Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Switching from PowerDirector to PhotoDirector
[Post New]
I love the integration between PowerDirector and AudioDirector - but I cannot find a way to use PhotoDirector as seamlessly. Am I missing something simple?

I have to open PhotoDirector, make a new project, manipulate the photo, save it, then manually import it to PowerDirector. This is why I still use Photoshop for images. It is so much simpler and fewer steps. I would never have paid for PhotoDirector but since it is included in my 365 subscription it seems wasteful not to use it.

Is there a means to integrate PhotoDirector & PowerDirector, like we have for AudioDirector? There really should be... 😎

~Edit~ I know there is a File/Export to PowerDirector button but it has never sent the photo file to anywhere that I can find it, and certainly never imported into the open video project.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2022 22:44

https://www.youtube.com/c/titotimtravels
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The same round-trip feature is there for PhD, but they've changed the access a bit in the latest 365 version. Now it's available from the Tools menu after selecting the image on PD's timeline:

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Also, if you start in PhD you can easily set the destination from the Photo Export menu like this:

[Post New]
Quote The same round-trip feature is there for PhD, but they've changed the access a bit in the latest 365 version. Now it's available from the Tools menu after selecting the image on PD's timeline:

Thanks I have been looking for that. I get to color director and audio director by right clicking on the clip. That was where it made sense to me, and I just never found the correct pull down menu. They move this stuff around way too much ha ha.