Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can a soundtrack be exported as an mp3
[Post New]
I want to edit a soundtrack in my Audio app. I thought I could Unlink it and then save it. But How? Michael
Lr, Ps, PD365, Canon 60D and 70D, Speedlite 430EX II
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Mike,

Outputting to an audio file is possible in PowerDirector, but not in the MP3 format. Please check the help for the details:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/20/win/enu/19_02_03_audio_file.html

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]
Why would you want it as an mp3? FLAC, WAV or even AAC are all superior options.
[Post New]
Quote Why would you want it as an mp3? FLAC, WAV or even AAC are all superior options.
Actually I wouldn't, I just threw that out there, cause it's a common audio filetype. I actually use wav files most of the time. Michael
Lr, Ps, PD365, Canon 60D and 70D, Speedlite 430EX II
uc.c777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 09, 2019 16:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Mike,

Outputting to an audio file is possible in PowerDirector, but not in the MP3 format. Please check the help for the details:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/20/win/enu/19_02_03_audio_file.html

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

My website has an MP3 player widget embedded.
Currently, I must export my video as an M4A, and then use a third-party app to convert that to an MP3.
Are there any plans to include MP3 as an option in the audio export file types?
If so, what is the timeline?
If not, why?
uc.c777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Actually I wouldn't, I just threw that out there, cause it's a common audio file type. I actually use wav files most of the time.

I too believe that MP3 should be a file type that is available for use, even in the director application.
The ability to detect the difference, in many applications being used today, is negligible, where MP3 file formats are widely used.
Websites come with MP3 player widgets, at least the host I use had design software with that type of widget available.
I have literally zero complaints about the Director 365 application... except for the absence of the ability to output to an MP3.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I too believe that MP3 should be a file type that is available for use, even in the director application.
The ability to detect the difference, in many applications being used today, is negligible, where MP3 file formats are widely used.
Websites come with MP3 player widgets, at least the host I use had design software with that type of widget available.
I have literally zero complaints about the Director 365 application... except for the absence of the ability to output to an MP3.

You can use AudioDirector as part of your 365 subscription as a standalone app to create that mp3 audio file.

Jeff
uc.c777 [Avatar]
[Post New]

You can use AudioDirector as part of your 365 subscription as a standalone app to create that mp3 audio file.

Jeff

It does not appear to be a part of my subscription. I am only able to "try" it for free.

Since other free software is available to make this routine conversion for me, I do not see the point in paying for AudioDirector.

Even if I were to use the AudioDirector to make the conversion, this is (basically) my point...
I edit videos. I produce those videos as MP4 videos. I also would like to produce these as an MP3, FROM inside PowerDirector 365.

Since PowerDirector 365 already has the capability to convert those projects to audio files, it is disappointing that Cyberlink would not include one of the most widely used audio file types as an option.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It does not appear to be a part of my subscription. I am only able to "try" it for free.

Since other free software is available to make this routine conversion for me, I do not see the point in paying for AudioDirector.

Even if I were to use the AudioDirector to make the conversion, this is (basically) my point...
I edit videos. I produce those videos as MP4 videos. I also would like to produce these as an MP3, FROM inside PowerDirector 365.

Since PowerDirector 365 already has the capability to convert those projects to audio files, it is disappointing that Cyberlink would not include one of the most widely used audio file types as an option.

AudioDirector would be included in the Director Suite 365 but not PowerDirector 365. When you wrote "Director 365" it was unclear exactly what product you have.

Jeff
uc.c777 [Avatar]
[Post New]

AudioDirector would be included in the Director Suite 365 but not PowerDirector 365. When you wrote "Director 365" it was unclear exactly what product you have.

Jeff

My apologies for the ambiguity and the misunderstanding.