Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transfer PD18 license to 2nd computer
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
I'm thinking about purchasing a 2nd PD license (now, PD19) and transferring my current PD18 license/installation to a 2nd computer. I have the PD18 discs so a new install is easy enough. BUT
Is there a specific procedure required to uninstall/clean-up the existing PD18 installation?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You should be able to install PD18 on a different computer with no problems. Some users may deactivate the NewBlue packs license first if they have purchased them separately to be able to install them on a different pc. You may not be able to transfer the PD18 license later if you purchased an upgrade instead of a full version later. Use the Windows uninstall function to remove PD18 when you are ready to do so and are happy with all your custom templates on PD19.

See this recent post for more details: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85296.page .
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tomasc,
Thanks for the reply.
Since PD is in a series of files (14 for ultimate) is there any specific order of removal from programs and features?
And other editors have software tools to cleanup/remove various msi files, registry entries etc which are useful for a clean slate and especially if there is a corrupted file/installation interering with anything new. Does Cyberlink have anything like that for PD?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink does have the cleaner tool for up to PD12. See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=16457 . I believe that it is possible that a cleaner tool for PD18 and others are available if you contact support directly.

I doubt that there is any need to do beyond a normal windows uninstal. If one has created custom assets like titles and particles, etc. then they will be lost if one does the aggressive cleaning that you inquired about earlier prior to installing a newer version of PD: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83678.page . Those bits and pieces left over from an earlier version of PD wouldn’t be there for use at all to be used in the newer version of PD like maybe smartsound, and NewBlue packs will be gone too.

If you want, the aggressive cleaning works too to remove every little bit of whatever. Each person can have their own preferences based on experiences.

Let us know what support recommends. That would be useful to everyone.