Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Everything Went Perfectly!! What Did I Do Wrong????
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
This is my third post since being a member of this wonderful and informative forum.

I thought it was time for a very positive post!

I am running on a very scaled down computer...Windows XP, dual core 64X2with 2 gigs of RAM...with a HD Radeon 2600 Pro 512 megs of ram video card.

I produced a video using 1920 X 1080 HD footage and used 3 audio tracks plus 3 PIP tracks...with tons of titles as well.....I imported all of my footage without a problem..and I left Power Director 8 Build 2220 open for about 12 hours...Shadow files were disabled as well. It never gave me a problem....it never paused or hanged and it never had to be shut down manually.

I then installed the Fix for YouTube uploading shared to us by a diligent moderator Dafydd and proceeded to click the Produce Tab. All went smoothly with no problems. It finished rendering and then uploaded the completed video to YouTube. It finished without a problem.

While it was uploading I watched the INTERESTING ADS displayed by Cyberlink and clicked the link to watch some amazing videos uploaded to Director Zone!!! by creatively inspired video editors.

I verified on my YouTube account that the video had uploaded to my satisfaction and with the intended quality that I anticipated using the CUSTOM PROFILES that I had learned about creating by participating in this forum. I WAS DELIGHTED!!!

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG??!!!

I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE AND WILL CONTINUE USING IT!! By the way I paid the full price for this product if memory serves me correctly!!

I did ALL OF THIS while playing with my TWO 14 MONTH OLD TWINS and enjoying a homemade batch of apple crisp with vanilla ice cream that my lovely wife made.....followed closely by a superb glass of Rose wine from Provence where I spent my honeymoon. There....it was a wonderful day full of wonder!!!

I LOVE THIS CHALLENGING HOBBY AND WOULDN"T MISS IT FOR ANYTHING!!!

And the very BEST part is...I have been introduced to a group of highly motivated and passionate people who TRULY CARE about using this software successfully and desire to help other users be successful as well!!

Humbly Submitted....no attitudes...no Lies....no stretching of the TRUTH....and definately no diversions found here......just the facts as I experienced them from my little rock in the Ocean off the coast of Maine.

Now don't get me wrong..it's not perfect...from what I hear Technical Support is not perfect...canned answers and all. I understand and empathize to all those that are having difficulties. Keep reading this forum and I bet your problems diminish!!!!

P.S. I am very curious to see if there will be a response or two to this post. Who will go out on a limb to substantiate or refute my findings. It isn't a personal thing...I invite all comments and opinions.

Captain Kevin

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Nov 30. 2009 19:50

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cap'n,

What a pleasure to read your post, like you, I do not have a super wiz bang computer and rarely have any problems with PDR8. There are still issues to be resolved, even with build 2220c, but yes, it is a great program.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Gidday to you Robert!! I would Love to visit your part of the world!!!

What a pleasure to hear from you!! Thank You for your response!!!

Cap'n Kevin
Patrick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Nov 24, 2009 17:04 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cap'n

I too have just started using PD8 just about a week ago and I have had no issues (fingers crossed) doing my first simple project except with using downloaded menus from Director Zone. I've found a work around though from someone on this forum by pretending to edit the file

I am still fumbling through PD8 but I'll get there

Rgds
Patrick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30. 2009 20:29

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Gidday to you Patrick from Down Under!!

FUMBLING....THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I DO!! I am not alone!!! It does take practice....and it DOES GET EASIER!! But I take GREAT PRIDE in fumbling around and trying to make something interesting to watch! hmmmm....INTERESTING FUMBLING!!

Work-a-Rounds.....an interesting subject....many of the more experienced users have come up with some EFFECTIVE work-a-rounds. It shows me just how innovative some of the members are!! I try to be like a SPONGE and SOAK up their knowledge!!

Thanks for commenting!! I appreciated your views!!

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30. 2009 20:31

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG??!!!

Kevin - in answer to your question:

1. You neglected to keep your hard drive fragmented.
2. You removed your temp files, when they just may have come in handy.
3. With all your fumbling around, you forgot to blame everyone else.
4. You ignored various members' advice about what to do with PD8.
5. Your workflow is far too meticulous and considered.
6. You didn't push your PC or your graphics card hard enough. Come on - you're not trying at all!
7. Worst of all, you've remained calm throughout the process & not used this forum to vent your rage. Pathetic, really.

Is it any wonder things are going the way they are?

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
This is my 327th post since being a victim of this diabolical forum.

I thought it was time for spewing of the colon.

I am running on a very scaled down computer...
Clay tablet (no, not Cray), copper chisel ( I come from a long line of chiselers), grafiks card by Etcho-sketch.

I produced a video using berry juice extract footage and used an ancient chant I learned from Dafydd, sounds like "ynysybwl".

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH ME?

I paid the full price for this product twice, if memory serves me correctly (and it rarely does)!!

I did ALL OF THIS while playing with my TWO 14 MONTH OLD TWINS (twins are best in pairs) and enjoying a homemade batch of moonshine my neighbors lovely wife made (in her bloomers).....followed closely by a superb glass of ripple wine from Slovakia where I spent my honeymoon. There....it was a wonderful day full of wonder!!!

I LOVE THIS CHALLENGING HOBBY AND WOULDN"T MISS IT FOR ANYTHING!!!

And the very BEST part is...I have been introduced to a group of highly intoxicated and cranky people who TRULY CARE nothing about using this software successfully and have no desire to help other users be successful as well!!

Now don't get me wrong..it's not perfect... Keep reading this forum and I bet your problems intensify!!!!

P.S. I am very wasted. Who will go out on a limb to substantiate or refute my findings.
I invite all comments and opinions that agree with me..
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
You ask for responses and........

Tony.....eloquently presented....I have nothing further to add...Well thought out and executed......

Barry, equally eloquent with aromas of MOONSHINE!!.... I am still getting to know you......You obviously read every word.....impressive......then your PERSONAL EDITORIAL REPLACEMENTS OF WORDS......AWESOME!!!!....It was based on your roller coaster of experiences with PD....Perfectly presented to a newbie like me....I wasn't expecting Roses and HONEY from everyone.....and you didn't dissappoint me!! I will look to you for advice!!! If my problems don't intensify, I am sure I will be aware of problems I DIDN"T KNOW I HAD!!

Diabolical is one of my favorite words!!!!

Thank You both for your clever and interesting responses to my post!!!

Kevin

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 30. 2009 22:11

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
Blessings upon you all for your optimism.

Keep to the true path and follow the light.
Banish all other false editing programs.
Whinge and rant and ye will be cast down to the bowels of Satan's colon.
Do not covet thy neighbour's camera (mind you, having said that - I wouldn't mind some folks' cameras )

Don't worry, Barry there is nothing wrong with you that a little self discipline and suffering won't cure - send a large donation and I'll tell you what to do.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
Could we have a special section called "Home for the bewildered and other Stuff"?

I NEED to join - woops sorry I will have to go - men in White Coats are at door.

I think the major bug fix is keep ones sense of humour and stay cool (even if it is substance induced or maintained) in public - if I need to rave I do it in the special dark and padded room they have here.

Don

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2009 11:05

Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Adrian must be a sight whilst cruising about
on his motorbike with that huge Belgian endive on his melon.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cap'n

An excellent post!!!

I too have just finished a long labour intensive project that should have frozen about 10 times, but it worked flawlessly. Couldn't believe it!

PD8 2220C is by far the best of a bad bunch and I too have paid full retail price for PD5, PD6, PD7 and PD8.

Good luck with your projects.

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Cap'n & Crew -

In the spirit of POSITIVITY, I'd like to report on a small success I had this morning.

I was completing a project for my two grandsons about animals & alphabets (a pretty high brow project).

The timeline looked like something was bound to go wrong...

The main video track had 32 short clips (ranging from 4 - 7 minutes & 3 separate slide shows.
5 PIP tracks were littered with other clips and funny little things that popped in and out.
There was an audio bed in the music track & the voice track was loaded with various sound effects...

There was no menu, so I guess that was a saving grace... and admittedly, the slide shows had been pre-rendered.

When I clicked Burn and walked away from the 3GB+ project, I half expected to come back to find some error message on the screen.

No way. The only news PD had for me was "Burn successful".

I knew you'd all be pleased.

Cheers - Tony
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Tony,

The stars must have been in perfect alignment!!!

Cubby House Films - Thank you very much....I am glad you enjoyed the post topic. I believe throwing in some success stories just feels good as I write it!!!

Barry - That endive helps Adrian corner better on his motorcycle it also holds 5 more gallons of fuel!

Donald - - You have a padded room too!!!!!

vn800rider - I found a Gold Ring with a Very Large Ruby in it...is it yours perhaps? It must have slipped off your finger when one of your flock was kneeling before you and kissing your hand!!!

Keep those Positive stories coming!!!

Kevin