Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sometimes the sound disappears
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
When playing back a video the sound sometimes disappears or becomes irratic. This has also been the case in PD 18, but in PD 18 the only thing I needed to do was to rewind and start from the beginning. In PD 19 I need to restart it. Wat's causing this behavior? PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
32 GB RAM
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When playing back a video the sound sometimes disappears or becomes irratic. This has also been the case in PD 18, but in PD 18 the only thing I needed to do was to rewind and start from the beginning. In PD 19 I need to restart it. Wat's causing this behavior?

Basic cause, fluid realtime playback of timeline for PD exceeds compute hardware capability. Some options are:

1) use shadow files, helpful if your source files are high bitrate
2) lower PD playback display quality
3) use GPU decoding if your hardware and video clips support and your given GPU>>CPU capability
4) select the YUV color if your hardware supports to improve the fluidity when previewing your timeline video
5) if doing color corrections and/or others, don't apply until timeline editing is finished so playback is smooth during editing
6) if timeline playback drag occurs during Fx'ed clips, if you have strong GPU use OpenCL

Jeff
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the tips! I will keep them in mind.

The issue is not frequent. I think it may be related to how fast I do things like stopping, rewinding, pressing the play button and such things. Maybe if I'm not in a hurry it will work better. PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
32 GB RAM