Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Connecting to web
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
In PD19 Ultimate, whenever I try to connect to web from within the program, I get message that I am using a feature that requires a web browser and that I should install one. (I have 3 and they are all connecting). It makes no difference what I try to use... e.g. learning center, help, what's new, director zone etc..

Meanwhile, in PD365 (20) the same features connect with no problem.

I suspect this is a preference setting but don't know for sure.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barry
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In PD19 Ultimate, whenever I try to connect to web from within the program, I get message that I am using a feature that requires a web browser and that I should install one. (I have 3 and they are all connecting). It makes no difference what I try to use... e.g. learning center, help, what's new, director zone etc..

Meanwhile, in PD365 (20) the same features connect with no problem.

I suspect this is a preference setting but don't know for sure.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barry

Since in another thread you indicated you recently reinstalled WIN10 for another issue. It's very likely IE11 not active.

Select Start > Search , and enter Windows features. Select Turn Windows features on or off from the results and make sure the box next to Internet Explorer 11 is checked. Often have to restart. If not this you can also deactivate again.

Jeff
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
JL_JL
Thanks for the prompt reply. In the'turn windows features on or off' I do not see a box for IE11. I do see two other Internet listings.
1) Internet Information Services with subfolders and more subfolders but no mention of IE11 or any IE) and Internet Information Service Hostable Web Core (with no subfolders).
Barry
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote JL_JL
Thanks for the prompt reply. In the'turn windows features on or off' I do not see a box for IE11. I do see two other Internet listings.
1) Internet Information Services with subfolders and more subfolders but no mention of IE11 or any IE) and Internet Information Service Hostable Web Core (with no subfolders).
Barry

Is it WIN10 or a server version?

You might see if it's here:
Start> Settings> Apps> Apps and features> if IE isn't listed> click Manage optional features> click on Add a feature and see if you can add/enable it.

Often it does require a reboot after adding or sometimes a uninstall reboot reinstall if it's installed.

Jeff
[Thumb - IE11_WIN10.PNG]
 Filename
IE11_WIN10.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff,
As far as I know it is just plain old Windows 10.
I am attaching a copy of my windows features next to yours. They are quite different.
What I don't understand is why PD365 (20) does not have the problem.
Thanks again
[Thumb - ie.jpg]
 Filename
ie.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
363 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What I don't understand is why PD365 (20) does not have the problem.

Possibly to be WIN11 compatible which no longer has the ability to add IE11 features as IE11 EOL is June 15, 2022. For prior PD versions, IE11 features needed to be installed, if not, it was one reason to get the connecting error.

Jeff