Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Text (title) in PowerDirector 19 is hard to edit
WizardBoy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2021 21:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I need help with this problem of title editing. Normally it's really fine to edit a video, even with 4k resolution on my laptop. However when editing a title (aka text editing), it is extremely laggy on just a few character inputted into the text box, or even moving the box around. Also, the text seems kinda blurry at small size (Font: Trebuchet MS, Normal, Size: 18). The render has already been set to Ultra HD.

Any helps or answers are appreciated!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 02. 2021 04:56

mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello. I need help with this problem of title editing. Normally it's really fine to edit a video, even with 4k resolution on my laptop. However when editing a title (aka text editing), it is extremely laggy on just a few character inputted into the text box, or even moving the box around. Also, the text seems kinda blurry at small size (Font: Trebuchet MS, Normal, Size: 18). The render has already been set to Ultra HD.

Yes, many time text seems blurry for no reason.

Text editor consumes huge ram. I also edit HD video without any issue. Whenever i write some text then PD takes huge time to show that text. There might be huge memory leakege issue in it.

Now a days, PD developers are hardly adding new features and solving any issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2021 11:55

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello. I need help with this problem of title editing. Normally it's really fine to edit a video, even with 4k resolution on my laptop. However when editing a title (aka text editing), it is extremely laggy on just a few character inputted into the text box, or even moving the box around. Also, the text seems kinda blurry at small size (Font: Trebuchet MS, Normal, Size: 18). The render has already been set to Ultra HD.

The only solution that minimizes but doesn't solve, if you have a lot of effects (material) in other video tracks, disable it and leave only the text active, during title editing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 04. 2021 11:13

WizardBoy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Even with title alone is already lagging, it doesn't matter which clips or effects I just put in. This is also slow on Low preview resolution by the way

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03. 2021 04:41

WizardBoy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I can't use this editor at all if this issue still persist. My videos are heavily rely on titles. Subtitles are okay, but because the editing of it (sizes, color, etc.) is limited
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
What are your system specs? Can you run a DXDiag and share the results with the group? Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
WizardBoy [Avatar]
[Post New]
There you go
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded: