Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound disappearing when video played on TV
Douglas1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2016 06:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This is a new perplexing problem

I have a high spec PC sourced from a Video PC company to specifically handle 4K (UHD) video

EQUIPMENT

4K (UHD) Sony Camcorder. PD20 365. High end PC and 2 year old Samsung 55" QLED TV.

PROBLEM

Rendered 4K videos, play OK on the my PC, but when played on the TV, the sound disappears, but can be restored my pressing the "Fast Forward" or "Rewind" buttons on the TV remote control, then disappears again after a short while and can be restored again with the FF and REW buttons.
Prior to the problemarising , all previous videos play on the TV without any problems.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
106 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
113 time(s)
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
I'm facing the same problem (also Samsung UHDTV) since update PD20. Doesn't matter which codec used H.264, H.265 or XAVC for render, there is no sound or sound is disappearing suddenly while playing on TV. I couldn't find a cause of this problem. My temporary solution is to re-render the PD render with Handbrake. Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108