Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
GoPro9 Lens Correction Error
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I am running PD19 on a Win 10 desktop. I recently got hold of a couple of sample video clips from a GoPro9 and loaded them into PD19. They loaded and can be previewed. I then thought I'd try "lens correction" only to find PD 19 doesn't have an option for the GoPro9. I tried the GoPro8 settings on the basis it might be close but I got the error message:

"Media source error [Error Code 2]:
A media file in your project may not fully comply with the file format or standard, or your system may lack the required decoding components for this file. Please try again using another media file format."

Does anyone have an idea whether it's the file format or a missing component. If a missing component how do I find out what component ?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
80 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
146 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot 2021-03-27 174450.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2021-03-27 174450.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That error message occurs when PD has an issue with a particular media clip. I don't know why the message appeared when applying a lens profile, but chances are that's the point where PD noticed the compatibility issue. You can try using different recording settings on your GP9 to see if that makes any difference. Make sure that your test clips are at least 2 sec long as well.

If you'd like advice on what settings to use or to see if other users might see similar messages when working with your test clip, see the Share a file publicly section in this Google FAQ or this OneDrive support page to share it here.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day prevaljo -

I replicated your steps after grabbing this GoPro 9 sample clip. It's 4K (UHD), shot in Superview at 30fps/100Mbps.

In PDR19, I applied each of the GoPro 8 lens profiles, without error.

Screen capture:

So, it's not a consistent error in PDR19.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!