Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why 4K video cannot be added/imported to PowerDirector 19's Media Content?
bjch512 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2021 23:32 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
When try to add/import a 4K video to Media Content, only audio track of the 4K video is added/imported. Add 2K video has the same problem. Add 1080 video has no issues.

Thanks & regards.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When try to add/import a 4K video to Media Content, only audio track of the 4K video is added/imported. Add 2K video has the same problem. Add 1080 video has no issues.

Thanks & regards.

The trial version, or Essential version. Click PowerDirector in upper righthand corner and post the screen to see your version.

Jeff
bjch512 [Avatar]
[Post New]

The trial version, or Essential version. Click PowerDirector in upper righthand corner and post the screen to see your version.

Jeff

This is on my friend's laptop. Not very sure details but it shows version 19.
[Thumb - PowerDirector19.JPG]
 Filename
PowerDirector19.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Ultimate should support. Probably need to supply some details of the source video then. Use MediaInfo or the web base version, https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline and post the txt file here so we can see some details of your source video file.

Additionally, "Produce" one of the sample clips to 2K, or 4K profile, does that load in the Media Library ok?

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 01. 2021 21:24

bjch512 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Ultimate should support. Probably need to supply some details of the source video then. Use MediaInfo or the web base version, https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline and post the txt file here so we can see some details of your source video file.

Additionally, "Produce" one of the sample clips to 2K, or 4K profile, does that load in the Media Library ok?

Jeff

(1) I uploaded two 4K video files (only audio track of these two 4K videos can be added to Media Content) to MedianInfoOnline website, and exported two txt files (attached).

(2) I use one of videos in PD19 library (Skateboard01.mp4) to create a 4K video (4096 x 2160, 30p, 37Mpbs) in "Produce". After remove this newly-created videl from Media Content, it can be re-added to Media Center. I also uploaded this video to MedianInfoOnline website and export a txt file (video_4096x2160-30p-37Mbps.mp4_MediaInfo, attached)

Thanks & regards.
 Filename
Ireland 4K - Erie-5min_Scenic Relaxation Film With Calming Music.mp4_MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
146 time(s)
 Filename
video_4096x2160-30p-37Mbps.mp4_MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
137 time(s)
 Filename
4K_BEAUTIFUL SCOTLAND (Highlands Isle of Skye) AERIAL DRONE 4K VIDEO.mp4_MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
140 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote (1) I uploaded two 4K video files (only audio track of these two 4K videos can be added to Media Content) to MedianInfoOnline website, and exported two txt files (attached).

(2) I use one of videos in PD19 library (Skateboard01.mp4) to create a 4K video (4096 x 2160, 30p, 37Mpbs) in "Produce". After remove this newly-created videl from Media Content, it can be re-added to Media Center. I also uploaded this video to MedianInfoOnline website and export a txt file (video_4096x2160-30p-37Mbps.mp4_MediaInfo, attached)

Thanks & regards.

Your 4K_BEAUTIFUL SCOTLAND (Highlands Isle of Skye) AERIAL DRONE 4K VIDEO.mp4 and Ireland 4K - Erie-5min_Scenic Relaxation Film With Calming Music.mp4 have AV1 codec for video which PD does not support. You will have to convert to say a basic H.264 video file and then edit that in PD. HandBrake is a free utility that offers a good video convertor which many PD editors utilize.

Jeff
bjch512 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Your 4K_BEAUTIFUL SCOTLAND (Highlands Isle of Skye) AERIAL DRONE 4K VIDEO.mp4 and Ireland 4K - Erie-5min_Scenic Relaxation Film With Calming Music.mp4 have AV1 codec for video which PD does not support. You will have to convert to say a basic H.264 video file and then edit that in PD. HandBrake is a free utility that offers a good video convertor which many PD editors utilize.

Jeff

Thank you for the information.

Hope PD next release can support more format so customers don't have to use other tools to comver video first before import it to PD.

Regards.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for the information.

Hope PD next release can support more format so customers don't have to use other tools to comver video first before import it to PD.

Regards.

At best they usually add import capability for 1 or so formats or extend import of a partially support format every release. I wouldn't count on support soon, but maybe eventually. AV1 is the successor to VP9 and been out ~3yrs, VP9 out 8+ years and not supported for import with webm container.

For like PD19 they added support for V210 YUV (10bit, 4:2:2) video import support but it can't be any generic 4:2:2 video, it needs to be in a MOV container which catches lots of people.

Bottom line, conversion for compatibility with PD often a necessity.

Jeff