Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Terminology
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
Terminology is everything. And what is a clear name in one editor isn't the same in another.
So, what's the PD18 term for the prcedure to re-connect a project file with some of it's components when a drive or folder is changed? (eg, some of the files are on a memory stick and now that memory stick is in a different port on the computer?)
Video studio calls it re-link, What does Power Director call it??
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Re-link works for me.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Terminology is everything. And what is a clear name in one editor isn't the same in another.
So, what's the PD18 term for the prcedure to re-connect a project file with some of it's components when a drive or folder is changed? (eg, some of the files are on a memory stick and now that memory stick is in a different port on the computer?)
Video studio calls it re-link, What does Power Director call it??

Not sure it calls it anything but as Steve said Re-link works for me. Here is a video that shows you several ways to deal with this issue.

Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
It pays to ask.
Editors in the same class generally have the same functions - but do them differently: not just the terms, but the methods as well.
I'm finding that mostly similar terms mean quite different things. eg, elsewhere, the scissors icon means cut the selected clip where the time marker is, but in PD - it opens a trimming window for the seelcted clip. Occasionally, the term means the same thing eg ripple editing. In this case - there's not an equivalent name for the same function.
I'll keep asking