Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hot Keys to Move One Frame Don't Function
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
As I am slowly improving my knowledge of PD19 I try and use more of the functionality. I tried to use the Hot keys (Alt left, and Alt right) to shift a clip on the timeline a frame at a time. On my system if the clip is on track 1 the Hot keys (Alt left and Alt right) do not function. If I move the clip to track 2 the keys function as expected. Inserting a track above track 1 and shifting the original track to track 2 makes no difference the Hot keys to move the track a frame (or any other increment) do not function.

Thoughts
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As I am slowly improving my knowledge of PD19 I try and use more of the functionality. I tried to use the Hot keys (Alt left, and Alt right) to shift a clip on the timeline a frame at a time. On my system if the clip is on track 1 the Hot keys (Alt left and Alt right) do not function. If I move the clip to track 2 the keys function as expected. Inserting a track above track 1 and shifting the original track to track 2 makes no difference the Hot keys to move the track a frame (or any other increment) do not function.

Thoughts

Mine function properly in 19.0.2808, do you by chance have Track 1 locked?

Jeff
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As I am slowly improving my knowledge of PD19 I try and use more of the functionality. I tried to use the Hot keys (Alt left, and Alt right) to shift a clip on the timeline a frame at a time. On my system if the clip is on track 1 the Hot keys (Alt left and Alt right) do not function. If I move the clip to track 2 the keys function as expected. Inserting a track above track 1 and shifting the original track to track 2 makes no difference the Hot keys to move the track a frame (or any other increment) do not function.

Thoughts

Hi,
My PDR 365 Business 19.0.3016 hot keys work fine, unless the track is disabled or locked as Jeff said.

Which version of PDR are you experiencing the issues with?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,
My PDR 365 Business 19.0.3016 hot keys work fine, unless the track is disabled or locked as Jeff said.

Which version of PDR are you experiencing the issues with?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

PD 19.0.2808.0 (64 Bit), I think I'll just put it down to weird software behaviour. Repeated the exercise today put an hour long MKV clip on track one, didn't work, moved it to track two worked OK, moved the clip back to track one worked OK.

Thanks for the suggestions now I'll have to work out how to "lock a track" in case I ever need to.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD 19.0.2808.0 (64 Bit), I think I'll just put it down to weird software behaviour. Repeated the exercise today put an hour long MKV clip on track one, didn't work, moved it to track two worked OK, moved the clip back to track one worked OK.

Thanks for the suggestions now I'll have to work out how to "lock a track" in case I ever need to.

I've not seen that behavior, it has been reliable for me. What method are you using to see if clip was moved a frame? You also have the clip highlighted prior to frame movement adjustment?

The two locks are to the left of a track. One can lock audio and/or video. Locking just one can cause shifts in video/audio alignment if not careful.

Jeff

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 24. 2021 17:42