Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm not a video care expert but I can tell you what my experience has been, for what it's worth.

I have edited numerous HD videos with my previous 5 year old desktop w/NVIDIA card using PD8 ULTRA with no hanging problems. I purchased a new computer w/Intel Core i7, 9 GB RAM, and ATI Radeon 5970 g-card. I installed PD9 Ultra at that time and have since had issues with PD9 hanging at various transitions while producing HD video. I have maintained toe latest ATI drivers installed. Unfortunately, I gave my old computer away so cannot do any test comparisons between ATI and NVIDIA. With PD9 build 2702, I could uncheck the Preferences>hardware coding box and stop the problem but resulting video was poor quality. I have now installed patch build 2930. I must still keep the hardware codeing box unchecked but video quality is very good.

I have noticed numerous posts at this site describing the same problems; from what I see the problems are more prevalent with ATI cards; those with upper end NVIDIA's do not appear to have the same issues.

Note: I have never had problems when editing stadard video whether the hardward coding box was checked or not; only issues with dealing with HD (mt2s). Hope this helps.
UPDATE: It appears that I have been able to find a solution to the dvd burn issue as described in my previous post.

Control Panel > Action Center > Windows Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
select PDR9.exe; select the option that indicated the program previously worked fine with Vista SP2 (I am running Win 7).

Hopefully this can be something others can try if they experience the same issue.

Until recently I had no problems burning disks; the problem that has recently developed is an error code eC0030011 at 1% into the process every time I attempt to burn a dvd with a menu. This only happens when I use a menu. I have uninstalled and reinstalled PD9 Ultra and Content Pack several times including build patch 2702.

I believe the only software change is the upgrade to IE9 approximately 2 weeks ago, but I had not burned any projects since so an unable to know if the problem is related.

Error Message:
error code eC0030011
Transcoding engine's front end stream error might be due to:
-Broken or missing source file
- out of system memory

Attached is a dxdiag file as well as a screen print of the error message. If any of you out there have found a fix for this problem, any help or advice would be appreciated.
Intel i7 Core 920 @ 2.67 ghz; Win 7; 9GB RAM
Go to: