software. I don't have any pc issues as such with producing PD9 movies in HQ or Standard and I'm convinced the scrolling credits judder issue is a user issue rather than a pc issue and I'm sure when I've tried all that has been suggested it will come right.

Soo, with regards to the original question, that being scrolling credits, I'll try various methods as has been suggested here and over @ DirectorZone.

And thanks Phil, I will try what you suggest this afternoon and return later.

Thanks to all.

Stephanie
Hi Phil and sorry for not getting back sooner but thanks for all your info and suggestions.

I can 'produce' any movie to any standard with no problem, it's just that if I Produce for instance MPEG4 "Best Quality" or MPEG2 HD 1080 which makes the file size huge and then it's the play back on PD9 or VLC or anything I've got that has it lumbering and going slow with transitions in places. But I can 'Produce' MPEG4 HQ Quality or even standard quality and that looks and runs perfect.

So I'm not sure about the computer resource issue with my PC. I know it's not new and not top of the range or anything but it is a Pentium Dual Core 2.8 Ghz CPU and I have 3Gigs RAM as that is the maximum XP will deliver despite me physically having 4 Gigs RAM in. And I can't afford an upgrade so I have to cope with what I've got. I've never had any 'running out of resources' issues and can quite happily run all sorts of programs at the same time but it's just that 'playback' with the very highest quality setting on PD9. ie: MPEG4-Best Quality and MPEG2 HD 1080.

Perhaps its a user issue !! and I'd be first to raise my hand there !

Anyway, I've attached my dxdiag as you requested Phil but as I said I can 'Produce' movies in PD9 to any standard, it's just the play back in the 2 settings above which lumber.

I'll try and find time over the rest of the weekend to try out your methods with scrolling credits.

And many thanks.

Stephanie.
Hi Neil, Its late and I'm tired so heres my update.

I rendered the slideshow minus credits in the Mpeg 2 HD that you suggested and did it in 1080 although I had a feeling 720 might have been better for this pc. When it had finished it was 800 Mbs and although it played it lumbered and was slow and disjointed between photo changes and transitions. ( Will try again your rendering without credits tomorrow )

I have the same problem with rendering in MPEG4 and 'Best Quality' as it seems to be far too big and lumbery for my pc playback so I use MPEG4 High Quality and that is fine.

I thought at this point I might mention the fact that when I place the mouse 'over' the ending credits box on the timeline that judders scrolling up the 'dialogue box' that highlights to tell you the contents of the box come up and in this case the whole dialogue highlight box from the mouse 'pulsates' about twice per second whilst the other ending credit test boxes do not pulsate. they are just static as long as the mouse hovers over the ending credits title. Soo, I'm suspecting that the pulsating is, in this instance, a clue to this little mystery .

The reason being that when I typed out the original 'ending credits001' I actually put in the spaces manually by pressing enter on the keyboard and in my case I pressed 4 times each between lines on the scroll. Soo, it was quite long although there were no extra spacers in the text as I checked that beforehand and took out what there was.

Anyhow I decided to create a new ending credits box and put some text in their and it was fine with the rolling.
Soo, I opened up the original slideshow and opened up the credits box in the designer box. However, this time, rather than manually punch 4 enters into each line on the credits I used the preset spaces at the top of the designer box and spaced out each seperate line of the credits to a max of 72. And when I pressed play the credits were going the same speed as my juddery original but when I checked the spacing with setting 72 I found that the lines were only a mere one 'enter' space apart rather than the original 'manual' 4. Soo, I'm kinda wondering if the judderyness came from too many manual 'enters' of the keyboard or something like that...Maybe.

Anyway, tomorrow I will create a new test slideshow WITHOUT putting manual 'enter' spaces in the credits text and just use the provided settings at the top of the design box and see what happens.

And talking of 'Producing' slideshows and movies for the computer and also youtube what settings here do other members use ?

I find that the highest quality settings are just too much for my computer or the media players I use ? But MPEG 4 High Quality is a good setting for me.

I'll be trialling out Neil's MPEG 2 HD tomorrow but the 1080 setting is just too big and clumsy on my machine.

and I run Windows XP SP3, 3 Gigs RAM, Pentium 2.8 Ghz Dual Core CPU, Intel Graphics

Okay, I'm shutting down for the night.

Many thanks to contributors here.

Stephanie.
Hi Jaime-esque, on one hand it's good to know others have the same problem but on the other I do wonder what caused it in the first place. Another PD9 mystery ?

Hi Neil and once again, good to hear I'm not alone with juddering credits and I will test your above procedure out.
I've never used the MPEG2 setting so it will be interesting to see what happens.
I've always used the MPEG4 setting. Don't know why, but I just do.

Anyway, I will pop back in and share results when it's done.

Many Thanks,

Stephanie.
I must admit I've alot to learn and I don't know anything about color boards but I've just been over to the forums in DirectorZone and there was a thread about scrolling credits and 2 videos by PDToots which were extremely helpful and I now know a bit more.

But I still don't know what I did wrong but I will surely try a new method with credits.

Thanks for your input Carl.

Stephanie.
I'm hoping that this is the right place to post this ? I've done a search and didn't come up with anything similar, soo..

I've created a slideshow movie and added scrolling credits at the end using the default end credits title 'ending credits 001'. I formatted the credits in the designer and it all looked good. I also produced the movie in 16.9.

Anyway, the problem is that the credits judder when scrolling upwards and no matter what I do I cannot stop them juddering. I even tried downloading a higher rated ending credits from DirectorZone and re-did it all and the end result was the same. Viewing the credits full screen seems to make it worse.

Soo, I just finished the movie and uploaded to youtube anyway as I had spent nearly 2 whole days just on the ending credits and that was totally frustrating.

But I'd like to rectify the problem so that my future movie's ending credits run smoothe.

I suspect this 'may' be a user problem and maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

Does anyone here have any ideas / suggestions ?

Regards,

Stephanie.

Windows XP with SP3
Pentium Dual Core 2.8 Ghz CPU
3Gigs RAM
Hi, I have 32 bit Deluxe PD9 and I get the ffdshow codec icon showing up in the system tray whenever I play MP4's but not with flv videos.

Not sure where the ffdshow codecs came from, maybe my FormatFactory, but all I can say is that my PD9 videos play perfectly fine with ffdshow codecs no problem at all.

Stephanie.
Go to: