Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot work with layers as stated in the manual, e.g. crop
Ed19712022 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2022 09:44 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks,

Me again, with yet another issue. I love PhD but it doesn't love me, it seems.

What I want to do: add a layer and rotate it by a certain amount.

Manual says this:

Straightening/Rotating Layers
To straighten/rotate layers, do this:
1.Click and then click and drag on the layer to draw a line along the part you want to be horizontal or vertical. PhotoDirector will rotate the layer to make the drawn line horizontal.

When I add a layer and then try using Crop/Straighten, however, PhD rotates everything -- all the layers. And then resizes things as well to make everything smaller, which results in a crazy, cropped-off image.

Check out the images here. First, my background plus a dragon. We want to angle the dragon a bit and then use a mask to put him behind the building. So, first step rotate, right?

But the selection expands to the whole background image. So when we do a 33% rotate, the whole background gets rotated with it (second pic). The final image is ... a mess (third pic).

I've not grouped the layers and the background is locked.

Except it obviously is not.

Ideas?

Mike
[Thumb - Screenshot (68).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (68).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2139 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (67).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (67).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1790 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (63).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (63).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1725 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2022 07:38

[Post New]
I hope this screen capture helps to clarify laughing

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Ed19712022 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2022 09:44 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I hope this screen capture helps to clarify laughing

PIX

Hi Pix,

Wow, thanks. That is absolutely not what the manual says, I had no idea that rotation handles turned up when moving the layer around on the screen.

That will do the job for me. The only slight annoyance with layer handling is that you cannot then crop the image you have added. The manual says you can but as I found out, that's untrue.

This should really be changed or just deleted:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/photodirector/13/pc/enu/08_06_08_crop_tool.html?q=layers

Nothing works as claimed here: all of this applies to the entire image in the Edit window, not to individual layers:

"In the Edit window, select the layer in the Layer Manager you want to crop/straighten."

Nope, not true!

Thx for your help though, at least I can get the rotation done now.

Ed