Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Surround sound question
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
If I update to Powerdirector 20 or 365 do I have to purchase audio director to be able to edit surround sound in powerdirector or is surround sound editing part of Powerdirector 20.

thanks, Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I update to Powerdirector 20 or 365 do I have to purchase audio director to be able to edit surround sound in powerdirector or is surround sound editing part of Powerdirector 20.

thanks,

PD20 or the included Audio Editor cannot independently edit all channels of a multi-channel stream like 5.1.

Jeff
Riograndzephyr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2022 16:45 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
To edit AC3 channels individually you need Audio Director aswell.

Be advised, like with most Video Programmes in this price range, it will not create BlueRay with Surround Sound, only MP4 files.

If you need to produce BlueRay in 5.1 you need Power Producer aswell, which is seperate yet again, into which you laod your MP4 file. I heard that older versions of Power Director were able to burn 5.1 BlueRay Discs, however if you have a newwer version installed on the same system, the older one will not start anymore.

Quote If I update to Powerdirector 20 or 365 do I have to purchase audio director to be able to edit surround sound in powerdirector or is surround sound editing part of Powerdirector 20.

thanks,