Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trying to dub clean audio file into video file of music captured outdoors
donl1150 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2021 08:22 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have an animated Christmas light show and am trying to dub a clean audio file over the iPhone recorded video of the song on display. I have tried to follow the example shown in the tutorial called "Aligning Voice Dubs to Video" but am just not understanding the various steps. When I do finally get to the part where is says "CTRL+Select Track2", it tells me both the source and destination must be the same sampling rate. Don't know how to accomplish. Anyone ever done a dub like this? Can you help me out?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are many ways to do this, and by far the easiest way is to simply place the new audio clip on another track and align the starting and ending points with the main video clip. If you want to replace the iPhone audio with the new clip, simply mute the iPhone clip and you'll only hear the replacement audio.

If you want to have a blend of the two, leave the iPhone clip as-is, however you may want to drag the long thin white line that runs horizontally near the top of its audio track down a little to lower the iPhone's volume relative to the replacement audio.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2021 12:29

donl1150 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks but I am still having a problem. When I try to slide the pure audio under the video track so it starts in the proper position, it deletes the front part of the song. How can I get it to simply move left or right to get it to line up correctly?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Nothing should delete any part of a clip you're moving on the timeline. You can drag a starting or trailing edge of a clip to change the duration, but I'm having trouble understanding what you're describing.

Also. my first response was how to perfom the steps in PowerDirector as I didn't notice you'd posted in the AudioDirector forum. Please refer to the yellow horizontal line near the bottom of the clips for the main volume level.

If you're in AD's Mix room, all you should need to do is drag the audio on track 2 to match, like this:

If you still have trouble, can you please make a screen recording and upload it to YouTube then paste a link to it here so we can see what's happening? You can also use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload the recording here directly.
donl1150 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Another thing I noticed as I am trying to get the clean audio lined up with the video.........the video seems to be 'jerky' and lokks like it is lagging behind the even the track that is part of the video. I comes in as a MOV file. Is there a more preferred file type or is there a setting somewhere that should be adjusted?
optodata
[Post New]
AD is (obviously) primarily an audio editor and it doesn't have anywhere near the video capabilities of PowerDirector.

With that said, variable framerate .mov clips from iPhones can sometimes be difficult to edit and the usual solution is to convert the .mov clips to constant framerate MP4s using a free app like Handbrake.