Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce tab problem
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Must have done something when I was "exploring" so now when I click on Produce tab, it goes immediately to "create disc". My choice would be the alternate which is "create file". But it is now grayed out. What sequence of clicks to fix this?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Must have done something when I was "exploring" so now when I click on Produce tab, it goes immediately to "create disc". My choice would be the alternate which is "create file". But it is now grayed out. What sequence of clicks to fix this?

Hi,

If there is no timeline content, then logically there is nothing to Produce and PDR will default to the Create Disc module, where content can be added, organised and burnt to disc.

If you put content into the timeline, the Produce tab should then allow you to choose all the available options.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

If there is no timeline content, then logically there is nothing to Produce and PDR will default to the Create Disc module, where content can be added, organised and burnt to disc.

If you put content into the timeline, the Produce tab should then allow you to choose all the available options.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you.

Some further questions.

Yesterday, I noticed a long hard drive address: C:\User\Test\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector . What is this address for? Is that where my latest edit file version should be located?

Just to experiment, I tried that. Twice. Yesterday and again today.
Both times when some editing was finished, I put the edit work file name EDWORK01.avi at the end of that hard drive address.

But both times when I attempted to retrieve EDWORK01.avi from that address above, this error message appeared:

"An error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reason. Try contacting your video provider for a different video format".

Well, avi is a supported format. My video stuff is not protected content. Doubt two files were "broken" whatever that means.
Two mos ago started this video project. It finally crashed because it was a pds format and I wasn't aware that was a no-no.

Question # 1. Each time you finish an editing session, where in Windows File Explorer should that edit work file be located?

Question # 2. Just to confirm. If "pds" with all the nested inserts should not show on the timeline, avi format is ok on timeline?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2021 12:47