Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
bitrate and quality of blu ray pure audio
davidebond [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2022 12:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. If I play a blu ray pure audio using pcm, I can listen to music at 24 bit/192khz, but if I choose dts I can listen to music only at 24 bit/48khz. Is it possible listening to music with dts and at 24 bit/192 khz? DGG, for example, makes blu ray pure audio at 24 bit/96khz. I tried anything, but without success. What can I do?

Thanks and best regards,

davide

P.S. I use windows 10 pro on a Lenovo thinkpad L5, intel core i7 10th generation with a dac Topping dx3 pro which can arrive at a very high resolutions (for example, 32 bits).
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi. If I play a blu ray pure audio using pcm, I can listen to music at 24 bit/192khz, but if I choose dts I can listen to music only at 24 bit/48khz. Is it possible listening to music with dts and at 24 bit/192 khz? DGG, for example, makes blu ray pure audio at 24 bit/96khz. I tried anything, but without success. What can I do?

Thanks and best regards,

davide

P.S. I use windows 10 pro on a Lenovo thinkpad L5, intel core i7 10th generation with a dac Topping dx3 pro which can arrive at a very high resolutions (for example, 32 bits).

I consider the problem you experienced is relevant with the DRM protection of audio on BDs.

As what I've learned, Hi-res audio of BDs cannot be output in its maximum quality but played in down-sampled rate if you applied a USB DAC devices because of the evil DRM, most of DAC devices that commonly used by audiophiles are not BD DRM audio certified even though they are "Hi-res" certified.

If you would really like to play the Hi-res audio of BD discs in its maximum sample rate, you may use a HDMI home cinema A/V receiver as the audio output, and set the HDMI output mode as non-decoded HD audio mode in powerdvd's settings.

Using a home cinema level A/V receiver (amplifier) is the easiest solution than searching for a certified DAC because there are too many models of DAC customized and relesaed by various and different manufacturers are not specifically designed for the playback of BD DRM audio.

Another solution is that:
Go to find DRM-free version of your audio contents.
davidebond [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2022 12:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately my dac has no hdmi port. Is it good a coaxial or a rca cable? Or bluetooth?

Thanks and best,

davide

P.S. I own a Topping dx3 Pro and use windows 10 pro on a thinkpad L5, Intel Core i7, 10th gen for the spec.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2022 04:31