Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Background Hissing over Speech
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I recently used a CamCorder to video a speech, using only the "built-in mike".

The image quality is good, the speech quality is acceptable, but there is a persistent background "hiss" running through the whole event.

Are there any methods whereby the "hiss" can be reduced (or better still eliminated) without degrading speech quality.

I have seen many sites offering "Audio Modification", but they are all "online", a function I will not use.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ian
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It is very likely that you can reduce the hiss to inaudible levels with the right tools. AudioDirector or the freeware Audacity can be used. The Audio Editor and WaveEditor2 supplied with PD can also be used but the result may not be satisfactory when compared to the first two tools.
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tomasc,

Thanks for the Audio Director recommendation -- I have installed it and am in the throes of experimentation.

Kind regards,

Ian