Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector IOS keeps crashing
Joel Shepard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2020 11:31 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Trying to produce a 4K video on my Ipad Mini 5 64gb but it keeps crashing back to the desktop almost imediatly after starting. I have cleared all back ground apps and have rebooted.

Please help.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a user forum and you may want to contact Cyberlink tech support directly for help. You can contact them here.
Joel Shepard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This is a user forum and you may want to contact Cyberlink tech support directly for help. You can contact them here.
Humm, sorry, I thought that I was a user.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
What? I mean this isn't the official tech support forum and you've already tried rebooting. You can also try uninstalling and resinstalling the app, but I don't think there's much else people on the forum can do to help.

The IOS app is new and I don't see many posts here about it and I didn't want you to be stuck waiting for replies that might not arrive for days if at all.
Joel Shepard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What? I mean this isn't the official tech support forum and you've already tried rebooting. You can also try uninstalling and resinstalling the app, but I don't think there's much else people on the forum can do to help.

The IOS app is new and I don't see many posts here about it and I didn't want you to be stuck waiting for replies that might not arrive for days if at all.
Understand, thank you.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Trying to produce a 4K video on my Ipad Mini 5 64gb but it keeps crashing back to the desktop almost imediatly after starting. I have cleared all back ground apps and have rebooted.

Please help.

Hi,
Sounds like a hardware or compatibility issue. Unless any member has a Mini 5 with the A12 processor, it's going to be difficult to test.

If you get an answer from Technical Support, it would be good to share it here to build up the community knowledge.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Trying to produce a 4K video on my Ipad Mini 5 64gb but it keeps crashing back to the desktop almost imediatly after starting. I have cleared all back ground apps and have rebooted.

Please help.

You can also send feedback and a screen shot directly to CyberLink in the app; Settings > Send Feedback Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Joel Shepard [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
Sounds like a hardware or compatibility issue. Unless any member has a Mini 5 with the A12 processor, it's going to be difficult to test.

If you get an answer from Technical Support, it would be good to share it here to build up the community knowledge.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Tech support says that the Ipad mini 5 is not supported. From all that I have read from Cyberlink it is.
[Thumb - PowerDirector.png]
 Filename
PowerDirector.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
Joel Shepard [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
My phone call to tech support was not helpful at all. The only thing that they could tell me was that my Ipad mini 5 was not supported. Thats kinda hard to beleive looking at the specs of the Mini 5. I have had some 4k videos go through and finish just fine while others crash. Dosen't make much sense.
[Thumb - PowerDirector.png]
 Filename
PowerDirector.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Joel Shepard [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
I think that I figured out my problem last night. It seems that YouTube does not like videos longer than 15 Minutes. The video that I was working with was over 16 minutes. I edited it down to two 8 min videos and everything worked fine. Two things that tech support should learn from this, Yes the Ipad Mini 5 works with this app and YouTube videos can't be over 15 minutes long.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think that I figured out my problem last night. It seems that YouTube does not like videos longer than 15 Minutes. The video that I was working with was over 16 minutes. I edited it down to two 8 min videos and everything worked fine. Two things that tech support should learn from this, Yes the Ipad Mini 5 works with this app and YouTube videos can't be over 15 minutes long.

YouTube always had a 15 min. Time limit for everyone. You have to put in a request on YT to allow a longer video time limit the first time you upload a video manually, and not through any app. Many user uploads to YT are well over 15 min.long like mine. See this YT tutorial for some details: https://youtu.be/wMYnr3H2KKg .
Joel Shepard [Avatar]
[Post New]

YouTube always had a 15 min. Time limit for everyone. You have to put in a request on YT to allow a longer video time limit the first time you upload a video manually, and not through any app. Many user uploads to YT are well over 15 min.long like mine. See this YT tutorial for some details: https://youtu.be/wMYnr3H2KKg .
You would think that Cyberlink tech support would know that.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You would think that Cyberlink tech support would know that.

Yup! surprised
Joel Shepard [Avatar]
[Post New]
I thought that the time of the video being over 15 minutes was the problem but the problem still persist. It happens when I try to produce a 4k video, and never at the same spot. It just crashes back to the Ipad desktop. I have no issues with 1080p or lower, just 4K.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I thought that the time of the video being over 15 minutes was the problem but the problem still persist. It happens when I try to produce a 4k video, and never at the same spot. It just crashes back to the Ipad desktop. I have no issues with 1080p or lower, just 4K.

Are you producing 4K 60p or 4K 30p?

CyberLink PowerDirector iOS hardware requirements for 4K video editing and producing Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.