Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Logo-time stamp removal?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
With all the AI being implemented will there be any filter to remove logos or time stamps from video?
Not blur or hide it, actually remove it?
Does anyone in the forum have any interest in such a filter?
I will likely ask SUPPORT, but I thought I'd toss this into the mix. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Quote With all the AI being implemented will there be any filter to remove logos or time stamps from video?
Not blur or hide it, actually remove it?
Does anyone in the forum have any interest in such a filter?
I will likely ask SUPPORT, but I thought I'd toss this into the mix.

Hi Barry,

Knowing something of corporate culture, I suspect that any tool so designed would probably have to be called something generic like Content Aware Fill or Magic Mask (both from other NLEs).

I'm sure it's a likely development and the removal of time stamps using AI would be a real benefit for some, but removal of logos and watermarks (specifically) would be close to the bone for the suits and lawyers!

I suppose it'll be like social media - "we provide the platform - but what an individual uses it for is not for us to influence or control....."

Maybe your question might be better asked in more "comfortable" terms for corporate answering??

On a realistic note, a decently implemented AI type of content aware object replacement, would be a great boon for many situations, easier for "static" objects like timestamps (dare I mention other types of "unwanted" objects that detract from the artisitic visualisation of the story?) but more difficult for moving objects that need to be tracked.

Crack on (as they say over here) with the right question, and see what the answer is?

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Barry,
Knowing something of corporate culture, I suspect that any tool so designed would probably have to be called something generic like Content Aware Fill or Magic Mask (both from other NLEs).

I'm sure it's a likely development and the removal of time stamps using AI ...On a realistic note, a decently implemented AI type of content aware object replacement, would be a great boon for many situations, easier for "static" objects like timestamps (dare I mention other types of "unwanted" objects that detract from the artisitic visualisation of the story?) but more difficult for moving objects that need to be tracked.

Crack on (as they say over here) with the right question, and see what the answer is?
Adrian
Adrian!!! Very nice to hear from you, old old old buddy.
I will likely inquire to CL, just to see a response.
I have a few tapes with that damned time stamp but I also have an "interview" I did, very unplanned, where there appears to be a broom protruding from the man's melon, but it's hanging on the wall behind him, that would be object removal. Be well. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Might ProDad's 'Hide' be of value?
https://www.prodad.com/Video-editing-and-modification/HIDE-V1-86057,l-us.html
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like it's worth having for $99.for it’s capabilities. The time stamp unfortunately is static. The PhotoDirector did well on those in my test on an image. That partial image may be used in a static setting video interview,