Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing Songs from Shutterstock?
Bradley 11B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2022 08:26 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
After having some trouble with errors, I deleted all of my old versions of PowerDirector and am currently rebuilding my music library. There are some songs that I would regularly use in my videos and now I cannot find them in the Shutterstock list inside of PowerDirector 365. I can go to the Shutterstock website and the songs are there for purchase, but is no longer available in the video editor as part of my subscription. Any idea what's going on? There are numerous songs that I can no longer download as part of my business license.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote After having some trouble with errors, I deleted all of my old versions of PowerDirector and am currently rebuilding my music library. There are some songs that I would regularly use in my videos and now I cannot find them in the Shutterstock list inside of PowerDirector 365. I can go to the Shutterstock website and the songs are there for purchase, but is no longer available in the video editor as part of my subscription. Any idea what's going on? There are numerous songs that I can no longer download as part of my business license.

Hi,
I run PDR365 Business 20.7.3108.0 so if you would like to provide a few track names and details and I'll see if I can access them as well, or if I have a problem too??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Also remember that the content included with a CL subscription is only a tiny fraction of Shutterstock's vast catalog, and the only way to see the which clips are actually available for use is to use the browser built in to PowerDirector.

I know CL has previously changed/increased the number of clips available, but I don't know if that made any previously available content inaccessible. Providing names as PDM suggested is a good way to check.
Bradley 11B [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
I run PDR365 Business 20.7.3108.0 so if you would like to provide a few track names and details and I'll see if I can access them as well, or if I have a problem too??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks. I'll get some track names and post them here hopefully tomorrow
Bradley 11B [Avatar]
[Post New]
After a quick check here are two music files I had downloaded in my previous version that I am now unable to find in the music list.

-Cabaret by Berry Deep
-Amazing Innovation by Pavel Yudin

These are just two of numerous music files I can no longer find in the PD Shutterstock window. Using the search function doesn't locate them either.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 09. 2022 10:21

Bradley 11B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quick update. Cabaret by Berry Deep shows up under the "Samples/Effects" genre but was NOT found using the search function for "All Vocals". Is there a way to bring up the ENTIRE music list to include all genres?
I also notice that after doing a search, many of the songs simply disappear from the list. Exiting out and reopening the window brings the missing songs back. I'm not sure what's going on

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 09. 2022 10:21

Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Quick update. Cabaret by Berry Deep shows up under the "Samples/Effects" genre but was NOT found using the search function for "All Vocals". Is there a way to bring up the ENTIRE music list to include all genres?
I also notice that after doing a search, many of the songs simply disappear from the list. Exiting out and reopening the window brings the missing songs back. I'm not sure what's going on

Hi,

My search for Cabaret came up Ok, but Amazing Innovation didn't.

My own experiments on the search function show a certain randomness about the function and the display of files, so I will pursue the issue.
In the meantime, please raise a support ticket to get the issue into the formal CS system.

If anyone cares to add anything on the Search function from their own experiences, please do.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If anyone cares to add anything on the Search function from their own experiences, please do.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

The search can work and downloaded the song just fine.
[Thumb - amazing innovations search.jpg]
 Filename
amazing innovations search.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Shutterstock music search can work.
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
Bradley 11B [Avatar]
[Post New]

How did you do that and why doesn't the song appear in the music list? That's how I found it in the first place.
Bradley 11B [Avatar]
[Post New]

I still don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm in the Shutterstock music section like and using the search box like you are. I type in "Amazing" and nothing, not one thing pops up.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You're not doing anything wrong, but for some reason the Filters control is probably set to All Vocals rather than to show all content. Click on the Filter search results button (highlighted in blue below) and select Pop to find the missing songs:

I don't know why things work as expected for tomasc and PDM while you and I seem to be stuck with a forced filter setting. One clue is that there's no filter button at all in tomasc's screenshot. But why?

I also don't see any way to select all or deselect the filter to show all genres, which means you'll have to manually enter the search term after selecting every filter option I've got 20.7.3108.0 with SR number VDE220708-03
[Post New]

I still don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm in the Shutterstock music section like and using the search box like you are. I type in "Amazing" and nothing, not one thing pops up.

Hi,
I haven't tested all iterations but it seems to work like this:

The filter column outlines genres and seems to follow the standard shutterstock genres.
By default the filter is active on All Vocals
Another genre has to be selected to see what tracks are available in that genre
So far, so good

But
Even if the filter column is closed, the last filter chosen remains active
There doesn't appear to be any way to remove all filters and then select from all genres

So if you know the genre of your track, it's easy enough to find
If you don't know, it's much more laborious

Further information for a workaround :
If you use the main shutterstock website outside of PDR, you will notice that there is an unfiltered search option by default
Search for "Grow Up" (as an example)
My search return shows Grow Up by Mocha Music as result 4
Select the track
Note the genres - Production and Classical

Return to PDR
Select Production or Classical in the filter column
Search for Grow Up
You will find Grow Up

Summary
I would infer that the "missing link" with this function, is the lack of an unfiltered search facility in PDR.

CL are aware of the issue and are working on a solution.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Bradley 11B [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
I haven't tested all iterations but it seems to work like this:

The filter column outlines genres and seems to follow the standard shutterstock genres.
By default the filter is active on All Vocals
Another genre has to be selected to see what tracks are available in that genre
So far, so good

But
Even if the filter column is closed, the last filter chosen remains active
There doesn't appear to be any way to remove all filters and then select from all genres

So if you know the genre of your track, it's easy enough to find
If you don't know, it's much more laborious

Further information for a workaround :
If you use the main shutterstock website outside of PDR, you will notice that there is an unfiltered search option by default
Search for "Grow Up" (as an example)
My search return shows Grow Up by Mocha Music as result 4
Select the track
Note the genres - Production and Classical

Return to PDR
Select Production or Classical in the filter column
Search for Grow Up
You will find Grow Up

Summary
I would infer that the "missing link" with this function, is the lack of an unfiltered search facility in PDR.

CL are aware of the issue and are working on a solution.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Ok, I thought it had to do with the filters. I look forward to a fix for this. Thanks so much for the explanation.
Bradley 11B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just one more thing...Now that I know that "Amazing Innovation" is listed in 3 genres, I clicked on "corporate" and the song STILL does not appear in the list. I have to specifically search for it in that genre for it to show up. The problem here is that some of the songs I cannot remember the name or the artist, so I went down the entire list, clicking on and listening to each song till I found the ones I had in my old PD version. Some songs are missing and unless I know the song title and artist, I'll never find it even if I listen to every song on the list