Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Superimposing videos
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD16.

I have two videos I am working on.

Video 1 is straight forward its a normal video of my friends music band.

Video 2, is close ups filmed at the same time as video 1 of various members of the band.

What I am trying to do is at assorted synced places throughout video 1, to have black and white / greyscale clips from video 2, showing in behind the main video 1 like a ghosting in the background effect but not running full screen.

I'm at a loss as to how to obtain this effect, the synching is simple its getting the effect that is baffling me..
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What I am trying to do is at assorted synced places throughout video 1, to have black and white / greyscale clips from video 2, showing in behind the main video 1 like a ghosting in the background effect but not running full screen.

I'm at a loss as to how to obtain this effect, the synching is simple its getting the effect that is baffling me..

You may want to put the normal video 1 on track 1 and put video 2 on track 2. Resize and reposition the video 2 clip where you want to show in relation to the video in track 1. Go to Fix/Enhance/Color Adjustment/Saturation - change from 100 to 0 to make it Black and White.

Keyframe the Opacity in track 2 to 0 when you don’t want it to show and about 40 to 80 when you want the B&W ghosting to show. You can fade in/out the ghosting with the keyframes too.
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]

You may want to put the normal video 1 on track 1 and put video 2 on track 2. Resize and reposition the video 2 clip where you want to show in relation to the video in track 1. Go to Fix/Enhance/Color Adjustment/Saturation - change from 100 to 0 to make it Black and White.

Keyframe the Opacity in track 2 to 0 when you don’t want it to show and about 40 to 80 when you want the B&W ghosting to show. You can fade in/out the ghosting with the keyframes too.

Thanks Tomasc that sounds perfect will give it a try tomorrow and report back