Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
VST Loading Problems Latest Version 12.3.2702
michaeltee97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2020 21:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So I just updated to the latest version of AD365. When I launch the program, the VST loading dialog appears as usual, but it hangs without loading any plugins. At that point, AD can only be closed with task manager. When I relaunch, same issue. So basically it's impossible to get past this.

I then uninstalled AD, selecting the setting to NOT save my settings. I then reinstalled. The program launches because by not saving my previous settings, there are no VST's to load. So far, so good. So, I started from scratch, adding my plugins. No problem. But once I've closed AD and relaunch, same issue. Program freezes trying to load the VST's.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with the new version, or something has gone wrong with my installation. If anyone has installed the new version - and - has VST's that were previously added, does AD launch and load the plugins as ususal? Or does it hang? Knowing this would be helpful to me.

BTW, all of my VST's were working with the previous version. So the problem isn't related to any particular plugin.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I was able to confirm your findings and have shared the info with my contact at CyberLink.

Since it makes the program unuseable, they have quickly fixed and issued a hotfix.

Please only apply the hotfix if you feel comfortable editing program files.

To apply the hotfix, do this:

1. Close AudioDirector

2. Download the attached file.

3. Go to the following folder on your computer: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\AudioDirector12\Presentation\UI

4. Find the file mainwnd.kc and rename it as mainwnd-old.kc

5. Unzipped the downloaded file.

6. Copy and paste it in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\AudioDirector12\Presentation\UI

7. Relaunch AudioDirector

I tested this and it works for me. If you have any further problems, please contact:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
 Filename
mainwnd.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
685 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2022 02:51

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]
Hello michaeltee97 and PowerDirector Moderator,

I was about to post that I could confirm the issue here with ADR365 (2702 update)...

but instead, I'll post that replacing the mainwnd.kc file provides a fix for the issue. for the team at CyberLink.

I could not replicate the issue with ADR 12.2618 (perpetual license).

PIX PIX YouTube channel