Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I think I addresses this subject previously but don't remember what the solution was.
I have 24 individual music videos (downloaded from YT). I need to edit each one for length and then save them to my computer video file so I can burn to DVD and have all 24 MVs shown individually not as a 2 hour video. Here's the problem
After doing the ediring I go to production and save as MPEG. Once produced I go to the burn page, select "burn to file, designate a name/folder, then "burn". I do not have burn to disc checked.
Everytime I click on burn I get the message that the video length exceeds the space available. That's the part I don't understand. How can 2 hours of MV be too large for my video file?
Please straghten me out. How do I save it without making it like a full length movie?
Thanks
Can close this out. All videos converted to WMV and no problem burning to DVD.
Appreciate all the suggestions.
Have a Happpy and Safe 4th of July everyone.

Thanks for the video details, VP9 in MP4 is typically not supported in PD, only VP9 in webm extension container. As tomasc said, it's worth a try, but my guess unsupported. You can simply convert to acceptable format with HandBrake or similar conversion tool so PD and/or P2G can import the video file so you can burn to video DVD.

Jeff

In the process of converting to WMV. Will update when done.
Quote Thanks for the attachment. The above mediainfo report indicates that the video format is vp09 whereas the 4K videodownloader downloads are in the VP9 format from YouTube. The two codecs are not the same. Use any video converters or even HandBrake to convert it to an avc mp4 format It will then be compatible to use with P2Go.

That particular video file might be compatible with your version of PowerDirector as indicated by Jeff. That would be the easiest fix. You may want to use chapters and menus too.

Thanks again for getting me on the right track. As always, I can always count on you.
Happy and safe 4th.
Quote P2Go11 works properly in creating a DVD folder on my windows 11 pc.

More than likely the particular video file is in a format not accepted by P2Go. Use this online link: https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline . Drag n drop that file and Download the Mediainfo report. Attach that text report on your next reply.

Thanks Tomasc. Glad to see you are still around.
Here's the Mediainfo report.
Quote Not sure if this is your problem or not but if your using P2G on a windows 11 computer, it is not compatible. I cannot burn any disc from the dvd creator on my windows 11 laptop. P2G 13 Platinum specs are not supported in win 11. Now they have recently put out a patch that might work now and I'm reinstalling the program to see if it works! Cyberlink is not a good company to deal with because i bought the product twice for different computers & it didn't work on win 11 but they say i had it too long to get a refund.
Be careful buying from them!

No, I'm still using Win 10. Don't know of any other software that I can burn CD/DVDs.
Well, after a long absence, I'm back in the forums. However, this time it's for P2G.
I have several music videos in MP4 that I want to burn to DVD. However, when I import them, I get the message "invalid format" - see atch 1.
Atch 2 shows the properties of the videos.
What am I not understanding about making a DVD using MP4 videos?
Thanks for straightening me out.
Yup. Found my CD if PD 15. That did the trick. Up and running now.
Thanks jl_jl for your response.
Unfortunately, everything I was working on - gone. Oh well. Good way to stay busy.
Have a good one.
I was having a problem with my PD16 and was advised to reinstall it.
I uninstalled it this morning and tried to reinstall with my CD copy. It said I needed the key for a previous version to continue. I entered the key for PD13 and it said it wasn't valid.
I contacted Support but they take forever to respond. I've looked @ my account and products no link to reinstall from there.
Does anybody know of a way to get my PD16 installed or do I just need to wait for support.
Thanks
Please disregard. Found my PD15 key and it worked. Looked for a way to delete my post , didn't see any.
Thanks tomasc
I'll try the reinstall.
I don't think my PC is low on resources. No other problems. This just happened.
Again, thanks
I have a different question. Should I make a new post. It's about the audio on a produced photoshow
Quote Looks like you might have corruption of your Windows user account. There are tons of articles online on how to check, repair and/or replace a damaged account with a new one. You can also try uninstalling then reinstalling PD16 to see it that clears up the mangled images.

As to changing image durations, the easiest way is to set the default image duration to the desired value from Preferences | Editing before placing any clips on the timeline.

If the clips are already on the timeline, select them all (or in groups) then click on the duration tool above the top left edge of the timeline and set the new duration there.

Thanks for your response to both items.
I have to look for my copy of PD16. Once I find it, I'll reinstall it.
Appreciate the info
Well, here I am again. Come across something I've never experienced before.
Earlier I uploaded 110 photos into PD 16 untending to make a photo show. After inserting them on the timeline I wanted to have some sort of title. Chose one and when I clicked on the Particle Room, a large number of my photos were in there along with the normal particles and those I downloaded long time ago. (see atch)
Can anybody tell me how my photos ended-up in the Particle Room? It's not a big deal. I'll just remove them.
An aside on this. Is there any way to lengthen the duration of the photos "enmasse" or only 1 at a time?
Quote Yes, that does sound all so tedious. Remember you can use PD to "Produce" just an audio track by clicking the two audio notes in the "Produce" window. Underneath the two notes you have some controls for different types of audio files and then you have the quality option too for audio bitrate. This at least can prevent the big AVI file and conversion step. PD is really tedious to produce each individual clip, you simply have to mark off each clip manually and "Produce" after the normalize of all audio files on the same video track.

Since it sounds like you are starting with audio clips. Have not thought about it much, but why not just use Windows Media Player and burn a CD if the intent is car listening? You have automatic track normalizing then too as shown in pic. One can then easily rip and put audio files on USB stick if desired.

I believe your tack order issue is just one of detail. I’m not exactly sure what your pic is from, but you probably need to preface each file with like 01-xxx, 02-xxx, 99-xxx, a "29. Yod Ra" vs "3. Whose" may not be enough to sort properly but a 29 and 03 could be.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply.
I got a lot of learning to do yet. I'm not gonna give up on it just yet.
The reason I want to put them on USB is I can import them to the player. I can then play them as they come up or select playlist. If I use CD there is no way to store them in the player. And I have to keep CDs in the car. It's just a personal thing.
To be honeat with you, the only reason I'm doing this is because I have nothing else to do. It's just "make work" to give me something to keep from being bored to death.
As always, I really appreciate your expertise and interest in my problems.
Have a nice evening.
Jack

Got it. I think. Kidding. Gonna be a test of my patience. Looking forward to it though, I like a challenge. I know I willl be referring to your comments a lot. That's why I printed them
Appreciate your interest and help.

Hello Jeff. Well, here's the update I promised.
My whole reason for this project was to have music to play in my car. Real frustrating to have to play with the volume dial all the time.
Used PD to get the volume levels pretty much the same. However, ran into a couple "pot holes". Don't know if I did it right or not.
Did one playlist of 24 audio clips. Mostly as a test. Have four more playlists with about 100 clips.
Imported the clips, opened mixer and then normalized. Found three that were a little lower so used the mixer to bring the volume up a bit. Got everything done, didn't know how to save everything so went to Produce. The only option there was AVI. Took a real long time to produce.
Plugge-in my USB, found my AVI file and clicked copy/paste. Nope. Too big. So, opened AVS Audio converter and converted it to MP3 then copy/paste to USB.
Very tedious way of doing something. Plus, now all I have is a long MP3 file with no individual clips. Guess I'll just live with that. At least the volume is the same on all clips.
If I did something wrong, let me know.
I have a question that is different but related to the same problem.
When I made up the playlists, I had to translate the titles andt he computer alphabetized them. I then numbered them sequentially. The strange thing is, when I import them into other software, and the player in my car, they do not load in numerical sequence. Any idea why that is? Is there something I can do to fix it?Thanks for your interest and help.
Quote Just remember, when you do this in AD, if you normalize a single audio clip in just the "Edit" mode by selecting both channels, you are essentially balancing the left and right channels of that clip if stereo audio. Not really something one typically wants to do as that's what creates part of the stereo atmosphere. If you select more than one clip in the "Mix" area as I showed in the AD pic I attached, you are normalizing between clips. In PD, since L/R audio channels are never separated or exposed to the editor, you can't normalize a single audio source as I described prior. PD can only normalize the multiple audio files selected.

I think with the PD pic I provided and the pre and post effects I showed after normalize, you'll get by just fine with your clips, be it just audio or combined audio/video clips. Just remember to select all clips simultaneously that you want to normalize. If you add a clip that significantly different audio level and need to re-normalize, you need to select every audio clip you want in the normalization task again.

Jeff

Got it. I think. Kidding. Gonna be a test of my patience. Looking forward to it though, I like a challenge. I know I willl be referring to your comments a lot. That's why I printed them
Appreciate your interest and help.

The concept in AD is about the same as shown in attached pic, just not as easy working with multiple clips as you have to bring them in. You can see similar effects here, Track 1 original, Track 2 normalized. Here things are normalized to the lower level so I would potentially have to boost the gain of the entire track or during playback I'd have to turn up the volume vs typical. Both clips are normalized to each other so I don't have to constantly adjust the volume knob though.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. As usual more absolutely irreplaceable info.
I deleted all my original video clips and was working with just audio clips. I have some new video clips but they have foreign titles so I'll have to do some translating which is a bummer. Once I get that done, I'm going to play with them and PD and I'm also gonna play with the audio clips on AD. I'm determined to get this done come Hell or high water. I'm not a quitter and can't accept "it can't be done". As I used to teach in the military, where there's a will, there's a way.
Will update this later. Time to get the thinking cap on.
Again, thanks a million Jeff.
Quote The PD "Normalize" works on the selected clips to adjust gain between clips, it's not applicable to a single clip as there is nothing to normalize, the gain is what it is and could be lowered or raised but not normalized.

In the attached pic, track 2 is the original clips. Notice the very low audio level of the middle clip. So if I'd just produce track 2 one would have clip 1 that maybe sounds normal, clip 2, very soft, clip 3 a little bit of a volume boost. When one selects all 3 clips and uses the "Normalize" feature you can see the gain of clip 2 was increased significantly, clip 3 was actually lowered a little, these are shown in track 1. Now all 3 of these clips will have the same level when played (i.e. normalized), no longer normal, soft, boost as was previous. If you find that this normalized volume is too low overall on track 1, use the horizontal slider to boost the gain of the entire track. All clips are normalized to each other so you don't want to tweak a clip independently, hence the horizontal slider to adjust the whole track gain.

Jeff

Ah so. I see you are using Power Director. Hadn't thought of that. I've been using Audio Director after everything else failed.
Let me try that. Actually, I'm about to delete that clip along with the others that are too low. Not worth the effort.
I'll be back and give an update on how good I am at following directions.
Thanks
Quote Maybe this will help you about normalize in PD. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78569.page#post_box_322431

Jeff

Thank you Jeff for your response. Clicked on your link. Let me see if I got it straight.
Once I "normalize" all the clips then I can check to see if any are still lower in playback vollume and if so, open those links and with the horizontal line adjust the volume up. If so, determining how much to increase is a "crap shoot". Adjust and check until you get them close. Is that right?
If so, it doesn't work. I imported the clip that has been bugging me. It's already normalized so, I go to the horizontal line below the clip and increase it to 4.78db. (Curious as to what the volume keys are. Couldn't find that).
When I play it on AD, yup, it's loud.
Produce it and when I click Save it asks if I want to overwrite existing file. Yes.
Go to the file where the clip is, volume still low.
In my other efforts I've run the 24 clips through MP3Gain, target db is 89.0. I then do a track analysis and it adjusts the tracks to that db. Then, because it's a playlist, I then do an album gain. All tracks are then set at 88.6. Still low tracks all others right on.
I'm pretty sure I'm not understanding your link. So, please tell me where I'm wrong.
Thanks for your help.
Is it possible for an audio track to not be normalized?
I downloaded a music video from You Tube, used Pazera to extract the audio. I then tried to get the volume of that track to match the volume of 23 other audio tracks. So far, no success. Here's some background.
I'm using an HP desktop, Win 10, i7 360Hz, 16mb mem, 1tb hdd, Chrome.
I've downloaded a playlist with 24 music videos. I've used Pazera to extract the audio on all 24. Because all 24 have different playback volumes, I used MP3 GainGUI normalize them. All normalized except one. So, I used AVS Audio Editor to normalize. No luck. I then used auto correction. Still no luck. I then used Audacity. Same result.
Desperate, I installed the free version of Cyberlink Audio Director. Tried to amplify. Didn't happen. I then clicked Normalize. Didn't happen.
In all above instances, when I clicked on the Play in each instance, the clip was loud. However, when I click on Save or Produce, then go to the saved/produced link, still original volume.
So, my question - is it possible that an audio clip cannot be modified?
If you need amplifying info, let me know. I'm ready to delete that clip.
Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.
Jack

Thanks for that info.
I used your 1st link and when I opened Default apps, went to all the dz files and on the dzt app it showed Internet Explorer. I went to MS store and it showed PD 364 free version plus the other two and a couple other files.
Didn't think I wanted to download/install any because what I have should work. So, based on a suggeestion in that post you suggested, I uninstalled PD and now am in the process of re-installling it.
Will update when finished.
BTW - none of the dz apps had anythng associated with them.
The last suggestion you just made, Control Panel, Progams, default programs: This is what is there

Let;s put this one to bed. I found the problem after reinstalling PD with no success on the download bit.
I went to Apps, Default apps, and nothing. dzt has IE. If I wanted to change that, had to go to MS store.
Clicked on Set defaults by app. Scrolled down to dzt and clicked on IE and selected Cyberlink.
Opened PD, went to templets, selected on and download. Clicked on the download link, Open and zoom - installed in PD.
Wow. A lot of time spent on this. Glad it's over.
Once again I have to "tip my hat" to you. Every time I come here with a problem, I'm treated civilly and we find the answer and I become a little smarter in the process. Proof you ain't too old to learn something new.
Phew. Glad this is over. I'll mark your last post as the answer.
Thank you very much.
Go to: