Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Automatically PRECUT a video into SAME size segments to use.
TinkerDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2016 21:48 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I have many weding files to create a trailer.

They want the final trailer to be made up of many video segments approximately 5 seconds in length.

Can PD 365 do this ? Take a video file, and tell it to precut it into 5 second length cuts?

(Basically, just take ANY video file and let PD automatically cut it up into 5 second (or whatever length you want) segments to import to the timeline?)

Thanks
Tommy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2021 18:22

Elynde [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2019 04:50 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have many weding files to create a trailer.

They want the final trailer to be made up of many video segments approximately 5 seconds in length.

Can PD 365 do this ? Take a video file, and tell it to precut it into 5 second length cuts?

(Basically, just take ANY video file and let PD automatically cut it up into 5 second (or whatever length you want) segments to import to the timeline?)

Thanks
Tommy

If the video is short, I just use the multi-trim feature in PowerDirector's "Precut" tool. Scene Detect is also useful in most cases.

For longer video though, I use the free Lossless-Cut program here: https://losslesscut.en.softonic.com/. It works well for the video formats the program supports, and you can tell it how long you want the clips to be. Then, just import those new clips into PowerDirector for editing.