Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Toolbar Buttons Edit, Capture and Create Disk Disappeared
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PD for a number of years and PD19 since last year. Today I was editing a piece of video and the toolbar buttons, Capture, Edit and Create Disc disappeared. The only toolbar button I have is Produce. Does anybody have a clue what I did, or how to restore them, I have looked for a command or an old issue in the forum but can find nothing.
[Thumb - PD Screenshot 2021-03-13 194532.png]
 Filename
PD Screenshot 2021-03-13 194532.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2021 01:58

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Online
[Post New]
CL has changed the way these functions can be invoked. Have a look at the online manual and scoll down a bit. I think that although it is not always a change for the better, but they have done a good job explaining the differences and where to look now.
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/01_01_02_whats_different.html
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
This is a really good explanation of what I can currently see (and how wonderful it is ) but doesn't really help me to get back to what I know and used to love. All the old and yet to be created projects start at this point. How can I get back to the toolbar as it should be...
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Online
[Post New]
You / we cannot. This is how CL decided to device the look and feel of PD going forward. Unless it gets a lot of complaints from its users.
It is what it is.
The suggestion is to submit the suggestion to get back to the original or to make it customizable by using the "Rate us & provide suggestions" behind the file tab (I saw that it is still there in the latest version :)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is a really good explanation of what I can currently see (and how wonderful it is ) but doesn't really help me to get back to what I know and used to love. All the old and yet to be created projects start at this point. How can I get back to the toolbar as it should be...

The easiest workaround is probably to use File menu options or the keyboard shortcuts:
Capture = Alt + F9
Edit = Alt + F10
Create Disc = Alt +F12