Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fading an image or a clip within a project
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
I want to fade an image in a project - a photo in the specific case, but ultimately will want to do the same for a video clip.

I've found how to fade text as a starting or ending efect, but that doesn't seem to apply to images still or moving. The PiP designer has motion effects but nothing related to just fading an image.

I've attached a screenshot image for a project I'm working on: I want to fade the image in so the that visual effect is a blue background, with text, and the related image fades in over the period of the background colour. The image clip itself is circled in the screenshot.

How can I get the image to do this??
[Thumb - Japan Ryu spa.jpg]
 Filename
Japan Ryu spa.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
resort image
 Filesize
248 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Highlight that image that you have circled on track 2. Open the PiP designer. Create a keyframe at the beginning and set the Object Settings/Opacity to 0%. Move that cursor to where you want that image to display fully, say at halfway, or somewhere in between, or all the way to the right and move that Opacity slider to 100% to create a second keyframe. Click OK. That should do it.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are several way to do that.

In addition to what tomasc suggested, simply drag a Fade transition onto the leading and trailing edges of the clip. You can set the default duration under Preferences; click on the placed transitions and then on the clock icon (duration) to type in the fade time; or click and drag the inner end to change the duration manually.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30. 2020 22:58