Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Selecting items from preview window (PD17)
[Post New]
You know how some times you need to edit items from the preview window to make minor adjustments, such as moving a pic or some text up and down, etc? well, how do you select it if there are several tracks and items which coincide at that particular spot? I'm finding it incredibly difficult and counter-intuitive. PD17 Ult, PD16Ult, PD15ult + 13ult + 12ult
Painthop X9, X7, X4, 9
Aurora 3D (!!)
Animation Shop
Flex Gif Animator
Howler 9.5 !!
Intel Core I7-479 Cpu, 3.6 Ghz, 24 Gig Ram
Windows 10. 64 bits
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are two ways I deal with this. The quickest is usually to double-click on the timeline clip I want to change and make the edits in the PiP/Title Designer. Usually all the other content is visible and I can make the changes while seeing all the other items on the screen.

The other way is to lock the tracks of all content below the item you want to edit which prevents them from being selected in the preview window:

[Post New]
Quote There are two ways I deal with this. The quickest is usually to double-click on the timeline clip I want to change and make the edits in the PiP/Title Designer. Usually all the other content is visible and I can make the changes while seeing all the other items on the screen.

The other way is to lock the tracks of all content below the item you want to edit which prevents them from being selected in the preview window:

Thanks optodata.

The locking of the tracks is pretty smart, didn't think of it! smile (although not very practical if you have to edit several tracks all the time).
Making the edits from the pip/title designer is, I guess, the way to go. I just avoid it most of the time because it takes a few seconds to load. It's weird because sometimes I end up selecting the right track from the preview window, but I don't know how I do it, it's like "it just happens after you try several times".

I wonder if Cyberlink addressed this "issue" in versions 18, 19 or 365?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I wonder if Cyberlink addressed this "issue" in versions 18, 19 or 365?

They made some changes and it sometimes works well but there can be snags, like this discussion shows.

Maybe a submission to Rate Us & Provide Suggestions (under PD's File menu) to use a combination of Alt/Shift/Ctrl keys when clicking on the preview screen to cycle through the layers would help. I just submitted that myself!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 15. 2021 12:57