Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transfer desktop to pc
PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Hoping to transfer PD files from desktop to PC
Is it even possible?
I purchased PD 17 Ultimate, then the package that upgraded to 19 Ultimate
Instead of re-installing and re-downloading all the extra stuff
accumllate over the years,
I thought perhaps jut copying to a single usb (128 gb) and copyng would be easier

Anyone know where the defaut direcory is that PD sends all those to? Intel i5-9400F / B 360M MB (MS-7B19) 2.9 Ghz /
32 GB DDR4 / Radeon RX580
Personal website https://www.PENwords.net
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I don't believe you can just copy the program files from one computer to another. That won't fully install the program.

In fact, since your version 19 was an upgrade, you'll likely need to install version 17 first and then install the upgrade. Assuming you kep the installation files for both versions.
PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
[quotePostId=353706]I don't believe you can just copy the program files from one computer to another. That won't fully install the program.

In fact, since your version 19 was an upgrade, you'll likely need to install version 17 first and then install the upgrade. Assuming you kep the installation files for both versions.[/quotePostId]

Yes, I have installed 17 and then the version 19 upgrade
What I'm referring to are the downloaded templates and effects. They number in the dozens if not hundreds.
Any assist appreciated. Intel i5-9400F / B 360M MB (MS-7B19) 2.9 Ghz /
32 GB DDR4 / Radeon RX580
Personal website https://www.PENwords.net