Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio editing in PDR18
BrianE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2020 11:46 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I re-opened a short project I made a few weeks ago as I wanted to make some minor tweeks to the audio from the settings I used last time I produced the project. However, when I re-opened the audio editor from within PDR, I noticed that the sliders where all in the mid position. So based on that, I have two questions - 1) Has the original video clip itself had its audio component modified by PDR and 2) If the answer to question one is yes, is there a way to restore the original audio settings, other than using a backed-up copy of the original video clip (if there is one of course) to replace the modified clip?

Using my other video editing software (AVS Video Editor), I can easily restore the original settings, as the sliders remain where I last positioned them (see uploaded screenshot), so all I have to do is move them to the new positions or back to zero if I want to restore the audio back to its original state.
[Thumb - AVS Video Editor Audio Editor.jpg]
 Filename
AVS Video Editor Audio Editor.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
[Thumb - PDR18 Audio Editor.jpg]
 Filename
PDR18 Audio Editor.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote 1) Has the original video clip itself had its audio component modified by PDR and

Not the original video clip, the audio in the timeline has been replaced with a WAV file which has the modification you performed with the equalizer. Editing in AudioDirector is kind of a in the moment thing, once taken back to PD, modifications are reflected in the audio but lost to a further edit.

Quote 2) If the answer to question one is yes, is there a way to restore the original audio settings, other than using a backed-up copy of the original video clip (if there is one of course) to replace the modified clip?

You don't need a backup copy of the video clip as the original audio of the clip was never modified. However, one cannot simply restore the audio to original either, you need to simply replace the clip in the timeline with the media library clip and retrim if necessary.

Jeff
BrianE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2020 11:46 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]

Not the original video clip, the audio in the timeline has been replaced with a WAV file which has the modification you performed with the equalizer. Editing in AudioDirector is kind of a in the moment thing, once taken back to PD, modifications are reflected in the audio but lost to a further edit.

You don't need a backup copy of the video clip as the original audio of the clip was never modified. However, one cannot simply restore the audio to original either, you need to simply replace the clip in the timeline with the media library clip and retrim if necessary.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.