Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio export in 44.1khz?
Stephan.L [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2020 03:39 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!
I'm trying to export an mp4 H264/avc.
It works great but the audio is in 48khz?
Ain't it possible to change it to 44.1khz?
The audio I'm working with within the project is 44.1 but out comes AAC in 48khz?
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
44,1 kHz sample rate is commenly used for audio CD. 48 kHz is commenly used for audio in video.
I do not know a way to set the sample frequency, other than 48 kHz in PD.
Rendering with a higher sample frequency than the original sample frequency doesn't have advantages or disadvantages to the quality.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2022 07:23

Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Olá!
Estou tentando exportar um arquivo mp4 H264/avc.
Funciona muito bem, mas o áudio está em 48khz?
Não é possível alterá-lo para 44,1 khz?
O áudio com o qual estou trabalhando no projeto é 44.1, mas sai AAC em 48khz?

It is common to use 44khz audio the video will convert to 48khz which is the standard for videos, I think it started with DVD-video.
This should not change the audio quality.
My edits that I add music from CD or MP3 will happen without problems, for the video and audio, I just set the bitrate using a high value it won't improve so I use the same as the original audio, usually 128kbps.
Stephan.L [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2020 03:39 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your answers but no solution?
The video is made for streaming with ultra low latency that's the reason for 44.1. That's what's recomended.
Strange you can't change settings yourself, hmm
Thanks anyway!
I can always convert the file but I shouldn't need to do that, I think

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2022 10:08

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can easily change the audio settings on any produce profile, but CD 44.1kHz isn't an available option.

Depending on which Windows version you have, you might be able to choose from AAC, Dolby Digital or LPCM. Here are the available AAC compression rates with the default shown in blue:

[Post New]
It should be there since AudioDirector has it. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365