Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Silence getting added at front of track when using VST
RadHom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2021 00:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Folks,

Hoping someone can help me out here!

I'm editing the audio track for videos (porting from Powerdirector 365), using the iZotope RX7 Declip VST plugin.

For some reason that I can't determine, doing this adds silence at the front of the audio track, causing the audio to be out of sync when i export it back over to Powerdirector.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to prevent or fix it?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The iZotope website did not list AudioDirector as one of the supported hosts. The Live Chat and support is free to use.
[Post New]
Hello RadHom,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

What you've observed is that, using the iZotope RX7 Declip VST in round tripping, the process inserts silence at the start of the clip (i.e. increases the total duration). Have I understood it correctly?

I don't have the VST plug-in you've referred to (iZotope RX7 Declip VST) & I don't typically use VSTs in round tripping between PDR & ADR, but in the tests I've just done with other VSTs I haven't been able to replicate your issue.
In the tests mentioned above, I used a UHD (LPCM audio) clip with duration of 00:04:48:06. In every case, using a variey of VSTs in ADR, the returned WAV file was 00:04:48:06, with no inserted silence.

Perhaps, for testing purposes only, you could attach the VST here (.dll file) and members could investigate possible causes.

Also, could you post the properties of the video/audio clip you're using?

PIX PIX YouTube channel